Pod Your Reef

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

20 minutes ago, Weikel said:

U know I love those little clear cup/shelf deals on your doors. I have no idea what you would call them so I can’t find anything like them haha. Do you happen to remember where you got them? If you don’t mind me asking how did you attach them too?

Amazon!!

Command Clear Caddy Medium..... Held on with the included sticky tape.  They have multiple sizes. 

I also use them in my kitchen cabinets to hold all the small kitchen doo dads. 

🙂

• Thanks 1

So got the scape mostly done and secured . Thanks @Clown79 for the reef welder suggestion ! That stuff was super awesome. Easy to work with.. and now my rocks are not going anywhere!

Here is a couple pics of the scape.. looks better in person I swear Haha.  Hard to show the different depths to the rocks in a photo.

Hoping to get this thing wet next weekend!! Just have to go get me a bigger brute can and start making water

20180826_104136.jpg

20180826_104129.jpg

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, Weikel said:

So got the scape mostly done and secured . Thanks @Clown79 for the reef welder suggestion ! That stuff was super awesome. Easy to work with.. and now my rocks are not going anywhere!

Here is a couple pics of the scape.. looks better in person I swear Haha.  Hard to show the different depths to the rocks in a photo.

Hoping to get this thing wet next weekend!! Just have to go get me a bigger brute can and start making water

20180826_104136.jpg

20180826_104129.jpg

You're very welcome.

I loved working with it too especially since you can just reuse the epoxy if you mess up. 

Love the aquascape. It looks great!

• Thanks 1

Well sump area is finally going together the way I wanted and that got me thinking about flow. 

My return pump is oversized but controllable it's about 1050 gph and the rsr250 calls for 700ish. When I was doing a leak test I could only it the drain to quiet down once my pump got to about what I calculated as rsr250 recommended flow. So I might not be able to add the flow i wanted that way.

I also have a mp40 that plan on running about 3/4 of the way up to the top of the tank on the right side on a pulse mode. I am also planning on running a mp10 on the bottom right side close to the sand bed on a constant setting to eliminate dead spots. Any one with rsr experience think that's a good idea or have other recommendations?  What ya think @HarryPotter

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Weikel said:

Well sump area is finally going together the way I wanted and that got me thinking about flow. 

My return pump is oversized but controllable it's about 1050 gph and the rsr250 calls for 700ish. When I was doing a leak test I could only it the drain to quiet down once my pump got to about what I calculated as rsr250 recommended flow. So I might not be able to add the flow i wanted that way.

I also have a mp40 that plan on running about 3/4 of the way up to the top of the tank on the right side on a pulse mode. I am also planning on running a mp10 on the bottom right side close to the sand bed on a constant setting to eliminate dead spots. Any one with rsr experience think that's a good idea or have other recommendations?  What ya think @HarryPotter

I think powerhead placement depends on your rock placement as much as the tank itself. I wasn’t happy with the “hold” of MP10s on rsr350 glass thickness, I use a MP40QD on the right side closer to the front of the tank, and then a jecod gyre 150 aiming two directions, and then two PP4s behind rocks to kill off the remaining dead spot. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Tank looks great. Try to raise the lights once you put water in the tank. 

Hmmm really? I was thinking the par would be better closer to the water.. how many inches above the water line would you reccomend running the leds???

So sump area is finally done. Just have to run tubing to the suction side of the doser..

Loving it😋.. can adjust flow for 2 vortechs, return pump , and doser super easy. All the cords are hidden too.  Now I just have to get a better ato. It has to go on the side of the tank so I had to get a white one made to match. Here is what it looks like half waway built .

Super stoked !! Cant wait to get this wet.. well happy Friday peeps ! Time to drink some brewskis 

20180831_163048.jpg

20180831_163055.jpg

20180828_083650.jpg

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Weikel said:

So sump area is finally done. Just have to run tubing to the suction side of the doser..

Loving it😋.. can adjust flow for 2 vortechs, return pump , and doser super easy. All the cords are hidden too.  Now I just have to get a better ato. It has to go on the side of the tank so I had to get a white one made to match. Here is what it looks like half waway built .

Super stoked !! Cant wait to get this wet.. well happy Friday peeps ! Time to drink some brewskis 

20180831_163048.jpg

20180831_163055.jpg

20180828_083650.jpg

Oooh, looks nice! 😃

2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Oooh, looks nice! 😃

Thanks!! I am pretty happy with it. Kinda bummed I didn't have enough room for the ato container under the stand but in the lone run I will appreciate the larger water volume I am getting

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Weikel said:

20180831_163055.jpg

Looks like the same dosing container I have.  Have had issues with air seeping in where the straws meet the little bulkheads and had to glue the acrylic tubes to the bulkhead to fix it.  Seems to be working fine now, but before I was getting as much air as liquid.  

Oh yeah, scape looks great.  Thinking Dave is just worried your lights may pick up moisture being so close to the water.  

13 minutes ago, specore said:

Looks like the same dosing container I have.  Have had issues with air seeping in where the straws meet the little bulkheads and had to glue the acrylic tubes to the bulkhead to fix it.  Seems to be working fine now, but before I was getting as much air as liquid.  

Oh yeah, scape looks great.  Thinking Dave is just worried your lights may pick up moisture being so close to the water.  

Yea I have no problems with the dosing container yet on my biocube.  Dave is the man so helpful with led stuff even when it's not his. Value his input😎  

Thanks for the input and thanks

9 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Not done yet! Change the stock ATO container into a refugium. 

Ha ya that ato is a goner .. the new sump has a pretty big spot for a fuge. I was planning on bringing it online if needed. In my cube my nutrients are so low I had remove the cheato.. I'm not into growing sticks yet but I feel I will get into sps and when I do I will increase feeding then I might need some macro..

2 hours ago, Weikel said:

20180831_163048.jpg

20180831_163055.jpg

20180828_083650.jpg

Super clean sump!!! Makes mine look like shet! 

16 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

Super clean sump!!! Makes mine look like shet! 

Thanks.  But if I cant keep shit alive well then it's all for not. Your experience dwarfs mine lol

Whoop Whoop!! Shes wet finally!!! And I also filled up my tank.😚. So the obligatory cloudy water picture to follow.

Never done dry rock before, But I bought some bio spira and dr Tim's ammonia.  When should I add that stuff? Right now? Add bacteria then wait awhile to had nh3 or both at once???

20180903_115253.jpg

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Weikel said:

Whoop Whoop!! Shes wet finally!!! And I also filled up my tank.😚. So the obligatory cloudy water picture to follow.

Never done dry rock before, But I bought some bio spira and dr Tim's ammonia.  When should I add that stuff? Right now? Add bacteria then wait awhile to had nh3 or both at once???

20180903_115253.jpg

Yay!!!!! 😁

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Weikel said:

20180903_115253.jpg

Just dump it all in #### it!

34 minutes ago, patback said:

Cant wait to see some coral in here!  I love a clean build. 

Thanks!!! I am pretty jazzed up ready to throw in some coral and fish right now lol.. it was pretty easy taking my time while building it but now that waters in there I can’t wait...  I guess in the mean time I have some new toys to mess with. Love the controllability of the wave makers and pump and the lighting controller ..

• Like 1

@HarryPotter Is your mp40 a quit drive? Either way how loud is it? I bought a used one that was upgraded to a quiet drive . I have it on a pulse mode at about 50 percent and when the room is quiet I can hear it from 40 feet away. Driving me nuts!!!! I have a non quiet drive mp10 that makes way less noise at 75 percent...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Weikel said:

@HarryPotter Is your mp40 a quit drive? Either way how loud is it? I bought a used one that was upgraded to a quiet drive . I have it on a pulse mode at about 50 percent and when the room is quiet I can hear it from 40 feet away. Driving me nuts!!!! I have a non quiet drive mp10 that makes way less noise at 75 percent...

Mine is QD, and pretty much silent under 70%. I can hear it slightly when it is ramping 0-70 over and over, but otherwise not at all. Sounds defective, maybe? Is it vibrating a lot? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Try adjusting the position a bit.  It should be almost silent.  

• Thanks 1