Cultivated Reef

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

26 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Nice little gorg! My frag grew to twice the size (is around 7 inches tall now) in a month and a half

Crazy how fast they grow!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well damn nothing good to update.. pretty shitty reefing week.. had some white bugs on one of my torches so I dipped it... put it back in on a frag rack.. the flow and being so close to the glass ripped the flesh off.. long story short lost one of my favorite pieces... then I had a wrasse that terrorized my clown so bad that the clown wouldnt leave my other torch coral..  stinking clown hosted that one to death.. it wasnt any special torch but i had it for a couple years so I'm super bummed.. I decided that the snail murdering bully wrasse had to go.. and that damn clown too.. on a bright note I was actually able to catch them then rehome them..

Anyways a couple of bare photos😊

20190804_165928.jpg

20190804_164656.jpg

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Well damn nothing good to update.. pretty shitty reefing week.. had some white bugs on one of my torches so I dipped it... put it back in on a frag rack.. the flow and being so close to the glass ripped the flesh off.. long story short lost one of my favorite pieces... then I had a wrasse that terrorized my clown so bad that the clown wouldnt leave my other torch coral..  stinking clown hosted that one to death.. it wasnt any special torch but i had it for a couple years so I'm super bummed.. I decided that the snail murdering bully wrasse had to go.. and that damn clown too.. on a bright note I was actually able to catch them then rehome them..

Anyways a couple of bare photos😊

20190804_165928.jpg

20190804_164656.jpg

Looks good tho

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks good tho

Thanks!! Should have seen it this morning tank glass was covered in salt from the battle with the wrasse and cyano all over the right side..  kinda a dead spot I need to figure a flow solution 🤔.. and my sump is fithly.. everytime I turn off the pump and back on it blows old mysis everywhere .. dreading cleaning it but it's not been cleaned since , well ever... 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Thanks!! Should have seen it this morning tank glass was covered in salt from the battle with the wrasse and cyano all over the right side..  kinda a dead spot I need to figure a flow solution 🤔.. and my sump is fithly.. everytime I turn off the pump and back on it blows old mysis everywhere .. dreading cleaning it but it's not been cleaned since , well ever... 

Quit f*ckin around and clean that shit! 👉🏻

It’s like a gross time bomb waiting to f*ck you up. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Quit f*ckin around and clean that shit! 👉🏻

It’s like a gross time bomb waiting to f*ck you up. 

Lol I know I know, but that means I have to clean the skimmer and the return pump.. I was trying to make it a year then do it hahaha... it will be about 11 months so I guess that's close enough 😅

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Lol I know I know, but that means I have to clean the skimmer and the return pump.. I was trying to make it a year then do it hahaha... it will be about 11 months so I guess that's close enough 😅

One year is gonna smell fun-ky! 🤢

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

One year is gonna smell fun-ky! 🤢

Smell my fingers ... what I just cleaned my sump.. 🤢🤮... ok I grossed myself out with that one...

smell-my-fingeramerica-you-know-what-i-just-grabbed-with-4550776.png

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Smell my fingers ... what I just cleaned my sump.. 🤢🤮... ok I grossed myself out with that one...

smell-my-fingeramerica-you-know-what-i-just-grabbed-with-4550776.png

0CE883B0-E766-4F43-9A4A-7A4645B088B2.gif.513d07ae3d7cab834a897203d2886ca1.gif

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

0CE883B0-E766-4F43-9A4A-7A4645B088B2.gif.513d07ae3d7cab834a897203d2886ca1.gif

Ya know the best part of that post.. only the two females hit  the haha button😂🤣😂.. that's why you guys .. I mean chickas rule!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So now that the dang wrasse is gone I was thinking I should get a shrimp.. I always love those guys , but I'm it sure what to get.. I want one that will be out and about , so is my only option a cleaner shrimp??? Also does anyone gave a shrimp that doesn't steal food from their corals all the time🤣

Come on folks what shrimp do you suggest??🤔

• Like 1
Just now, HarryPotter said:

Cleaner shrimp will definitely take chunks of food from corals. Heck, they’ll take chunks of food from your hands!

Lol. Kinda figured every shrimp will be a food thief. I'm hoping I can keep them at bay with more food to give the corals enough time to suck down the mysis .. 

What's your opinion in shrimp? Yea or nay? Have a favorite shrimp?

ECLS Reefer
19 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Lol. Kinda figured every shrimp will be a food thief. I'm hoping I can keep them at bay with more food to give the corals enough time to suck down the mysis .. 

I love my blood red (Scarlett) fire shrimp. He’s probably in the same family as a cleaner- same body build and basically same personality but he doesn’t clean and loves to take a whole armful of food soon as it drops. The cleaners are funny too. 

The CBS doesn’t do much for me but hang and look threatening. 

The harlequin is cute but not too active yet. Pistols show up while burrowing. I haven’t tried any others, so I can’t speak to the sexy or anemone shrimps. But I really have found more entertainment with the blood red or cleaner

• Thanks 1
HarryPotter
33 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

I don’t spot feet anything, so no issues with my cleaner shrimps 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I love my blood red (Scarlett) fire shrimp. He’s probably in the same family as a cleaner- same body build and basically same personality but he doesn’t clean and loves to take a whole armful of food soon as it drops. The cleaners are funny too. 

The CBS doesn’t do much for me but hang and look threatening. 

The harlequin is cute but not too active yet. Pistols show up while burrowing. I haven’t tried any others, so I can’t speak to the sexy or anemone shrimps. But I really have found more entertainment with the blood red or cleaner

That's cool.. I heard the fire shrimp are mostly out at night🤔

10 minutes ago, spectra said:

Mantis..............omgomgomg

You bumped your head old man..

on a different note I did grill my first burgers on the pellet pooper... they are definitely "grilled" .. starting to finally figure this thing out😅

5 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

You bumped your head old man..

on a different note I did grill my first burgers on the pellet pooper... they are definitely "grilled" .. starting to finally figure this thing out😅

There neat shrimp..........get a small one and it wont bother to much in there.............

Cleaner shrimp are stupid :lol:

• Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
17 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

That's cool.. I heard the fire shrimp are mostly out at night🤔

Well mine doesn’t really have a true cave to hide in so he hangs upside down on the rock at the back of the lagoon. He advances into the sand when he sees the pellets or Brine come out. I think he’s a cool shrimp. Lots of personality.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

So now that the dang wrasse is gone I was thinking I should get a shrimp.. I always love those guys , but I'm it sure what to get.. I want one that will be out and about , so is my only option a cleaner shrimp??? Also does anyone gave a shrimp that doesn't steal food from their corals all the time🤣

Come on folks what shrimp do you suggest??🤔

I have a pack of sexy shrimp that are hilarious to watch. 

I have a peppermint shrimp but it is rarely seen...... so that’s no fun. 

5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I have a pack of sexy shrimp that are hilarious to watch. 

I have a peppermint shrimp but it is rarely seen...... so that’s no fun. 

Shoot I had a peppermint once .. after he got done with the apstaia he chewed on my lps😯

• Sad 1