Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

7 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

That looks similar to the Holy Grail. It might be the Master Torch. Holy grail has the greyish tips that photograph as blue under most tanks. Similar to Aussie golds.  I'll snap a pic for comparison. 

Well my picture taking sucks..............:lol: just ask @mitten_reef

• Haha 2
mitten_reef
15 minutes ago, spectra said:

What color was it ? I was told this is the holy grail but who knows.............and I sure as hell didnt pay a grand for it............

IMG_7921.jpg.ae1712783cc1d17116d53421e4f60567.jpg

pics from when it was in the 100...........

IMG_7211.jpg.d4d78d5292155052a3c6df95de8bdcd3.jpg

Yeah something just like that. It’s as if it is a neon green and gold torch blend in to one. Very bright under blue light. 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
14 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

For reference.

1627968816_HolyGrailsmall.thumb.jpg.a51a24e633be733ae210025d35ccafcc.jpg

Your tank is full of reference photo pieces. 😍. Please try to do a one by one catalog at some point. I bet it’d be epic!!

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Your tank is full of reference photo pieces. 😍. Please try to do a one by one catalog at some point. I bet it’d be epic!!

That seems like a lot of work. Wanna do it for me?

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Would love to, but I’m neither near, nor have your photography skills. 😅

Come visit. I'll pay you in frags. I have no skills either, I just let the camera do all the work. 

2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Truth.. but where is that pic of the indo dragon soul torch??

its somewhere............probably looks like a blob............

7 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Truth.. but where is that pic of the indo dragon soul torch??

Ok just took this but will look like crap. Doesn’t look bad on the phone but on the web not so much. 

9EFF3678-EADA-44C1-9DFC-74BB6229F2CD.jpeg

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Ok just took this but will look like crap. Doesn’t look bad on the phone but on the web not so much. 

You do know they upgraded the iPhone pictures app to have better picture editing ability?? You could desaturate that photo a bit 

6 minutes ago, spectra said:

Noice.. bet it looks great in person.. and side note not a bad picture old timer 😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, spectra said:

Serously need to see a tank video soon!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Let's talk brown jelly disease.. so that torch frag I had gotten started to decline and then a came home from work and it was covered in what I now think was brown jelly disease.. so yea I blew it off lol.. anyways the torch died and I pulled it.. now everything else is good but I started to notice a little brown jelly on my gorg.. i chopped off the infected areas but now I'm scared this might be the beginning of an end.. 

So how bad is brown jelly disease? Can I do anything to help the tank??

20200311_164443.jpg

• Sad 1
54 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Let's talk brown jelly disease.. so that torch frag I had gotten started to decline and then a came home from work and it was covered in what I now think was brown jelly disease.. so yea I blew it off lol.. anyways the torch died and I pulled it.. now everything else is good but I started to notice a little brown jelly on my gorg.. i chopped off the infected areas but now I'm scared this might be the beginning of an end.. 

So how bad is brown jelly disease? Can I do anything to help the tank??

20200311_164443.jpg

Vegemite ? sorry had to ask...........

I have dealt with it but it was in the 90s.......cant even remember that far back.........

Was there something in the tank that pissed it off ?

6 minutes ago, spectra said:

Vegemite ? sorry had to ask...........

I have dealt with it but it was in the 90s.......cant even remember that far back.........

Was there something in the tank that pissed it off ?

No but I didn't realize that part of the skeleton was cracked from fraging.  #### face didnt mention it either .. 

• Sad 2
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

No but I didn't realize that part of the skeleton was cracked from fraging.  #### face didnt mention it either .. 

That could have been your issue.............

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

That could have been your issue.............

That's exactly what I thought. What was crazy is why the gorg got some . It was crazy I blew some off and the flesh blew away too . Didnt even know they had a little stem skeleton 

mitten_reef
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

That's exactly what I thought. What was crazy is why the gorg got some . It was crazy I blew some off and the flesh blew away too . Didnt even know they had a little stem skeleton 

Gorg could have been unrelated. They lose flesh for me too. Do you feed it?

Did that shit blow around your tank when you cleaned off the torch?  Maybe a blob landed on the gorg?  

I had one piece get that shit years ago ..... nothing else in the tank got it.  I did WCs and ran carbon.  Not sure if it is or was the right thing to do, but seemed to do the trick. 

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Gorg could have been unrelated. They lose flesh for me too. Do you feed it?

Oh yea feed it well this thing is a beast. Survived 2 days in the mail and 24 hours in a 140 degree mailbox.. it's not a nps one. Its grown 10x the size in less than a year 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Did that shit blow around your tank when you cleaned off the torch?  

Yep. That's my thinking.  Shitty thing is I'm trying to frag it back and not lose it. Trimed twice . Today I got crazy and cut it way back. Hope it helps.. saved a frag too

• 2 weeks later...
Snow_Phoenix
On 3/30/2020 at 9:31 AM, FISHnChix said:

Well heck nothing going on in here but wanted to document the tank with a fts...

Screenshot_20200329-182906_Lightroom.jpg

Looks very nice - so many heads on that acan/blasto in the middle too! :happy:

• Like 1