inTank Media Baskets

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

On 2/3/2020 at 12:32 PM, Txplicit said:

What are your parameters?  Browning can mean a few things.  Look at the polyps. Are they not extending at all?

I need to check all the params again but I think the browning was starting to turn into bleaching.. I turned down the light quite a bit and it's starting to look better. 😊

• Like 1

So not much to update but things are bouncing back.  Even have a couple new shroom babies..  you can see the little bugger sized guy in here

20200207_153812.jpg

• Like 3

Man does anyone else still test?? What a pain in the ass. I have only been testing alk weekly so when you sit down and commit to doing all the testing it takes FOREVER!! 😟   .. but it does kinda make me feel like bill nye the science guy so that's a bonus 😎

Good news is the doser is dialed in been sitting at 7.6 alk for over a month now😊... since I did so many wc to get back on track a my nitrates and phos are too low but they should come back up since I'm back to my smaller water changes ..

Alk. 7.6

Ca 430

Mg 1300

Nitrates between 2-5

Phos .01

Oh and since I was actually awake this weekend when the lights went off I snapped a photo of a hammer coral I bought with one head about 2 years ago. Little guy has 20ish heads now😎🤙

20200208_222940.jpg

20200209_154432.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I test but it pisses me off when my ALK is lower than 8.............. 0 nitrates so sps are not so happy...........turned off the skimmer trying to get it some in there.......

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Man does anyone else still test?? What a pain in the ass. I have only been testing alk weekly so when you sit down and commit to doing all the testing it takes FOREVER!! 😟   .. but it does kinda make me feel like bill nye the science guy so that's a bonus 😎

Good news is the doser is dialed in been sitting at 7.6 alk for over a month now😊... since I did so many wc to get back on track a my nitrates and phos are too low but they should come back up since I'm back to my smaller water changes ..

Alk. 7.6

Ca 430

Mg 1300

Nitrates between 2-5

Phos .01

Oh and since I was actually awake this weekend when the lights went off I snapped a photo of a hammer coral I bought with one head about 2 years ago. Little guy has 20ish heads now😎🤙

20200208_222940.jpg

20200209_154432.jpg

I haven’t tested since I started the tanks. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

I test but it pisses me off when my ALK is lower than 8.............. 0 nitrates so sps are not so happy...........turned off the skimmer trying to get it some in there.......

Yea I did the same thing but I just turned the skimmer low enough where it wouldnt skim..  yea I was running my alk around 8.8 but I'm switching to blue bucket and it seems to mix in the high 7s for me..

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea I did the same thing but I just turned the skimmer low enough where it wouldnt skim..  yea I was running my alk around 8.8 but I'm switching to blue bucket and it seems to mix in the high 7s for me..

Try to keep mine about 8.5 or so..........it was holding then dipped a little........

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Try to keep mine about 8.5 or so..........it was holding then dipped a little........

When are you going to post up a video of that tank?? I'm curious to check it out.. been awhile

1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

When are you going to post up a video of that tank?? I'm curious to check it out.. been awhile

who knows.............maybe when RTF brings Matteo over :unsure:

once things start looking better maybe..........like I said things pissed me off........

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

who knows.............maybe when RTF brings Matteo over :unsure:

once things start looking better maybe..........like I said things pissed me off........

Everything ok though? Sps stn or anything 

36 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Everything ok though? Sps stn or anything 

lost one but it didnt look so good........others just dont look happy but others look great.........the way it goes I guess........may just leave them be and just stick with shit that grows............

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much to update but my ricordia shroom spit out another baby. And this huge shroom I had ripped itself in half finally.. oh and some pics. Wifes phone takes great pics. These are without edits..

Resized_20200220_170519.jpg

Resized_20200220_170541.jpg

Resized_20200220_170451.jpg

Resized_20200220_170443.jpg

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, spectra said:

looks good.............. oh and 40% humidity :biggrin:

So I wake up this morning and yep 70 percent  .. i was like wtf.. yep the bucket was full.. i bought this 70 pint one thinking it could hold 75 pints .. lmao it holds like a gallon only but can do up to 75 pints a day . Guess i have to run a drain line out the damn wall now.. cool thing is right outside the wall and over about 8 foot is the plumbing clean out so I guess I can pipe it there.. i can do it in 1/2 stainless tubing and paint it so it wont look too okie haha

20200220_172736.jpg

righttirefire
Just now, FISHnChix said:

So I wake up this morning and yep 70 percent  .. i was like wtf.. yep the bucket was full.. i bought this 70 pint one thinking it could hold 75 pints .. lmao it holds like a gallon only but can do up to 75 pints a day . Guess i have to run a drain line out the damn wall now.. cool thing is right outside the wall and over about 8 foot is the plumbing clean out so I guess I can pipe it there.. i can do it in 1/2 stainless tubing and paint it so it wont look too okie haha

20200220_172736.jpg

Re-read that gibberish 8ft of ss tubing running out your window to your clean out will look "okie" no matter what you do in that situation.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Re-read that gibberish 8ft of ss tubing running out your window to your clean out will look "okie" no matter what you do in that situation.

Yea I have to do something regardless,  but I'm going to go through the wall with it , run it down the wall low an into the clean out.. sucks but it's an easy option and on the side of the house. Hopefully painted it wont look bad.. here is what my lazy ass did to get water to my sink and rodi station in the garage . Hopefully painted it wont look too bad Hahahaha 

20200220_173709.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, spectra said:

arm and a leg or just an arm ? looks good. 

Man everything is pricey in my town for some reason.. 🤦‍♂️.. got this little dude for 80.. has two heads .. I've been trying to find any torch locally and they have all been 80 and above..

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Man everything is pricey in my town for some reason.. 🤦‍♂️.. got this little dude for 80.. has two heads .. I've been trying to find any torch locally and they have all been 80 and above..

Yeah its nuts...…….my dealer showed me a pic of a torch from a distributor and the price was 799.00 :blink: even he said now that's price gouging...………..and the sad thing is someone will buy it...…..

• Sad 1
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Yeah its nuts...…….my dealer showed me a pic of a torch from a distributor and the price was 799.00 :blink: even he said now that's price gouging...………..and the sad thing is someone will buy it...…..

Holy grail at the swap today - $1000. 

• Wow 2
4 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Holy grail at the swap today - $1000. 

What color was it ? I was told this is the holy grail but who knows.............and I sure as hell didnt pay a grand for it............

IMG_7921.jpg.ae1712783cc1d17116d53421e4f60567.jpg

pics from when it was in the 100...........

IMG_7211.jpg.d4d78d5292155052a3c6df95de8bdcd3.jpg

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

What color was it ? I was told this is the holy grail but who knows.............and I sure as hell didnt pay a grand for it............

IMG_7921.jpg.ae1712783cc1d17116d53421e4f60567.jpg

pics from when it was in the 100...........

IMG_7211.jpg.d4d78d5292155052a3c6df95de8bdcd3.jpg

That looks similar to the Holy Grail. It might be the Master Torch. Holy grail has the greyish tips that photograph as blue under most tanks. Similar to Aussie golds.  I'll snap a pic for comparison. 

• Thanks 1