Top Shelf Aquatics

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

FISHnChix

So I thought I was done with fish I now have a clown, melnarus wrasse, flamehawk,  banngi cardinal,  and royal gramma... after looking at the tank I think I need one more fish that is actively swiming around.. any ideas???🤔   maybe something yellow... oh and for now I'm staying topless 

FISHnChix

Happy Sunday folks😎... so finally got a pic of the two new comers to the tank.... little clown and royal gramma... the gramma has been hiding seen I put him in .. finally came out after feeding time ...

In other news got my par meter and yea the par levels in my tank are super low.. I just did a real quick test holding the sensor with my hand(got to make a wand for it) and yea I'm averaging about 100 par where my corals are now.. been running the kessil at 30 color and 50 intensity.. I decided to bump it up to 55 intensity for a couple weeks then probably keep bumping it up until I get about 230ish on the top of my rocks on the right side of the tank... makes me think I might need one more kessil360 🤔...

Cheers folks🍻

LRM_EXPORT_381432170585928_20190505_154756945.jpeg

20190505_154234.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_381344383938305_20190505_154629159.jpeg

• Like 4
On 5/3/2019 at 4:11 PM, FISHnChix said:

Nothin too crazy .. you seen this meter?? I got the sensor and I can hook it up to my meter.. read the mv signal and x5 of that will be my par.. the sensor was 180 shipped, so I figure save a few bones and do it this way.. shit my meters are more sensitive/accurate then what's in this handheld they sell anyways..

Screenshot_20190503-160839_Chrome.jpg

Yes thats what I use have a few friends with them,......

You just need some real lights :lol: the LEDs are great but nothing grows corals like a MH..........,go big or go home :tongueout:

Love my T 5s.......... just saying...........

Oh and tank still looks like crap :wink:

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
FISHnChix
16 minutes ago, spectra said:

You just need some real lights :lol: the LEDs are great but nothing grows corals like a MH..........,go big or go home :tongueout:

Love my T 5s.......... just saying...........

Oh and tank still looks like crap :wink:

Lol yea I want t5 but doesnt look as sexy hanging over the tank, plus I like being able to swing the kessils out of the way during the wc..😎

• Like 1
FISHnChix

So I noticed that the temperature on my tank has been running warm .. highest I've seen it on my inkbird temp controller was 81.. that's where it shuts off the heaters... I figured tank was just getting warm bc its warming up here.. today when I left for work I just unplugged the heaters to see if they where messing up.. (after I bought the cobalt heaters I read some bad reviews😥) when I got home I plugged back in the heaters and the inkbird was reading 78.. son of bitch I was mad that my fancy heaters were messing up already..  when I looked at the heaters the lights were blinking saying it was 73 in my tank and heating up to 78... so as I was walking away sulking I thought hey dummy what if the inkbird thermocouple is reading wrong and saying the tempature is higher than it really is.....stuck a thermometer in there and sure enough the damn inkbird was displaying a higher value than it should 😡... pretty annoying but there is a way to calibrate the inkbird at least...

• Like 1

Got some time to take some quick base line par values on my tank.. par isn’t very impressive.. right now I’m running the kessils at 55 intensity and 35 color... when I get some time tomorrow I’m going to ramp these guys up and see what I get. Maybe for for the hell if it I might test my nanobox duo on my biocube just to see the difference...

ACA9AC5B-43D9-4856-A324-ED145C928DCF.jpeg

• Like 2

Man what gives?? My scan colony has been pissed for over a week now.. other acans and corals look ok.. kinda weird🤷‍♂️

15577949263852307746363491519082.jpg

• Like 1

Corals are so weird.. that acan was shriveled up for over a week , so much so I could see its Skelton in places,  but now it's back and fluffy as ever 🤨

20190515_163917.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well never had a gorg before but someone was selling this little guy for 18 bucks shipped so I figured why not.. kinda cool though

LRM_EXPORT_106373477299299_20190525_145441431.jpeg

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
21 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Well never had a gorg before but someone was selling this little guy for 18 bucks shipped so I figured why not.. kinda cool though

LRM_EXPORT_106373477299299_20190525_145441431.jpeg

Is that photosynthetic one?? It's really cool looking 👍

18 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Is that photosynthetic one?? It's really cool looking 👍

Supposed to be, but I really have no idea lol

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, FISHnChix said:

Supposed to be, but I really have no idea lol

well its badass anyway. tank is looking really good though.

1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

well its badass anyway. tank is looking really good though.

Thanks buddy!!! Its coming along... have a trip to maui coming up next week but after that I'm going to order some more coral!!!

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Thanks buddy!!! Its coming along... have a trip to maui coming up next week but after that I'm going to order some more coral!!!

Oh yeah have fun!! You going for a week?

1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Oh yeah have fun!! You going for a week?

Not a whole week.. kinda long for me.. flying there on a Sunday and flying home on Friday.. the saturday before and after I'm staying down in la so I dont have to drive.. there is some nice beaches in socal too.. my pops was raised in Redondo beach so growing up we spent a lot of time in the hermosa beach/Redondo area. Havent been there in awhile so going to hang out there before and after Maui 😎

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
16 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Not a whole week.. kinda long for me.. flying there on a Sunday and flying home on Friday.. the saturday before and after I'm staying down in la so I dont have to drive.. there is some nice beaches in socal too.. my pops was raised in Redondo beach so growing up we spent a lot of time in the hermosa beach/Redondo area. Havent been there in awhile so going to hang out there before and after Maui 😎

That's awesome, have fun! One day i'll get to go somewhere like that 😄

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

That's awesome, have fun! One day i'll get to go somewhere like that 😄

Honestly I'd rather chill at home for a week, but the wife and kid caught me when I was drinking.. yep I promised them a trip 🤦‍♂️...I am not a fan of flying either.. especially once I started working on turbines 🤣... mostly I hate feeling trapped in a small area for 5 plus hours.. lol. Shit will turn me into a bitch real quick😎🤙

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Honestly I'd rather chill at home for a week, but the wife and kid caught me when I was drinking.. yep I promised them a trip 🤦‍♂️...I am not a fan of flying either.. especially once I started working on turbines 🤣... mostly I hate feeling trapped in a small area for 5 plus hours.. lol. Shit will turn me into a bitch real quick😎🤙

Yeah I drive everywhere... I used to like flying when i was little, but as i've grown and realized people are shit heads, I've decided that my ass should just stay on the ground. 😂

See drinking always gets you in trouble 😉

Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

See drinking always gets you in trouble

Truth 

I am excited to do some warm water diving though.. been a long time since I went diving.. like 8 plus years.. last time I had a run in with some kelp... if I didnt have my dive knife I would have been ####ed...put it this way, it was a close enough call where I sold all my gear...😐

• Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Truth 

I am excited to do some warm water diving though.. been a long time since I went diving.. like 8 plus years.. last time I had a run in with some kelp... if I didnt have my dive knife I would have been ####ed...put it this way, it was a close enough call where I sold all my gear...😐

I would love to go diving again. We did it in Bermuda on our honeymoon. It was so awesome and i've wanted to do it again. Do you have a gopro? If you do and you go make sure you take some videos, I'd love to see them. I wish I had a gopro back then. I saw all kinds of cool shit and got some nice pics with one of those throw away disposable cameras. I can't find the pics anywhere now lol. 

16 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I would love to go diving again. We did it in Bermuda on our honeymoon. It was so awesome and i've wanted to do it again. Do you have a gopro? If you do and you go make sure you take some videos, I'd love to see them. I wish I had a gopro back then. I saw all kinds of cool shit and got some nice pics with one of those throw away disposable cameras. I can't find the pics anywhere now lol. 

Funny you mention that.. I see ya posting about a gopro all the time.. I was wanting to get one but man this trip is costing me tons $$$$$$... i did get my daughter a knock off one that goes under water.. tried it today in the pool actually worked great!! Going to try and get some good shots!! My favorite fish is native to Hawaii (huma huma trigger) hoping to get some videos.. and man i cant wait to see some sea turtles in the wild!!!

20190525_180121.jpg

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Funny you mention that.. I see ya posting about a gopro all the time.. I was wanting to get one but man this trip is costing me tons $$$$$$... i did get my daughter a knock off one that goes under water.. tried it today in the pool actually worked great!! Going to try and get some good shots!! My favorite fish is native to Hawaii (huma huma trigger) hoping to get some videos.. and man i cant wait to see some sea turtles in the wild!!!

I have an amazon knockoff. It shoots 4k and was like 90 bucks. I can't afford a 500 gopro. The knock off ones are great. I was messing with time lapse mode and forgot to turn off. I went fishing and got a baby turtle on it underwater swimming around, go to review the footage and my 30 sec video ended up being a sec. I was so pissed lol. 

If you happen to catch sea turtles under water that will be so awesome and you'll have to post those. I'm living vicariously through you 😏

• Haha 1