SaltCritters.com

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
16 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Well got some new food and tang still wont come out of his cave and eat..  tried mysis yesterday and no go. Tried this blue pack today soaked in garlic guard for 10 mins and nope.. got a piece of nori clipped in front of his cave and no bites yet.. going to try that brine shrimp next.. dunno what to do.. if he wont eat he is not going to make it

15716991995725477597367469203727.jpg

15716992330673669082907625478399.jpg

Ooo try some LRS. It worked for me with a fish that wouldn't eat. Took 2 days. It's expensive, but everything wants to eat it.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea I have a tank ready to go but no way to get him out of the rocks.. food womt get him into a trap or on a hook.. 

Weird thing is I can shine a flashlight on him and the white spots are not there from what I can see.. odd....

That is weird. Maybe he's just fighting it??

2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ooo try some LRS. It worked for me with a fish that wouldn't eat. Took 2 days. It's expensive, but everything wants to eat it.

Damnit I was trying to think of that all  day. I should have asked you.. I didnt see it at the lfs though... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Where did you get that stuff??

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Damnit I was trying to think of that all  day. I should have asked you.. I didnt see it at the lfs though... 

It's really good stuff, they even have a herbivore mix. Sucks you got all that food and he still won't eat. 😟

Just now, FISHnChix said:

Where did you get that stuff??

I got it from my lfs. They actually have a big section of all frozen foods.

1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

This is what the clownfish and corals eat.

IMG_20191021_193613.jpg

Hmmm. They did have some of that rods food that looks like that🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, FISHnChix said:

Ohh I've heard that stuff is good too.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea I have a tank ready to go but no way to get him out of the rocks.. food womt get him into a trap or on a hook.. 

Weird thing is I can shine a flashlight on him and the white spots are not there from what I can see.. odd....

You sure he’s not cold stressed? I’m almost positive that’s happened twice now to me- my SCA fish when I QTd them for six weeks- soon as they transferred to the new tank which was warmer the spots disappeared. Same with the Evo fish a month back. First time I know I used water in a change that I hadn’t heated long enough and second time the controller wasn’t working the heater. Stinky told me to get the water to 80 and they all

got better 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

You sure he’s not cold stressed? I’m almost positive that’s happened twice now to me- my SCA fish when I QTd them for six weeks- soon as they transferred to the new tank which was warmer the spots disappeared. Same with the Evo fish a month back. First time I know I used water in a change that I hadn’t heated long enough and second time the controller wasn’t working the heater. Stinky told me to get the water to 80 and they all

got better 🤷🏻‍♀️

Doubt it....

Screenshot_20191021-165037_Apex Fusion.jpg

2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Doubt it....

Screenshot_20191021-165037_Apex Fusion.jpg

Well I dunno. I bet the spots are there then and it’s just hard to see. Poor fish. Can you jet him in the butt with a turkey baster? Maybe he’ll be nettable if you scare him out that way.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Do that.  I had LRS and it seemed like mostly clam...sorta-tough and mostly-larger pieces.  I like the original Rod's better I think.  Used Rod's quite a bit.  (Either would be good to try though!)

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Any way to catch him when the lights are off ? I know mine hang out in the rocks at night but may be able to grab them............

26 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

15 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

I feed LRS about a quarter size chunk and also a cube of mysis and a cube of brine............ the tangs love the brine for some reason..............everyone eats the LRS but in the past loved the Rods food..............can not find it at my local stores so LRS it is...........just ordered some PE Mysis dry food as would like to put a feeder over the tank during the day...........

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, spectra said:

Any way to catch him when the lights are off ? I know mine hang out in the rocks at night but may be able to grab them............

I feed LRS about a quarter size chunk and also a cube of mysis and a cube of brine............ the tangs love the brine for some reason..............everyone eats the LRS but in the past loved the Rods food..............can not find it at my local stores so LRS it is...........just ordered some PE Mysis dry food as would like to put a feeder over the tank during the day...........

I just break off a tiny bit and let my asshole clown eat it out of my hand. This way I can control how much food gets into the tank.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mcarroll said:

That's already pretty moderate on temp., but if you can go a little lower without effort, might be worth a try.

Well dropped it a few ill see who gets pissed in the tank now :lol:

2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I just break off a tiny bit and let my asshole clown eat it out of my hand. This way I can control how much food gets into the tank.

Yeah when I feed its a snowstorm in the tank :lol: and I wonder why I scrape the glass every 2 days................

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
15 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well dropped it a few ill see who gets pissed in the tank now :lol:

Yeah when I feed its a snowstorm in the tank :lol: and I wonder why I scrape the glass every 2 days................

I have algae issues already 🤣 imagine me feeding heavy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

UPDATE!!! so silly tang would not eat. Gave him so many options so I was considering him a goner.. he hides all day. Last night he came out for like 20 mins and swam around and had lighter white spots and fewer too..  figured I would try to feed at night to see what happens.  He came out 10 mins ago and was picking at the rocks so I threw some food in again. Hes eating!!! Good sign .. maybe there is a chance. 

For this uv wondering if i should throw it in??

20191022_163023.jpg

20191022_163016.jpg

• Like 4

If the flow is right so the UV dose is right it will "work" for killing parasite swarmers but it's tiny for that size of tank, so still "under powered". 

I take it back, the fish suggests that you would have a much larger four foot tank, or six foot tank at least double the size of your current tank.

That UV unit could be about right on a little 40 Gallon tank.

(I don't know what your plans are, but I wouldn't plan on keeping him in there long-term. 👍)

• Thanks 1

Well tang seems to be doing better.  He is actually swiming around all day and picking off the rocks..  been eating frozen food a couple times a day now too so that's good. Got a uv up and running so maybe he will pull through. On another good  note I havent seen any signs of ich on the other fish, so hopfully they will be strong enough to fight back the ich.. 

Actually caught a pic of the tang on the web cam just now.. cant see much bc the lights are off and the glare from the window is horrible🤣.. but hey at least I can see him swiming around😎

Screenshot_20191024-094124_Gallery.jpg

• Like 7
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
12 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Well tang seems to be doing better.  He is actually swiming around all day and picking off the rocks..  been eating frozen food a couple times a day now too so that's good. Got a uv up and running so maybe he will pull through. On another good  note I havent seen any signs of ich on the other fish, so hopfully they will be strong enough to fight back the ich.. 

Actually caught a pic of the tang on the web cam just now.. cant see much bc the lights are off and the glare from the window is horrible🤣.. but hey at least I can see him swiming around😎

Screenshot_20191024-094124_Gallery.jpg

Hope he pulls through for you. Loosing fish sucks :sad:

• Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Hope he pulls through for you. Loosing fish sucks :sad:

Thanks buddy. Yea losing livestock always sucks.. I swear sometimes reefing just feels like a series of small fires that you are constantly putting out..😐

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
8 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Thanks buddy. Yea losing livestock always sucks.. I swear sometimes reefing just feels like a series of small fires that you are constantly putting out..😐

I have heard reef keeping is just delaying the eventual tank crash.. something like that :happy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I have heard reef keeping is just delaying the eventual tank crash.. something like that :happy:

I think there is a lot of truth to that..

• Like 1