Jump to content
FISHnChix

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *new par values*:(🍻

Recommended Posts

FISHnChix

Well not much to update but my clown hasn’t died so I can safely say my tank is cycled. Went out of town this weekend and the tank didn’t burn to the ground so that’s a plus.. next weekend corals!!!.  Kinda weird I have had my lights on for 3 weeks now and no diatoms.. very weird I was expecting to see my rocks covered ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
Just now, Weikel said:

Well not much to update but my clown hasn’t died so I can safely say my tank is cycled. Went out of town this weekend and the tank didn’t burn to the ground so that’s a plus.. next weekend corals!!!.  Kinda weird I have had my lights on for 3 weeks now and no diatoms.. very weird I was expecting to see my rocks covered ...

Yay!! 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
patback
Just now, Weikel said:

Well not much to update but my clown hasn’t died so I can safely say my tank is cycled. Went out of town this weekend and the tank didn’t burn to the ground so that’s a plus.. next weekend corals!!!.  Kinda weird I have had my lights on for 3 weeks now and no diatoms.. very weird I was expecting to see my rocks covered ...

I didn't have any diatoms until like a month after my tank was mostly stocked and even then, they lasted 2 or 3 days and disappeared after the next water change.  You must be pretty low on silicates. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Yay!! 😄

Hey wanted to say sorry about your pup too 😔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
Just now, Weikel said:

Hey wanted to say sorry about your pup too 😔

Thank you. ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
On 10/15/2018 at 5:23 PM, patback said:

I didn't have any diatoms until like a month after my tank was mostly stocked and even then, they lasted 2 or 3 days and disappeared after the next water change.  You must be pretty low on silicates. 

Yea that's what I am thinking low silicates... tanks been running since 9.3.17 but only added a fish like a week ago...

 

My lfs never has trouchus snails and they had some today so I got 7 of them and added that. Hope they hang in there bc there is zero visible alage 😓

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Well I guess I popped my fraging cherry. I have never really fragged a coral myself and well I still haven't,  but I did remove a coral from a frag plug and glue it onto a new plug lol.. that being said I added my first coral to my new tank. Pretty excited about it hopefully it does well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Just a little torch and he is super pissed now lol

20181019_162148.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
patback
49 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Just a little torch and he is super pissed now lol

20181019_162148.jpg

Torches grow the fastest ime.   Nice piece. 🙂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Getting happier.   Second coral went in. Super stoked getting a kole eyed tang tomorrow 😎

20181020_182701.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Finally got my new fish. He is super cool but still pretty timid.. I got him in my 32 cube so i can observe him for a month or so before adding him to the reefer.. fish store had this little guy since September and he is still looking healthy so hopefully no ich...

20181021_160125.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
ReefGoat

That's my favorite fish. My 45g Shallow won't make a good home for one though. I'll have to wait 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

Shit 4 pages and only one frag :tears:

 

 

 

 

:tongueout: figured I would venture out :lol:

 

and get that mixing bucket away from the tool chest.............that thing will start rusting...........I know from experience :lol: my MAC top box has rusted from being next to a bucket for a few.............

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Shit 4 pages and only one frag :tears:

 

 

 

 

:tongueout: figured I would venture out :lol:

 

and get that mixing bucket away from the tool chest.............that thing will start rusting...........I know from experience :lol: my MAC top box has rusted from being next to a bucket for a few.............

Well well well looked who got out of the lounge 😎... 4 pages and 2 frags by the way lol...

 

Never thought about the tools being so close to the mixing station though. I really only make water over night then mix for ummm 20 minutes then empty the can so maybe the tools will be good I dunno 🤔..

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
12 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Well well well looked who got out of the lounge 😎... 4 pages and 2 frags by the way lol...

 

Never thought about the tools being so close to the mixing station though. I really only make water over night then mix for ummm 20 minutes then empty the can so maybe the tools will be good I dunno 🤔..

Yeah I would mix and let sit.....................

 

Dont get used to it this may be my only other post :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

So kinda weird I came home today and my two frags looked a little sucked up. It's a 15 head candy cane coral and a small torch.. so I am a tester. Last Thursday my alk was 8 and ca was 430. Now I have checked weekly and it's been the same before the corals were added.  Today I tested twice and alk was 7 and ca was 390.. kinda weird that it they would drop so fast.. i am dosing it up but man seems weird right???

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79
5 minutes ago, Weikel said:

So kinda weird I came home today and my two frags looked a little sucked up. It's a 15 head candy cane coral and a small torch.. so I am a tester. Last Thursday my alk was 8 and ca was 430. Now I have checked weekly and it's been the same before the corals were added.  Today I tested twice and alk was 7 and ca was 390.. kinda weird that it they would drop so fast.. i am dosing it up but man seems weird right???

Is that drop over a week?

 

If the corals are fairly large and you have coralline in the tank, it could drop that much over a few days.

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
3 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Is that drop over a week?

 

If the corals are fairly large and you have coralline in the tank, it could drop that much over a few days.

No that's the weird part zero corlline it's a couple month old tank with dry rock. And yea only a couple days worth of consumption.  I feel the frags are smaller about golf ball size maybe bigger. And this tank is 55 gallons plus 13 gallon sump with rock and sand I figure 50ish gallons... I am stumped but I guess will see what happens over the next week???🤔

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

So I added some coral a week ago. My frogspawn and hammer seems to be bleeching and has me stumped.. i was running them in my biocube under a nanobox duo at 75 percent pretty high up in the tank. Now they are in my reefer under kessil 360s at 75 percent.. now I have a narrow version and a wide .. the frogspawn I fraged in two and are on the bottom and about a quarter of the way up under the wide kessil and the hammer is under the narrow in the middle . Both are bleaching what gives? My nutrients Re low nitrates are 5 phosphate zero and in this new tank I have zero alage and zero phosphates.. I haven't been feeding the coral just pellets daily to the only fish a clown.. I have had corals in for a month and zero water changes too.. you think this is from to much light or not enough nutrients?? Weird is they have full extension just losing color... 

 

 

Zero ammonia and nitrate. 5 nitrates.  Alk is 8.4 , ca 430, mg 1300... all of that has been steady..

 

Ideas???

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Well tank is coming around. Finally getting some coral in there. Hopefully soon I can figure out how to take a decent photo....

9FA424A3-76AA-4B2D-AAB6-F3DCD8B89E56.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
patback

I expected to see 3 tangs and a foxface in there by now.  What's taking so long over here?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
40 minutes ago, patback said:

I expected to see 3 tangs and a foxface in there by now.  What's taking so long over here?

Lol I actually do have a kole tang in quarantine right now. Hoping to drop him in here in a couple weeks.. trying this whole “nothing happens fast in reefing” idea .. 

Share this post


Link to post
patback
9 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Lol I actually do have a kole tang in quarantine right now. Hoping to drop him in here in a couple weeks.. trying this whole “nothing happens fast in reefing” idea .. 

Ahhh, bologna. I had 7 fish by like, a month of start up in the 170. Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Ok so I tired this lightroom editing app. Pics actually look a little better 

LRM_EXPORT_32303151713021_20181111_121549201.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_32816445052096_20181111_122422494.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_32751509836600_20181111_122317559.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_32659125030698_20181111_122145174.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_32534680281943_20181111_121940729.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
vlangel

Nice pic of the tang.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...