SaltCritters.com

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

ECLS Reefer
16 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Well Apex is installed... turned out clean.. I really love having this little shelf system to hide my wiring 😎... this unit isnt a new apex with wifi so I had to buy a wifi adapter from amazon.. should be here quick and then I can get it back on my network.. for now I programmed it with it plugged into my router, but unplugged it and installed it on the tank.. currently it's not doing anything but safeguarding my tank from over heating.. 😎

20190623_140645.jpg

20190623_140712.jpg

Fancy!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, spectra said:

Looks good..........only way to go.............all my shits hidden and love it..............

And when do you get to become a member of the cool kid group with that fancy new reefer??

9 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Ooooooo fancy! I like

Now I only need a dooms day button to kill some pumps🤔😉... serously though where are you selling your gear?? Was looking for a probe holder and had to settle with some janky IM one😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

And when do you get to become a member of the cool kid group with that fancy new reefer??

Now I only need a dooms day button to kill some pumps🤔😉... serously though where are you selling your gear?? Was looking for a probe holder and had to settle with some janky IM one😅

Whenever I want to pick it up.....................####ing tank weighs 650lbs :lol: I am used to carrying a 18 pack into the house like I want to deal with that................

Started the stand today.............now need to figure out what to do with the factory crap.................bonfire maybe :unsure:

Neptune makes a decent probe holder..................

• Like 1
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Whenever I want to pick it up.....................####ing tank weighs 650lbs :lol: I am used to carrying a 18 pack into the house like I want to deal with that................

Started the stand today.............now need to figure out what to do with the factory crap.................bonfire maybe :unsure:

Neptune makes a decent probe holder..................

Cant belive your making a stand for that thing..  they look pretty good imo. .. what ya going to do weld up a structure and put some nice wood to match your cabinets or something??

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Cant belive your making a stand for that thing..  they look pretty good imo. .. what ya going to do weld up a structure and put some nice wood to match your cabinets or something??

Going to look just like the 100 I have now...............only 3 doors on the front not just one big one.............and well when the wife says that stand looks like shit who am I to say no :lol:

IMG_2894.JPG

• Like 1
mitten_reef
10 minutes ago, spectra said:

Going to look just like the 100 I have now...............only 3 doors on the front not just one big one.............and well when the wife says that stand looks like shit who am I to say no :lol:

IMG_2894.JPG

Damn! I would totally come get that 100 if I were much closer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, spectra said:

IMG_2894.JPG

Yea I like that ... do the sides open up too.. that would be super handy for maintaining the sump area.. I was cussing up a storm today trying to get my arms in there

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Damn! I would totally come get that 100 if I were much closer. 

Its sold already..................had a guy who wanted it and that helped on the decision to go bigger..............I sold it for a good price but still more than I paid for the 750.............that was a steal............well for my dealer :lol: he bought everything...............I just grabbed the tank and stand..............

Yea I like that ... do the sides open up too.. that would be super handy for maintaining the sump area.. I was cussing up a storm today trying to get my arms in there

Yes if you go to my thread there are plenty of pics...........all doors come off on 3 sides. New one will be the same way..........electronics in there own area also........

8 minutes ago, spectra said:

Its sold already..................had a guy who wanted it and that helped on the decision to go bigger..............I sold it for a good price but still more than I paid for the 750.............that was a steal............well for my dealer :lol: he bought everything...............I just grabbed the tank and stand..............

Yes if you go to my thread there are plenty of pics...........all doors come off on 3 sides. New one will be the same way..........electronics in there own area also........

Shit your gunna make me search through that whole thread now😂

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Shit your gunna make me search through that whole thread now😂

Well grab a shitty beer and start scrolling.......................:lol:

Got the apex classic on wifi!!! To anyone that says it's easy.. well your a gosh damn liar... was kinda pain... lol....wont be long and this damn tank will be fully automated 😎🤙

• Haha 2
Just now, spectra said:

Wait thought you were an electrician :lol:

image.png.072a9b4b1aeec02f11a62359acf48a6b.png

Well maybe kinda sorta.😉. and no I never had the nack for gluing stuff together.. guess I wasnt smart enough 😋.. and hell its workin now sucka....

electricians-were-better-than-you-andwe-owit-oh-no-they-2798785.png

• Haha 1

Well maybe kinda sorta.😉. and no I never had the nack for gluing stuff together.. guess I wasnt smart enough 😋.. and hell its workin now sucka....

electricians-were-better-than-you-andwe-owit-oh-no-they-2798785.png

Yeah I know thats why you have a tank with an Ikea stand...........................

ZING.............................omgomgomg

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yeah I know thats why you have a tank with an Ikea stand...........................

ZING.............................omgomgomg

Mother ####er .. got me.. I literally lol after that one..  well played sir👏👏🤙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mother ####er .. got me.. I literally lol after that one..  well played sir👏👏🤙

Hey when my wife said sorry that stand...............well................but even me cant live with a stock item.............

Will say at least you went with the white...........I like those they look clean.

Just now, spectra said:

Hey when my wife said sorry that stand...............well................but even me cant live with a stock item.............

Will say at least you went with the white...........I like those they look clean.

Yea the doors and hinges are real nice . the rest of the stand is IKEA shit.  They do add a nice leveling pad in the sump and where the tank sits so that's cool.. but overall your right the stand leaves a lot to be desired...

• Like 1

So I was talking trash about this im probe holder I had to buy.. well I got it and man it's awesome!! Love it.. seems nice quality and is small enough for what I needed.. 😊😎

Shrooms are looking good today too.. kinda weird these look like the same ones but one of them has split and made 7 babys on my rock in less than 2 months... kinda worried about them taking over.. luckly it's on a rock that is removable from the main structure 😅...

20190626_155751.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_725000578556738_20190626_162342920.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_725092609076391_20190626_162514951.jpeg

• Like 5

So I got this little strawberry shortcake acro frag on the top of my tank. Never had any luck with sps.. this one is alive but no polyp extension.   Got this little cross flow pump on the top right. Kinda hard to see but wonder if it's too much flow. I'm running it low under 50 percent and it's not angled directly at it ..

What ya think ? Too much flow or why no polyp extension??🤔

mitten_reef
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

So I got this little strawberry shortcake acro frag on the top of my tank. Never had any luck with sps.. this one is alive but no polyp extension.   Got this little cross flow pump on the top right. Kinda hard to see but wonder if it's too much flow. I'm running it low under 50 percent and it's not angled directly at it ..

Maybe just new to the tank? Generally, you should be fine as long as you have nothing directly blasting at it. Probably just being a typical moody acro.  Watch in the evening dusk hours or early morning, they’re at their fluffiest at those times for me. 

3 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

This question is pretty hard to judge without knowing the rest of your parameters. 

Alk, Ca, Mg, NO3, PO4 please. 

For reference, my Gyres run at 100%. 

11 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Maybe just new to the tank? Generally, you should be fine as long as you have nothing directly blasting at it. Probably just being a typical moody acro.  Watch in the evening dusk hours or early morning, they’re at their fluffiest at those times for me. 

Yea it's pretty new about 3 weeks though..

9 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

This question is pretty hard to judge without knowing the rest of your parameters. 

Alk, Ca, Mg, NO3, PO4 please. 

For reference, my Gyres run at 100%. 

Params are where I like to keep them, besides the po4 . I dose so they stay pretty consistent...

Alk 8.4

Ca 420

Mag -- it swings a little bc I dont dose for it daily.. but I keep it 1300ish.  Drops to 1230 ish when I dont pay attention..

Nitrates- 3-5 

Po4- undetectable on my salfert kit.m wanting to try another brand soon..