Pod Your Reef

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

WV Reefer
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Hey thanks for the comment and always smashing the like button.. I mean the thread has decent views so i think people are looking at it but no interaction lol.. i mean if you check out the thread hit the like button or tell me I'm a lame ass or something so at least I'm know I'm not talking to myself hahahah🤙🍻

791AE77E-49C3-48F4-9B56-CEBD1858F984.jpeg.2002926ba7cd5ee7833db7b7b830d9c1.jpeg

• Haha 4
FISHnChix

Well apparently @StinkyBunny isn't going to reply in the lounge so I will call him out here. Just wondering. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood??🤔

Seriously thanks for the heads up on the beer in the garden .. been killing 7 slugs a day.. I really need to get rid of those sobs

• Like 1

Haha, no problem.  I'm always lurking around, just don't post too much.  Tank is looking good.  How's the one SPS doing for you?

• Like 1
FISHnChix
2 minutes ago, DreC80 said:

Haha, no problem.  I'm always lurking around, just don't post too much.  Tank is looking good.  How's the one SPS doing for you?

Sps shoot turning to live rock at this point. Dunno what the deal is . Tank is super clean aka nutrient free. Tring to raise the phos and see of that helps. Have one left but its stn right now. Thing is I move my lights quite a bit every wc. Dont know how that effects par. Buying a par meter so I can monitor my levels for a bit.. pretty stumped at this point . Going to give my tank a year to mature then give it another go. As for lps they are growing super well so at least theres that 😎

• Like 1
FISHnChix
31 minutes ago, spectra said:

Looks like shit :lol: wheres the aptasia...............

Well that's more like it old man.. actually haven't had one little apstaia yet.. 

How goes that bathroom? Bout got her whipped?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Well that's more like it old man.. actually haven't had one little apstaia yet.. 

How goes that bathroom? Bout got her whipped?

Yeah right..............your married you should know better..............

Well textured walls and said ok ready for paint what color................oh we need to pick a color..............well yeah............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
FISHnChix
14 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yeah right..............your married you should know better..............

Well textured walls and said ok ready for paint what color................oh we need to pick a color..............well yeah............

Yea good luck buddy.  When we painted our cabinets last year we had to get 10 different samples of white paint. Who knew how many different whites there was🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3
42 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea good luck buddy.  When we painted our cabinets last year we had to get 10 different samples of white paint. Who knew how many different whites there was🤦‍♂️

oh been there..................was out looking at paint we have in the house now I think there is at least 8 cans out there.............

maybe just paint it the same color :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love your tank.  I can't grow SPS or acans.  I don't like sticks, but have tried to grow acans several times and they don't like me.  Guess I will stick to the easy corals.

• Like 1
FISHnChix
7 hours ago, kimdawg said:

I love your tank.  I can't grow SPS or acans.  I don't like sticks, but have tried to grow acans several times and they don't like me.  Guess I will stick to the easy corals.

Hey thanks!!! Its not much to look at this point.😎 Tring to take my time and figure everything out/ do things right this time..  the damn sps are still a mystery to me.. it's funny how you say you cant grow acans seeing as their "easy" corals.. I see this all the time with different corals and reefers. Seems like everyone has their kryptonite coral that just wont grow for them.. I've seen some reefers with beautiful sps tanks and they complain they cant grow zoas🤔, or even more strange some reefers have multiple tanks that have similar setups yet in one tank they can grow X or but in another tank same X coral dies...

Anyone else have a "easy" coral they just have horrible luck with??🤨

• Like 1
HarryPotter
On 3/29/2019 at 8:06 PM, FISHnChix said:

Well shoot not too much to update the lfs hasnt had anything worth a crap for a little bit.. kinda cool though since I stabilized my doser I have seen some good growth on all my corals, but I am excited about this little guy. I tried 2 other sps and they died but this thing that I bought for 10 bucks is growing!! The little nub on top wasnt there when I bought it a couple months ago.😁  not much growth but makes me excited lol.. happy Friday reefers!!!

LRM_EXPORT_183420722891938_20190329_170222252.jpeg

How about I send you a box of not-crap? $40-$50 shipping. Will make you very happy 🙂 . 5+ colorful sticks and montis 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
FISHnChix
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

How about I send you a box of not-crap? $40-$50 shipping. Will make you very happy 🙂 . 5+ colorful sticks and montis 

Well heck ya I would be in for that deal!!🤗.

Full disclosure though that little booger sps that WAS growing has started to stn.. I am starting to think I'm doomed with sps.. I really am lost on what I am doing wrong.  I do a 20 percent wc every 2 weeks. My levels are ok but a little low on nutrients I think (feed reef roids once a day and bumped up my frozen mysisto a cube every other day and heavy on pellets when I dont feed frozen).. I have undetectable phos and about 2 niatates. Ca is always 420-450, mag 1300-1350ish, alk maybe a little high around 9dkh.. I run a skimmer and about 1/2 cup of rox carbon that I change out once a month or every 6 weeks or so..

Running 2 kessil 360s at about 45 percent.  I dunno if that's not enough light for sps or too much.. I have definitely bleached stuff at those set points so I dunno. I am ordering a par meter to see what's really going on. I am happy with my flow , but I can bump that up if needed too.. 

Any ideas ??

FISHnChix
4 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Hey lame ass tank looks good.

Haha 🤙  . Why thank you☺.  Was just checking in of your threads .  Looks like you got the cardinal fish to start eating.  That's awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
mitten_reef
14 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Hey thanks for the comment and always smashing the like button.. I mean the thread has decent views so i think people are looking at it but no interaction lol.. i mean if you check out the thread hit the like button or tell me I'm a lame ass or something so at least I'm know I'm not talking to myself hahahah🤙🍻

Story of my thread.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
FISHnChix
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

Story of my thread.  

. I do check out your thread quite a bit😁 although the name change and avatar photo still throws me off from time to time .. still cant belive your going to chop those montis... that's my favorite part🤗..

• Like 2
FISHnChix

Sweet par meter is coming... hopfully it will help me get this thing in check and I can grow some sps🤣

Screenshot_20190502-170251_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Sweet par meter is coming... hopfully it will help me get this thing in check and I can grow some sps🤣

Screenshot_20190502-170251_Chrome.jpg

Well we need details before it can be called sweet................

and the 6th :whoa: the mailman walking to your house :unsure: what is it 200 miles or so ?

FISHnChix
40 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well we need details before it can be called sweet................

and the 6th :whoa: the mailman walking to your house :unsure: what is it 200 miles or so ?

Haha yea it's close I paid standard delivery.  Glad u didnt pay 2 day I bet its here just as fast.. 

Oh and the mailmen are super slow round here.  Seriously no joke I've been waiting for these spicy pickles to be delivered for like 6 weeks.  Damn union workers bahahahha

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Haha yea it's close I paid standard delivery.  Glad u didnt pay 2 day I bet its here just as fast.. 

Oh and the mailmen are super slow round here.  Seriously no joke I've been waiting for these spicy pickles to be delivered for like 6 weeks.  Damn union workers bahahahha

I think they ate them :unsure: yeah thats it................:wink:

Ask Jack it only took me a year or more to send corals his way :lol: I just got your address a month or so ago...............

And what about the pat meter? what the hell did you get ?

• Haha 1
FISHnChix
19 minutes ago, spectra said:

I think they ate them :unsure: yeah thats it................:wink:

Ask Jack it only took me a year or more to send corals his way :lol: I just got your address a month or so ago...............

And what about the pat meter? what the hell did you get ?

Nothin too crazy .. you seen this meter?? I got the sensor and I can hook it up to my meter.. read the mv signal and x5 of that will be my par.. the sensor was 180 shipped, so I figure save a few bones and do it this way.. shit my meters are more sensitive/accurate then what's in this handheld they sell anyways..

Screenshot_20190503-160839_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2