Coral Vue Hydros

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I feel you. We still have affordable $30 torches here and $30-50 elegances. For now. But I knocked back a bunch of stuff when I changed lights, and I have three torches that still haven't recovered. It is super frustrating.

Yea time is also at a premium in my household.. when I started I would stop off on the way home at a great little lfs. Unfortunately he shut the doors and went back to work in thr patch since oil has stabilized.. and the other one we have is just ok but is in the ghetto and about an hour round trip so I dont get to go as often as i would like

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Damn the Camaro has been moved to the shop. I almost dont want to touch it since is all original and being a 1 owner z28 it has that dz motor. If I fix that up and drive it like I want and some how destroy it I would lose sooo much value.. I'm torn on what to do with it... the truck on the other hand I can run the shit out of.. just have to finish the last few things. Yea since I got it from the paint shop what a year ago I havent touched it🤣

thats the problem with people with nice cars........they were meant to be driven............F that shit of a garage queen...........

I need to find something to mess with soon............

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, spectra said:

thats the problem with people with nice cars........they were meant to be driven............F that shit of a garage queen...........

Wish you were closer I need a garage monkey to turn wrenches with all my buddy's shit is finished and have no interest in starting a new project.. damn life and kids..

21 minutes ago, spectra said:

Wish you were closer I need a garage monkey to turn wrenches with all my buddy's shit is finished and have no interest in starting a new project.. damn life and kids..

Although kids arent all that bad.. kid wanted a karaoke party and requested George straight..🤩😍

20191122_175910.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
2 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

So not much to update.  Lost my royal gramma so that sucks. Only have a little fire fish and banngi cardnial now😪..  

Damn tank has been frustrating lately... losing a favia now too 🤬...    really have to do some thinking before I drop any more cash into this tank.. maybe time to pull the plug🤦‍♂️

Screenshot_20191122-163509_Lightroom.jpg

Pull the plug?  What?!? Tank looks good as is. 

You don’t wanna know how much money I lost on frags. Actually I don’t even know, 😂😅. And I didn’t even pay for fancy ones until this last year or so.  

So I guess what I’m saying is, spend money on no name frags, you’ll grow them out and enjoy them almost as much if not more, with a lot less stress about losses. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Pull the plug?  What?!? Tank looks good as is. 

You don’t wanna know how much money I lost on frags. Actually I don’t even know, 😂😅. And I didn’t even pay for fancy ones until this last year or so.  

So I guess what I’m saying is, spend money on no name frags, you’ll grow them out and enjoy them almost as much if not more, with a lot less stress about losses. 

Yea that's what i try to do just buy some frags that look nice and aren't  "ultra " or named super duper fruity pebbles.. thing is it's harder to find those bc I onky have the one lfs and no frag swaps around me unless I wanna drive to LA.. maybe I will try shipping corals again . I'm sure to find some decent deals around thw holidays

• Like 1

Try Saltcritters. They're having sales everywhere from 10% to 50% off all month. Most of the corals they sell don't have names attached, but it's all pretty stuff at great prices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well tanks still being a pita ... decided to change my ro membrane and the rest of the filters in the set up... kinda weird I use a cheap jeabo doser and if I let my tank go one week and check my alk everything seems stable. If I go two weeks my alk will raise but close to 1 dkh.. dunno wtf that is all about but I ordered 2 brs dosers and going to hook that up to the apex.

Anyone every use an apex program to run a doser like the brs one?? Is it a pain ??

Well tank is a little pissed after a wc but looking clear😊

Resized_20191208_134814.jpg

Resized_20191208_134740.jpg

• Like 5

Wait you have an Apex..............why didnt you just buy a DOS.............you drink cheap beer and the tooth ferry gives 20s...................you can afford it.............:wink:

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
13 minutes ago, spectra said:

Wait you have an Apex..............why didnt you just buy a DOS.............you drink cheap beer and the tooth ferry gives 20s...................you can afford it.............:wink:

#### that dos is overpriced... cant see spending double bc it says apex and is orange 😆... honestly I didnt want to even spend what I did ....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

#### that dos is overpriced... cant see spending double bc it says apex and is orange 😆... honestly I didnt want to even spend what I did ....

but hooks right into the apex that you over paid for :lol: and works...............,I dont have an issue spending on equipment.............look at all the livestock you have and what you paid for it...........:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, spectra said:

but hooks right into the apex that you over paid for :lol: and works...............,I dont have an issue spending on equipment.............look at all the livestock you have and what you paid for it...........:wink:

Haha no I bought a used orange label apex for 150 shipped😋...  and my tanks not full of 500 dollar fish and 200 dollar frags😅..

I love spending on equipment especially automated stuff .. but to be honest I'm still not sure how much longer I will be in the hobby...🤷‍♂️😪

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
14 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Thanksssss...

🤢

Haha I was trying this panorama camera setting.  Yea it didnt work but as a bonus it makes my right foot look like it has 7 toes. Figured that was something you would like😉😆🤗

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

I have two of those Jebao dosers- can’t you get a cable for it to go in your apex?

8 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I have two of those Jebao dosers- can’t you get a cable for it to go in your apex?

Oh yea sure but the problem I think they have is accuracy.. they pump in 6 ml in seconds where the brs pump 1.1ml a minute 

19 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Oh yea sure but the problem I think they have is accuracy.. they pump in 6 ml in seconds where the brs pump 1.1ml a minute 

Why’s that a problem so long as it’s the right amount?

3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Why’s that a problem so long as it’s the right amount?

That's not. But if the doser doesnt have good repeatability then its junk.. and that is amplified at lower doses..  this is where I belive my problem lies... 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

That's not. But if the doser doesnt have good repeatability then its junk.. and that is amplified at lower doses..  this is where I belive my problem lies... 

gotcha. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well tanks not doing the best. Got a good handful of corals taking a dive.. everything is spot on beside my alk was swinging about half dhk so I started dosing by hand instead of using my jeabo... did a 16 gallon wc today and things look a little better. Hope they continue to improve bc I'm lost😉...

Resized_20191222_171324.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
On 11/22/2019 at 5:38 PM, spectra said:

How’s that search going Ol Timer? 

2 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Well tanks not doing the best. Got a good handful of corals taking a dive.. everything is spot on beside my alk was swinging about half dhk so I started dosing by hand instead of using my jeabo... did a 16 gallon wc today and things look a little better. Hope they continue to improve bc I'm lost😉...

Resized_20191222_171324.jpg

Doesn’t look terrible.  Constant water changes cure all.

LPS issues? 

• Like 1