Innovative Marine Aquariums

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

Well shoot not too much to update the lfs hasnt had anything worth a crap for a little bit.. kinda cool though since I stabilized my doser I have seen some good growth on all my corals, but I am excited about this little guy. I tried 2 other sps and they died but this thing that I bought for 10 bucks is growing!! The little nub on top wasnt there when I bought it a couple months ago.😁  not much growth but makes me excited lol.. happy Friday reefers!!!

LRM_EXPORT_183420722891938_20190329_170222252.jpeg

• Like 2

Well just did my last wc on my biocube.. kinda sad I loved this tank but now that I have my reefer and have the last fish in my biocube for quatrenine there is no need for it... so in a few weeks ,time to take her down😥... but on a bright note I found a stupid royal gramma..  they are super common but for some reason none of the lfs had one for that last few months.. oh got a new coral too..

20190406_163124.jpg

20190405_155623.jpg

• Like 1

So I thought I was bad at taking photos of the tank .. then I tried a video lol well any ways here is a little video of my tank...🤗.. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So I thought I was bad at taking photos of the tank .. then I tried a video lol well any ways here is a little video of my tank...🤗.. 

Looks good in there!! 😃

3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks good in there!! 😃

Thanks!!! Man what a pain learning how to post to YouTube on a phone lol... got it figured out and managed a wc on this tank today too.. oh and got to put a coat of linn seed oil on our planter boxes today. Feeling pretty accomplished today 🤣... looks bare now bc as the wife says now  her "frags "(succulents)are pulled out of the way while the wood soaks up the oil..

20190407_161021.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Just now, FISHnChix said:

Thanks!!! Man what a pain learning how to post to YouTube on a phone lol... got it figured out and managed a wc on this tank today too.. oh and got to put a coat of linn seed oil on our planter boxes today. Feeling pretty accomplished today 🤣... looks bare now bc as the wife says now  her "frags "(succulents)are pulled out of the way while the wood soaks up the oil..

20190407_161021.jpg

You gotta learn a few new skills once in awhile to exercise them brain cells! 😀 

planters look good. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Was that a sneeze :unsure:

2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Sneeze?? I mean it is allergie season🤷‍♂️😋

I thought it sounded more like a “corner of the counter top into a butt cheek” type situation. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I thought it sounded more like a “corner of the counter top into a butt cheek” type situation. 

Haha I thought old man river was messin with me saying "what a snooze fest " I'm guessing your referring to the noise at the end of the video??? I was backing up and almost ate shit over the dog bowl lmao.. now that would have been a good video😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, FISHnChix said:

Haha I thought old man river was messin with me saying "what a snooze fest " I'm guessing your referring to the noise at the end of the video??? I was backing up and almost ate shit over the dog bowl lmao.. now that would have been a good video😅

😂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

You need to add music to the video..............no wants to hear back ground noise...........even the old man knows that :tongueout:

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

You need to add music to the video..............no wants to hear back ground noise...........even the old man knows that :tongueout:

Lmao I didnt realize it until I posted the video but I did have my sweet reggae tones in the background...😘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well made it back after 4 days away and well shoot tank didnt crash so that's a bonus!!!

Got home and did some testing since it's been awhile.. any one else feel like a mad scientist while testing water??🤣

So all my params were where I like them (had to dose mag up from 1290 to 1330) except for my phosphate.  Always reading zero. I really want to bump that up a little and see how the corals respond but not sure how. Maybe increase feeding a little?? I feed half cube of mysis every third day and pellets every day.. oh and about a half teaspoon of reef roids every couple days...

20190422_143912.jpg

• Like 3

How many fish in there?

I feed a cube of mysis and a chunk of LRS every day..........plus pellets if I am feeling nice since there a bunch of pigs in my tank........I have 10 fish I think.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, spectra said:

How many fish in there?

I feed a cube of mysis and a chunk of LRS every day..........plus pellets if I am feeling nice since there a bunch of pigs in my tank........I have 10 fish I think.

It's a 55 gallon display but at the moment I only have 3 fish. Banngi cardinal,  melnarus wrasse, and flame hawkfish. Bout to transfer a small clownfish and royal gramma..

• Like 1

So this week I learned an invaluable lesson.. it's a good idea to check out your reef when the lights are off( I'm usually not home when the lights are off , or I'm asleep).. in doing so I realized something was going on with my corrline alagae.  Looks like its bleaching or getting eaten... with the help of fellow nano reefers I think it's those little white starfish that's eating it up... so I went to town plucking those little guys out. Probably pulled 20 or so.. 😃.. going to post up some photos so I can see if the corrline will bounce back.

Oh and I had my flame hawk jumped out yesterday 😪.. but on the bright side my wife found him on the ground still alive and saved him.. funny story wife calls me and says "your fish is on the ground!!! What do I do!!!!".. I respond well pick it up and throw it back in knuckle head 🤦‍♂️.. she did later explain she didnt know if touching it with her hands would hurt it and she didnt know if I wanted it to go in the QT or back in the reefer...

20190428_093212.jpg

20190428_093217.jpg

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So this week I learned an invaluable lesson.. it's a good idea to check out your reef when the lights are off( I'm usually not home when the lights are off , or I'm asleep).. in doing so I realized something was going on with my corrline alagae.  Looks like its bleaching or getting eaten... with the help of fellow nano reefers I think it's those little white starfish that's eating it up... so I went to town plucking those little guys out. Probably pulled 20 or so.. 😃.. going to post up some photos so I can see if the corrline will bounce back.

Oh and I had my flame hawk jumped out yesterday 😪.. but on the bright side my wife found him on the ground still alive and saved him.. funny story wife calls me and says "your fish is on the ground!!! What do I do!!!!".. I respond well pick it up and throw it back in knuckle head 🤦‍♂️.. she did later explain she didnt know if touching it with her hands would hurt it and she didnt know if I wanted it to go in the QT or back in the reefer...

20190428_093212.jpg

20190428_093217.jpg

Good save by the wife!! 😄

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

I always warn the princess of things. But im sure a spatula would have been used 

Yea kinda surprised she grabbed it lol.. I'm just glad the dogs didnt eat it😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
FISHnChix
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks great. 😊

Hey thanks for the comment and always smashing the like button.. I mean the thread has decent views so i think people are looking at it but no interaction lol.. i mean if you check out the thread hit the like button or tell me I'm a lame ass or something so at least I'm know I'm not talking to myself hahahah🤙🍻

• Haha 2