Top Shelf Aquatics

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

28 minutes ago, patback said:

Yup. I'd leave it. If it gets long and stringy you can pull it off but otherwise I'd leave it be. 

10-4 sounds like a plan

3 hours ago, Weikel said:

My bad must have missed this post .. I ended up with a melanurus wrasse.. hoping he will eat any pests that might make it into my tank...🤞

That thing should pick at anything........ whenever I put anything new into the tank mine circles it like a hawk....

• Like 1
11 hours ago, patback said:

Thems fightin' words

Ha my buddy at work he is a nerd it's kinda his saying when he is losing an argument at work.. usually ends it with ya so what your mom eats chicken and walks off. Cracks me up bc the person doesn't know if they should be offended or not.. 😆..  to that guy I dunno if he was a troll or what but he has like 40 posts and I have seen him say something to markalot about "not having a nano tank" and at least one other person lol 

11 hours ago, spectra said:

Oh and forgot if you have snails well they love those things :lol:

Ha yea I have heard a lot of different wrasses have a taste for snails.. that might get annoying!😁

• 2 weeks later...

Well haven't posted in a bit bc not much is going on. Been tring to dial in my doser . This thing isnt very accurate but I diluted the solution by 100 percent and now it seems good to go.. 

Oh got a new fish today. Have always wanted one!!! Hes all cozy in the qt now.. one more fish and I can take down my old cube I've been using as a qt..

20190210_162534.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Well #### me... bought another kole tang and this son of a bitch died too after about a month ... I dunno if it’s something I’m doing or that my tank is to young but I think these fish are off my list seeing as I can’t keep them alive😢

besides that not to much to update tank is just cruising for now. Waiting for the weather to warm up so I can by some more corals...

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Weikel said:

Well #### me... bought another kole tang and this son of a bitch died too after about a month ... I dunno if it’s something I’m doing or that my tank is to young but I think these fish are off my list seeing as I can’t keep them alive😢

besides that not to much to update tank is just cruising for now. Waiting for the weather to warm up so I can by some more corals...

image.jpg

The first one you probably messed something up.  Second one was a dud.  Third time should be the charm. 

Seriously, sorry to hear. I hate losing fish,especially when it's one I really wanted. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Weikel said:

image.jpg

That sucks. 🙁

• Like 1
1 minute ago, patback said:

The first one you probably messed something up.  Second one was a dud.  Third time should be the charm. 

Seriously, sorry to hear. I hate losing fish,especially when it's one I really wanted. 

Ha yea it’s annoying when you do all the research and put in tons of effort (and cash!!) and you lose a fish or coral.. makes me want to take out a shotgun and blast the damn tank lol... oh well going to let the tank mature for a minute and maybe add some super hardy fish... 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

That sucks. 🙁

Yep not happy about it.. almost ready to make a predator tank with super hardy fish😛. You know like fish fight club where only the strong will survive haha...😬

• Haha 1
righttirefire
18 minutes ago, Weikel said:

image.jpg

Do what i do, buy the fish i really want, temp acclimate in the toilet bowl and flush after 15 minutes. Its more satisfying

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Do what i do, buy the fish i really want, temp acclimate in the toilet bowl and flush after 15 minutes. Its more satisfying

Truth

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well just realized the new tank is 6 months old now😎.. not much to update but I did get a new hammer coral and a blasto frag.  One good thing is the coraline alagae is filling in nicely on the dry rock that I started with, and I have been able to keep it off the back glass! Any who figured I would do the "big" 5 month update lmao corals are a little pissed from the wc in the pics 👨‍🔧

LRM_EXPORT_467143185016940_20190308_164132481.jpeg

20190308_164426.jpg

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Well just realized the new tank is 6 months old now😎.. not much to update but I did get a new hammer coral and a blasto frag.  One good thing is the coraline alagae is filling in nicely on the dry rock that I started with, and I have been able to keep it off the back glass! Any who figured I would do the "big" 5 month update lmao corals are a little pissed from the wc in the pics 👨‍🔧

LRM_EXPORT_467143185016940_20190308_164132481.jpeg

20190308_164426.jpg

I really like the top down shot. 😊

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I really like the top down shot. 😊

Thanks.  Taking my time on this one..  my main goal is a alagae free tank this time lol..  cant wait until spring so I can order some coral!!

• Like 1

So got this little guy out of the qt and added him straight to the reefer.. he is finally settling in. My damn wrasse has been messing with him pretty bad . Not really nipping at him but swims right up on him and almost head butts the hawkfish.. i think they are both getting along now😅

20190310_162650.jpg

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Weikel said:

So got this little guy out of the qt and added him straight to the reefer.. he is finally settling in. My damn wrasse has been messing with him pretty bad . Not really nipping at him but swims right up on him and almost head butts the hawkfish.. i think they are both getting along now😅

20190310_162650.jpg

Hes cute! 😊

• Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
4 minutes ago, Weikel said:

20190310_162650.jpg

Is the hawkfish the one who looks so completely surprised? 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Nursecop818 said:

Is the hawkfish the one who looks so completely surprised? 😂😂

Ha their eyes are funny like that.. I always think they look freaked out or something 😳

• Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
12 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Ha their eyes are funny like that.. I always think they look freaked out or something 😳

He’s hilariously cute!!

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Well got a new coral today and got some of the corals off the sand and glued into place finally 😎

LRM_EXPORT_730538985600825_20190317_162542762.jpeg

20190317_161620.jpg

Things are looking good in there. 😀

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Things are looking good in there. 😀

Thanks!!! I got the doser dialed in better now , and went back to weekly wc.  In my cube I could go months without a wc since I was dosing but I had the tank for a year and used live rock. At this point with using dry rock I think my tank needs the weekly wc🤷‍♂️...also I think my skimmer is running much better now too😊.. got to figure out the sweet spot for these kessils though.. weird bc I run the narrow version on the left side where I see better growth and the right side is a wide version but when I put coral on that side up higher things bleach even though they are set to the same levels..

• Like 2