Jump to content
FISHnChix

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *new par values*:(🍻

Recommended Posts

FISHnChix
16 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

Hot as f*ck and raining. 😄

Lmao sounds like summer 😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
50 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

 

Hot as f*ck and raining. 😄

Well all I can think of is this.................:lol:

 

b6bb517db5f484b9373514a2d04eb61e.gif

  • Confused 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Well finally found a little frogspawn!😎.. excited that I finally got a little lps order coming in...  nothing special but stuff I really like. Hopefully everything shows up in tact☺

Screenshot_20190610-175230_Chrome.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Mother ####.... well I know I'm playing with fire not having a top on my tank and my stupid flamehawk has jumped already.. well RIP little buddy😪... was my favorite fish...

 

On a bright note picked up a used apex today.. and got some new corals this week from unquie corals

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Didnt edit them , but they look slightly better in person.. I think they where pretty stressed from shipping.. the little frogspawn is having a hard time

20190614_161223.jpg

20190614_161216.jpg

20190614_161209.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
picoreef78

Nice. Love the neat under the hood set up!

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
3 minutes ago, picoreef78 said:

Nice. Love the neat under the hood set up!

 

Thanks!!! I think my favorite part of reefing is messing with all the gadgets 😊..  never had an apex either so I'm pretty excited to get that thing up and running now ..

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

Get a top.................

 

I hate them but went with a red sea top on mine....................so far top who knows fish lost 0 :lol: not sure how many wrasses I lost..............

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Get a top.................

 

I hate them but went with a red sea top on mine....................so far top who knows fish lost 0 :lol: not sure how many wrasses I lost..............

Everything I enjoy in life is sexier topless though🤦‍♂️🤙tanks, hotrods, women.. you get the point😎👍

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
5 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Everything I enjoy in life is sexier topless though🤦‍♂️🤙tanks, hotrods, women.. you get the point😎👍

Well suck it up buttercup and not talking about the ta tas...........:haha: I went rimless for a reason to...............but in the end the top saves live................

 

Hell put it on when your gone and take it off when your home..................

Oh and well where is your convertible at :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
10 minutes ago, spectra said:

Oh and well where is your convertible 

Lol dont have one anymore.. last one we had was the wifes little Mercedes slk280.. it was fun . Convertable hard top😃.. baby came and we had to sell it.. funny thing was I talked her into selling it bc we needed a back seat.. bought a new Camaro SS lmao.. wasnt practical so I sold it to my pops after 2 years. Had a good time in that one too🤨

Share this post


Link to post
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Mother ####.... well I know I'm playing with fire not having a top on my tank and my stupid flamehawk has jumped already.. well RIP little buddy😪... was my favorite fish...

 

On a bright note picked up a used apex today.. and got some new corals this week from unquie corals

oh man sorry about the fish. I hate losing them, but good score on the corals though.

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

oh man sorry about the fish. I hate losing them, but good score on the corals though.

Thanks buddy.. I don’t normally give a shit about a fish but this was one of my favorites.. I’ve managed to kill my two favorite fish. If the apex deal goes through that’s a score got one of the old classics for 250 on here.. guy seems cool so I don’t foresee any problems

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
48 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Lol dont have one anymore.. last one we had was the wifes little Mercedes slk280.. it was fun . Convertable hard top😃.. baby came and we had to sell it.. funny thing was I talked her into selling it bc we needed a back seat.. bought a new Camaro SS lmao.. wasnt practical so I sold it to my pops after 2 years. Had a good time in that one too🤨

This is why I have no kids...little baby would be riding on the roof 😉

Just now, FISHnChix said:

Thanks buddy.. I don’t normally give a shit about a fish but this was one of my favorites.. I’ve managed to kill my two favorite fish. If the apex deal goes through that’s a score got one of the old classics for 250 on here.. guy seems cool so I don’t foresee any problems

That's awesome man, one day i'll be apex worthy lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

That's awesome man, one day i'll be apex worthy lol.

Oh I’m not worthy but damn this what I do for a living .. if my shit isn’t automated well it’s just embarrassing lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
23 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Oh I’m not worthy but damn this what I do for a living .. if my shit isn’t automated well it’s just embarrassing lol

I'm sitting in front of my empty 75 trying to figure out how to do the plumbing lol. I'm not good at building shit. That jaebo pump is a beast though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Well everything is going pretty good in the tank but decided hey let’s change some stuff up🙃... so I had this master plan with my kessil lights . I figured I would get a narrow version for the left side bc the rocks aren’t as high and a wide version for the right so I wouldn’t bleach stuff up on top .. in hindsight I wouldn’t do that again lol.. anyways I was playing with the par meter and light intensity and realized if I ever wanted my par to be high enough for sps on the right side the left side would have too much par for my  lps.  Soooooo I swapped the narrow version to the right side and the wide version to the left .. par levels are getting more where I want them.. probably ramp them up slowly over the next few months too.. 

 

before swap

8867C77F-E0BB-4BBC-9657-8F1BF7BD5D29.jpeg

After swap

7DCBF696-BFD1-4BB8-91B2-5C3A98ADA966.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

Your thinking to much :lol: you one of those guys who brings a cooler to put corals in to :unsure:

 

Hell I am not even sure I want to know the par levels in my tank :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Your thinking to much :lol: you one of those guys who brings a cooler to put corals in to :unsure:

 

Hell I am not even sure I want to know the par levels in my tank :lol:

Nan I got koosies for each coral bruh...😋.. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Well dam it's almost fathers day so well heres a video..  ill never forget the day I quit college and my pops got me into electrical.   Best move I ever made..  it wasnt always easy. shoot i remember driving home after my second week as a pup singing this tune with tears in my eyes.. kinda a turning point in my life....  cheers folks 🍻😎🤙

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
17 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Nan I got koosies for each coral bruh...😋.. 

:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Well dam it's almost fathers day so well heres a video..  ill never forget the day I quit college and my pops got me into electrical.   Best move I ever made..  it wasnt always easy. shoot i remember driving home after my second week as a pup singing this tune with tears in my eyes.. kinda a turning point in my life....  cheers folks 🍻😎🤙

 

 

My dad passed when I was 18........... but hey it was a good time while it lasted...........

 

Hearing that song brings back the time I was 14 or so.........drove moms 64 1/2 mustang home after it broke down............Dad said dont tell mom :lol:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix
1 minute ago, spectra said:

:rolleyes:

My dad passed when I was 18........... but hey it was a good time while it lasted...........

 

Hearing that song brings back the time I was 14 or so.........drove moms 64 1/2 mustang home after it broke down............Dad said dont tell mom :lol:

Well damn that's horrible,  but he must have done something right seems like your a good dad buddy. That has to come from somewhere 😊 funny the shit you remember.   When I was in 3rd grade my parents got divorced.. funny thing was the judge gave my pops custody on Sept 1st no matter what.  Yea that was opening day of dove hunting... was awesome always got to miss school for that.  That's where I learned to drive .. someone had to drive our butts home lol.. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
21 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Well damn that's horrible,  but he must have done something right seems like your a good dad buddy. That has to come from somewhere 😊 funny the shit you remember.   When I was in 3rd grade my parents got divorced.. funny thing was the judge gave my pops custody on Sept 1st no matter what.  Yea that was opening day of dove hunting... was awesome always got to miss school for that.  That's where I learned to drive .. someone had to drive our butts home lol.. 

 

Yeah I learned to drive from grandpa actually............it was an old Ford tractor..........well should say clutch............but yes many a dirt roads while fishing I was behind the wheel............

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

So got that used apex yesterday from a fellow nano reefer.  Came packed super well.. he even made an hell of an effort to save the ph probe. Shipped it with a damp cloth , balloon around the end, zipped locked at tape really well to keep air out..  didnt even ask for the extra effort, kinda figured I would have to buy a new one.. going to try and cal it and see if it's any good😊... kinda a pain to setup if you get a used one since I didnt know wtf i was doing lol.. got it down now.. fusion app is a great interface but going to take a minute to figure it out.. got it tested and working for a killswitch for my heaters so that's a plus.. now to figure how to use the rest of this stuff lol

20190622_164420.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
FISHnChix

Well Apex is installed... turned out clean.. I really love having this little shelf system to hide my wiring 😎... this unit isnt a new apex with wifi so I had to buy a wifi adapter from amazon.. should be here quick and then I can get it back on my network.. for now I programmed it with it plugged into my router, but unplugged it and installed it on the tank.. currently it's not doing anything but safeguarding my tank from over heating.. 😎

20190623_140645.jpg

20190623_140712.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...