Cultivated Reef

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

So @WV Reefer now that i have this tang I finally bought that seaweed holder like you have.. holds the nori way better than a clip , but now it's just a snail feeder.. I have these turbos and they will put away some nori with the quickness 😡

Nori is over rated.............my fish just laugh at it and wait for the LRS to hit the tank..............

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So my tang was doing great then over night died.. kinda weird he had like a small gash in his side.. I figured he cut it on the rocks scratching.  Anyway now i know it's something different bc one of my other fish has it now😪.. any ideas on what it is and how to treat?

Oh and another thing why is humblefish articles on this hard to find.. I cant ever find it when I need it😡..

Screenshot_20191103-155722_Gallery.jpg

• Sad 6
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

So my tang was doing great then over night died.. kinda weird he had like a small gash in his side.. I figured he cut it on the rocks scratching.  Anyway now i know it's something different bc one of my other fish has it now😪.. any ideas on what it is and how to treat?

Oh and another thing why is humblefish articles on this hard to find.. I cant ever find it when I need it😡..

He has spots or gashes? The last time I had this problem it was because the heater wasn’t actually working. Have you used a second thermometer to check your DT tank temp?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

He has spots or gashes? The last time I had this problem it was because the heater wasn’t actually working. Have you used a second thermometer to check your DT tank temp?

No its gashes. I'm sure it's some sort of parasite... 

Yea I have a thermometer and another one hooked to an apex . Temp has been good🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

That's sucks!

I thinking dealt with a bunch of reef shit, but not that.  Ask Wabbit. 

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

@StinkyBunny any idea what is killing my fish. Added a tang that got what looked like ich and it was on the rebound showing no white spots, then died over night with a gash in its side. Now one of my other fish has the same thing..😫

20 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Crabs? Or shrimps?

Red legged hermits and a cleaner shrimp.. thing is everyone has bee. Great in my tank. Add the tang then ich and this. Seems more than a coincidence but I've been wrong before hahah

• Like 3
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Well if the tang had not died, I would have said he stabbed the gramma. Urenoma perhaps? 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Well if the tang had not died, I would have said he stabbed the gramma. Urenoma perhaps? 

Yea the tang had the same gash.. in will check that out and report back. thanks for the input!!!

Id say don’t ask me S$&@ because I got home to find out my karma is on the same level as dog poop that’s stuck to your shoe. I may spread the curse by accident. 

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Do you dip your corals before adding them? Maybe you have a bad crab?

It's about 50/50 if I dip.. I havent goten any new coral in shoot 6 months or so.. I will keep an eye out for crabs ...

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

It's about 50/50 if I dip.. I havent goten any new coral in shoot 6 months or so.. I will keep an eye out for crabs ...

I'm fairly certain my bad crab hiked over on the black sun coral I got from Live Aquaria. I spied him on that piece one night in May though he was soquick I wasn't 100% sure what I saw. 6 months later is when I found the molt and realized he could be a baddie. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So not much to update.  Lost my royal gramma so that sucks. Only have a little fire fish and banngi cardnial now😪..  

Damn tank has been frustrating lately... losing a favia now too 🤬...    really have to do some thinking before I drop any more cash into this tank.. maybe time to pull the plug🤦‍♂️

Screenshot_20191122-163509_Lightroom.jpg

• Sad 5
  • Wow 1
8 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So not much to update.  Lost my royal gramma so that sucks. Only have a little fire fish and banngi cardnial now😪..  

Damn tank has been frustrating lately... losing a favia now too 🤬...    really have to do some thinking before I drop any more cash into this tank.. maybe time to pull the plug🤦‍♂️

Hey its called owning an aquarium............happens to everyone.................

hell dont even want to know how much I have lost over the years................:lol: lets just say could have probably bought a truck load of shitty beer................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, spectra said:

Hey its called owning an aquarium............happens to everyone.................

hell dont even want to know how much I have lost over the years................:lol: lets just say could have probably bought a truck load of shitty beer................

Lmao right. Yea I didnt mind that much at first but the price of corals is just nuts now.. I was looking to replace just a shitty little torch I lost and they are selling them for like 100 bucks when I payed 30 two years ago.. I know torches are all of sudden trendy but it's really across the board.. a damn normal mushroom is like 40 bucks. Hell back when I started in highschool you could get a rock of shrooms for 20..  future of this hobby is looking bleak..... plus I need to get back to wrenching on the truck too.. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Lmao right. Yea I didnt mind that much at first but the price of corals is just nuts now.. I was looking to replace just a shitty little torch I lost and they are selling them for like 100 bucks when I payed 30 two years ago.. I know torches are all of sudden trendy but it's really across the board.. a damn normal mushroom is like 40 bucks. Hell back when I started in highschool you could get a rock of shrooms for 20..  future of this hobby is looking bleak..... plus I need to get back to wrenching on the truck too.. 

You need to find a local reefer to work with..................

and F the truck get that camaro going.....................

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

You need to find a local reefer to work with..................

and F the truck get that camaro going.....................

Damn the Camaro has been moved to the shop. I almost dont want to touch it since is all original and being a 1 owner z28 it has that dz motor. If I fix that up and drive it like I want and some how destroy it I would lose sooo much value.. I'm torn on what to do with it... the truck on the other hand I can run the shit out of.. just have to finish the last few things. Yea since I got it from the paint shop what a year ago I havent touched it🤣

• Sad 1
37 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

But look how much else you still have in that tank! Don't give up just because of one coral.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

But look how much else you still have in that tank! Don't give up just because of one coral.

Thanks . But it's been more than one coral chicka... lost my two torches after my bastard ass clownfish hosted them to death(my favs). I did return the evil clown to the lfs though 😁 plus a few more entrusting corals .. cant keep those suckers alive 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
Just now, FISHnChix said:

Thanks . But it's been more than one coral chicka... lost my two torches after my bastard ass clownfish hosted them to death(my favs). I did return the evil clown to the lfs though 😁 plus a few more entrusting corals .. cant keep those suckers alive 🤷‍♂️

I feel you. We still have affordable $30 torches here and $30-50 elegances. For now. But I knocked back a bunch of stuff when I changed lights, and I have three torches that still haven't recovered. It is super frustrating.

• Like 1