Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

5 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

How’s that search going Ol Timer? 

Hell I will never get a car.......:rolleyes: no room and well need to get a few bikes done first.........,,,hoping to get some time to work on the 920 while on vaca.........

• Like 1
On 12/22/2019 at 7:53 PM, jack1978 said:

Constant water changes cure all.

LPS issues? 

Yep did another 16 gallon wc this week. Seems like nothings getting worse for now so that's a plus lol

• Like 3

Got a couple pics of this little beast of a hermit crab. I swear this little guy is getting huge. Make me wonder if its just a regular scarlet hermit🤔

Screenshot_20191229-145100_Lightroom.jpg

Screenshot_20191229-144848_Lightroom.jpg

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Got a couple pics of this little beast of a hermit crab. I swear this little guy is getting huge. Make me wonder if its just a regular scarlet hermit🤔

Screenshot_20191229-145100_Lightroom.jpg

Screenshot_20191229-144848_Lightroom.jpg

That doesn’t look like a scarlet.... looks like a regular black hermit. I had a bunch of scarlets in my tank for a while and they’re a lot brighter and obvious than that dull color there.

Like dis 

731192E1-CD69-4001-8169-58D98EDDD28F.jpeg.6ff262b134015e04dec173f3712c4991.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

That doesn’t look like a scarlet.... looks like a regular black hermit. I had a bunch of scarlets in my tank for a while and they’re a lot brighter and obvious than that dull color there.

Like dis 

731192E1-CD69-4001-8169-58D98EDDD28F.jpeg.6ff262b134015e04dec173f3712c4991.jpeg

I couldn't remember of the ones I bought where red legged or scarlet.. or if they are on in the same lmao..

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Good to hear that things are steady. 

Thanks buddy. If not my plans for my tank in 2020 is to not have a tank hahahaha.... dunno how you folks with cold weather do tank maintenance.  I was thinking of ya when I was washing all my wc  equipment when it was 50 outside today.. makes it not enjoyable at all😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
34 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Thanks buddy. If not my plans for my tank in 2020 is to not have a tank hahahaha.... dunno how you folks with cold weather do tank maintenance.  I was thinking of ya when I was washing all my wc  equipment when it was 50 outside today.. makes it not enjoyable at all😉

This thing called utility sink in the basement. 😄

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

This thing called utility sink in the basement. 😄

Ahhhh fancy... its kinda weird there are no basements here. You think with all the heat in summer a basement would be a good idea right???? Or no🤔... if I tried to clean my buckets in the laundry room the wife would have my ass!😉....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
12 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

bathtub buddy :lol:

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Ahhhh fancy... its kinda weird there are no basements here. You think with all the heat in summer a basement would be a good idea right???? Or no🤔... if I tried to clean my buckets in the laundry room the wife would have my ass!😉....

What...............hell thats what the laundry room sink is for............

But I have a 60 gallon barrel so its outside for me.............and 50 is warm so suck it up and just deal with it..........:tongueout:

So I'm not getting my hopes too high but i did make second 16 gallon wc in 9 days.. well the corals look way better... 🤩fingers crossed they keep it up. Weird thing is what is in the tank causing this.  I cant keep up these huge wc...

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So I'm not getting my hopes too high but i did make second 16 gallon wc in 9 days.. well the corals look way better... 🤩fingers crossed they keep it up. Weird thing is what is in the tank causing this.  I cant keep up these huge wc...

Sometimes it might not be what’s IN the water; but rather what’s missing?  If you haven’t changed water often previously, then some of your trace elements could be depleted?  I know corals can perks up when trace elements are right. But I really don’t recall seeing anything specific about depleting trace elements causing corals to go downhill though.  anyway, that’s why corals tend to look happiest the day or two after water change. Also why running the triton method requires a million different additives, because you’re not doing any water change with that method, so you have to keep adding stuff back in to the system. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Sometimes it might not be what’s IN the water; but rather what’s missing?  If you haven’t changed water often previously, then some of your trace elements could be depleted?  I know corals can perks up when trace elements are right. But I really don’t recall seeing anything specific about depleting trace elements causing corals to go downhill though.  anyway, that’s why corals tend to look happiest the day or two after water change. Also why running the triton method requires a million different additives, because you’re not doing any water change with that method, so you have to keep adding stuff back in to the system. 

Yea I was doing like 8 gallon wc almost every week. Sometimes missing 1 week here in there..  nothing crazy.  I started thinking my tank kinda wasn't doing the best when I switched to this fritz salt. And the last batch I got alk was mixing low at like 7 when it normally mixes at 8.5.. I have been dosing up the wc water to get it to about 8.3ish where my tank runs... so I dunno I think I going back to red sea blue bucket... or try and find something that mixes just a little higher than blue bucket..  I think I am going to start weighing the salt too and see if that makes a difference.  Right now I just add a half cup per gallon and then test with a refracometer and add more salt as needed.. 

• Like 1

Man this little guy is going nuts. 6 month growth

I seriously need more fish. I want another royal gramma.. do they get along with firefish? For some reason I thought they didn't 🤔

20191230_165216.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-165146_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

So need some help programming an apex.. I got a couple brs 1.1 ml dosing pumps and want to control them via apex. I dont need anything fancy just a simple on for X amount of minutes then off.. since I have no idea how to code this thing I decided I could just use the "light" control fuction.. so I was testing it out and trying to dose for 2 mins. Well it turned on the doser and would not turn it off... not good.  Now I can turn the outlet off manually via apex but the program wont turn it off..🤔

Any ideas what is causing this?? Oh and I do have my dosers plugged into the relay outlets 4 and 8(not the triac outlets)

Here is the code. Also the temperature shutdown stuff is just something that comes on the "light" preset , so I just set it to 85 to get it out of the way..

Any help from you apex guys would be great @HarryPotter

Screenshot_20200111-130200_Apex Fusion.jpg

should have bought the DOS....................its plug and play...............

I hate dealing with my APEX as I am not a computer person............

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, spectra said:

should have bought the DOS....................its plug and play...............

I hate dealing with my APEX as I am not a computer person............

Lol this is a super simple code. It should easy.🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
On 1/11/2020 at 1:41 PM, spectra said:

Then why isnt it done and working............:lol:

Its working now biiiiotch..😋... sure I had to go to the dark side (aka r2r) to figure it out.. some punk named "theharold" even hit the like button over there... oh and @WV Reefer your boy farm boy also smashed the like button🤣🤣.. oh and I did see your photo over on the monthly photo contest.. not gunna lie hurt a little.. I thought we were your only love😪

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
5 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Its working now biiiiotch..😋... sure I had to go to the dark side (aka r2r) to figure it out.. some punk named "theharold" even hit the like button over there... oh and @WV Reefer your boy farm boy also smashed the like button🤣🤣.. oh and I did see your photo over on the monthly photo contest.. not gunna lie hurt a little.. I thought we were your only love😪

she gets around.....................:biggrin:

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
8 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Farmboy follows me on R2R. 😁🤘🏻

but I’m still blocked on IG. 😂

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1