Innovative Marine Aquariums

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

7 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I have an amazon knockoff. It shoots 4k and was like 90 bucks. I can't afford a 500 gopro. The knock off ones are great. I was messing with time lapse mode and forgot to turn off. I went fishing and got a baby turtle on it underwater swimming around, go to review the footage and my 30 sec video ended up being a sec. I was so pissed lol. 

If you happen to catch sea turtles under water that will be so awesome and you'll have to post those. I'm living vicariously through you 😏

My cousin was in the service and got stationed there and never left. He is guaranteeing me a run in with sea turtles.. he sounds pretty dam confident in this lmaooooo 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So after a wc everything is looking fluffy so I decided to take a quick video🤗

Noice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Noice!

Thanks!!! I feel like the tank is starting to settle in now that I'm around the 7th month in😎..

. oh and sorry bout the background music I always forget its recording sound too lmao(just realized this when I clicked the link😅).. luckily I wasnt talkin shit about old man @spectra or anything while I took the little video clip🤣

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Thanks!!! I feel like the tank is starting to settle in now that I'm around the 7th month in😎..

. oh and sorry bout the background music I always forget its recording sound too lmao(just realized this when I clicked the link😅).. luckily I wasnt talkin shit about old man @spectra or anything while I took the little video clip🤣

I was just trying to think what I could say about it.............you listening to Bob again............

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

I was just trying to think what I could say about it.............you listening to Bob again............

Haha no it's just mix on the alexa deal.. got one in the kitchen its always on.. good stuff from some folks down in SD area

y_fcXEr6.png

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mitten_reef said:

Tank is looking real nice man!

Thanks buddy.. what about about those shrooms in your new avatar!!!🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 2

Oh snap this is happening!! My favorite thing in a reef is a clown hosting a neme, but I'm afraid to get one.. I like my corals to stay put!! Lol.. shitty pic bc I had to zoom in so he wouldnt swim away.  Makes me think I need a bta...

20190528_172848.jpg

• Like 4

Little guy needs nem...  😅... still cant get a good photo he comes up to the glass to get fed when ever I get close 🤷‍♂️

20190530_172612.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So got back from vacation and the tank didnt crash!! Huge bonus.. actually the tank even stayed clean and ato reservoir only burned through half of the water . Not bad for being gone 7 days. Skimmer didnt do much when I was gone, could have been adjusted a little .. that's the one complaint i have about this curve 5 bubble magnus,  it has to be adjusted once a week.. I only payed 100 bucks for it though so I cant complain . Here is a early morning dirty tank photo.   😉

20190608_123452.jpg

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
39 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So got back from vacation and the tank didnt crash!! Huge bonus.. actually the tank even stayed clean and ato reservoir only burned through half of the water . Not bad for being gone 7 days. Skimmer didnt do much when I was gone, could have been adjusted a little .. that's the one complaint i have about this curve 5 bubble magnus,  it has to be adjusted once a week.. I only payed 100 bucks for it though so I cant complain . Here is a early morning dirty tank photo.   😉

20190608_123452.jpg

I'm glad the tank did well 👍 How was the flight?

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm glad the tank did well 👍 How was the flight?

Surprising It wasnt bad. I'm totally a little bitch when it comes to flying.. I hate it, but this flight was great. Helps when you leave maui airport though. Everyone is super nice and helpful. Way smaller than LAX🤣..

Just realized the tank had a couple hiccups.. I know my tank has been consuming more two part but didnt want to up the dosage right before trip. Alks been running at 9 and dropped to 8.1 over 7 days but I have almost all lps so life is good .

Oh and the damn fail safe for my heater took a shit too!! On inkbird controller the temperature readout had drifted about 4 degrees so caled it. No big deal right .. WRONG. It did it again and this time by 11 degrees so it thought the tank was way hot and killed power to the heaters.. luckly I have enough equipment to keep the water temp at about 73 degrees.. corals look better than ever though 🤣.

Guess it's time to upgrade to an apex. I just want something simple to control temp and monitor ph.  Oh and send notifications when either gets out of wack. 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Surprising It wasnt bad. I'm totally a little bitch when it comes to flying.. I hate it, but this flight was great. Helps when you leave maui airport though. Everyone is super nice and helpful. Way smaller than LAX🤣..

Just realized the tank had a couple hiccups.. I know my tank has been consuming more two part but didnt want to up the dosage right before trip. Alks been running at 9 and dropped to 8.1 over 7 days but I have almost all lps so life is good .

Oh and the damn fail safe for my heater took a shit too!! On inkbird controller the temperature readout had drifted about 4 degrees so caled it. No big deal right .. WRONG. It did it again and this time by 11 degrees so it thought the tank was way hot and killed power to the heaters.. luckly I have enough equipment to keep the water temp at about 73 degrees.. corals look better than ever though 🤣.

Guess it's time to upgrade to an apex. I just want something simple to control temp and monitor ph.  Oh and send notifications when either gets out of wack. 

Yup no flying for me. It was probably 10 years ago the last time I flew. My inkbird shit the bed not too long ago. It was off about the same, I wish I knew about the replaceable probe one, but whatever..when this one dies I'll grab that one instead. I was surprised that everything was fine for a couple days at 68 degrees. They went on like nothing happened.

Just think Monday you'll be back in the work grind 😏 I'll bet you're super excited lol.

19 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It was off about the same, I wish I knew about the replaceable probe one

Yea I doubt its the probe ..the probe most likely a thermocouple literally it's two different wires soldered together at one end.. hard for that to fail and when they do they dont go off they fail to max scale .. 

Yea not super excited to go back to work but all is good there. My guys kicked ass for me and I even talked my pops out of retirement for a week to cover for the difficult stuff!!! Best part is his old ass actually made it to work 4/5 days.😂HAHA. He kept up on my invoicing too, so I will have minimal paperwork to do come Monday.. LIFE IS GOOD🤙😎

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
16 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea I doubt its the probe ..the probe most likely a thermocouple literally it's two different wires soldered together at one end.. hard for that to fail and when they do they dont go off they fail to max scale .. 

Yea not super excited to go back to work but all is good there. My guys kicked ass for me and I even talked my pops out of retirement for a week to cover for the difficult stuff!!! Best part is his old ass actually made it to work 4/5 days.😂HAHA. He kept up on my invoicing too, so I will have minimal paperwork to do come Monday.. LIFE IS GOOD🤙😎

Well that was great of him to help out at least, good man 🙂. At least you won't walk into a shit show so that's a plus.

• Like 1

So I know I've posted this a bunch but finally got a good photo.. damn clown thinks this is his home now.. he wont leave it alone.. as cool as it is I hope he doesn't hurt the torch

LRM_EXPORT_152036216401730_20190608_162613662.jpeg

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So I know I've posted this a bunch but finally got a good photo.. damn clown thinks this is his home now.. he wont leave it alone.. as cool as it is I hope he doesn't hurt the torch

LRM_EXPORT_152036216401730_20190608_162613662.jpeg

Thats a good pic. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear :wink: its always nice to come home to a tank and not a stinky mess :lol: I ran a curve 5 for a while and well.....................it sucked...................have a nyos now and well it sucks....................want to go back to a skimmer with a pump that you can tweak...........had a skimmer that rocked anbd then the pump took a shit and couldnt find a good one to match it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

7 minutes ago, spectra said:

a nyos now and well it sucks.......

No shit?? Those are gosh damn pricey too. That was going to be the dream skimmer.. so I've been into the salty side for 15 plus years and just got back into the reefing side .. I've never had a good skimmer. Lol.. this one works awesome but I have to adjust it weekly .. so maybe not so awesome haha

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

No shit?? Those are gosh damn pricey too. That was going to be the dream skimmer.. so I've been into the salty side for 15 plus years and just got back into the reefing side .. I've never had a good skimmer. Lol.. this one works awesome but I have to adjust it weekly .. so maybe not so awesome haha

I was not impressed with the Nyose shit.................

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Hot as f*ck and raining. 😄

I bet lol. It's still 77 here and it's 1130...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1