inTank Media Baskets

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

Well had to chop the ric mushrooms out of the tank. They have been making babys like crazy and growing HUGE. started to sting some coral so they had to go. Hope I didnt nuke my tank bc I couldnt get them off with out slicing and dicing them 😁. Threw in some new carbon and hopeing for the best🤙😬

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
mitten_reef
12 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Well had to chop the ric mushrooms out of the tank. They have been making babys like crazy and growing HUGE. started to sting some coral so they had to go. Hope I didnt nuke my tank bc I couldnt get them off with out slicing and dicing them 😁. Threw in some new carbon and hopeing for the best🤙😬

Is it a Yuma?  Of all Yuma that I tried, there was this one that won’t stop dropping babies. I had to take them back. The rest (nicer looking ones at that) all shriveled up and disappeared. I wonder if it had something to do with their origins. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Is it a Yuma?  Of all Yuma that I tried, there was this one that won’t stop dropping babies. I had to take them back. The rest (nicer looking ones at that) all shriveled up and disappeared. I wonder if it had something to do with their origins. 

Not sure just a cheap generic green one. Pretty cool though. I'd definitely have a ric rock like you have in my next tank.  I have a few rocks that are covered in shrooms now that look like they are part of the scape but can be removed if needed.. 

Screenshot_20200713-163712_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
mitten_reef
40 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Not sure just a cheap generic green one. Pretty cool though. I'd definitely have a ric rock like you have in my next tank.  I have a few rocks that are covered in shrooms now that look like they are part of the scape but can be removed if needed.. 

Screenshot_20200713-163712_Gallery.jpg

The green with dark center is Yuma. The bright green and orange are rhodactus. 
the rics I keep are ricordea florida. If you wanna look into them. There are a few places online that seem to specialize/focus on them. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

The green with dark center is Yuma. The bright green and orange are rhodactus. 
the rics I keep are ricordea florida. If you wanna look into them. There are a few places online that seem to specialize/focus on them. 

Probably going to stick to stony corals . I like my coral to stay where I put them.. 😂..waiting to get out and get some more euphilla.. love the movement. Hopfully I can learn to keep some sticks too. That stylo is still a little pissed from the water change and didnt like the shroom goo flying around😬.. should be ok in a couple days🤞

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yeah sorry florida rics are where its at...............send that yuma back............

Yea they are in the trash.. I bought them for like 15 bucks. They were cool and bubbly 

.  Bubbles got so huge they had movement. Sucks they were invading.. the 2 mommas where huge like 4 inches across 

• Like 1

I like rics but the florida ones just look so nice compared to yumas...............had a red yuma and it was nice but just not the tight bubbles that the florida ones have................

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Ok here we go......

0D24811B-BAF4-42D6-8314-8F06E6C78763.jpeg

What shop is that?

5 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

K send me that rock.   And the damn pickles 

Just now, spectra said:

Hey just wait pickles will be on there way this year.................planning 30 or more quarts................

mine finally showed up in the mailbox today - 2 years late. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

What shop is that?

my 750.......................those were in my 2 1/2 gallon tank and when I took it down glued them all onto a rock....................there doing pretty well now................

• Like 1
Just now, spectra said:

my 750.......................those were in my 2 1/2 gallon tank and when I took it down glued them all onto a rock....................there doing pretty well now................

They look nice - they never do well for me - I think they prefer lower light?

6 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Well those are getting blasted in my tank. 

the 2 1/2 had a Nanobox tide over it so who knows. 

• Like 2
mitten_reef
21 minutes ago, spectra said:

Ok here we go......

0D24811B-BAF4-42D6-8314-8F06E6C78763.jpeg

Holy crap spectra! The clearest picture yet from you, did you get a new phone or something?  
that is one spectacular ric rock, I must say. 

8 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Well those are getting blasted in my tank. 

the 2 1/2 had a Nanobox tide over it so who knows. 

Mine like high light.  Even tho they’re on the tank floor, they also sit right next to my tank-floor acro colony. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Hmmmm...... high light is what I gave mine.  They just don't like me 😪

Can you blame them.........zing.........🤣

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Not really, no. 

Could actually be the tank.............. I have bad some grow great and then not at all in a different tank..............not sure what makes them happy...............

• Like 2

Well here is a new one.  My gorg just stopped opening up. Yesterday they was a snail by it and it was about half opened.  Didnt think anything of it bc of the snail. Today it has zero polyps out🤔.. 

Really weird. All the other corals look great too. Wondering if when I chopped up those mushrooms this week caused this.. 

15950986277491328138253288421418.jpg

• Like 1