Pod Your Reef

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

So struck out at the lfs today.. but tool the daughter by petco on the way home from school to check out the critters.. saw this frag and asked the dude working his much for the monti? He said it is a chalice and its 24 bucks.. 🤔   

What do you guys think chalice or monti?? I think it is one of those jedi mind trick montis.. they did have a dead frag in the tank that was labeled jedi mind trick🤷‍♂️

20200116_160105.jpg

20200116_160059.jpg

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So struck out at the lfs today.. but tool the daughter by petco on the way home from school to check out the critters.. saw this frag and asked the dude working his much for the monti? He said it is a chalice and its 24 bucks.. 🤔   

What do you guys think chalice or monti?? I think it is one of those jedi mind trick montis.. they did have a dead frag in the tank that was labeled jedi mind trick🤷‍♂️

20200116_160105.jpg

20200116_160059.jpg

Monti

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/16/2020 at 4:21 PM, FISHnChix said:

20200116_160105.jpg

20200116_160059.jpg

Monti 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So after 400 gallons of fritz salt I'm switching back to red sea🤙

@mitten_reef so I got this little monti.. how quick/slow should I move this guy up to the top of my tank??

20200117_164052.jpg

So whats a bucket run you down there ?

I use both the glue and black bucket..........

also depends on what monti...........

28 minutes ago, spectra said:

So whats a bucket run you down there ?

I use both the glue and black bucket..........

also depends on what monti...........

Its 72 on brs.. I don't have a good lfs so its online for me.

I dunno what kind of monti . Scroll up I thinks it's one of those jedi mind trick looking deals🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

I dunno what kind of monti . Scroll up I thinks it's one of those jedi mind trick looking deals🤷‍♂️

most montis like light.........so if me I would just set it in the middle and see what happens........

did you look for bugs ? hopefully no eggs on it.........

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Jeez a bag of coral pro salt is $70 here and I don’t have to ship it

• Wow 1
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Jeez a bag of coral pro salt is $70 here and I don’t have to ship it

How many gallons?  I think this like 180 or 170. something like that

3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

How many gallons?  I think this like 180 or 170. something like that

I don’t remember exactly but I know it’s more than the bucket because I looked it up.... hold on. Bag makes 200g and bucket 175.

Bag is 55lbs of salt bucket is 48.5

3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I don’t remember exactly but I know it’s more than the bucket because I looked it up.... hold on. Bag makes 200g and bucket 175.

Bag is 55lbs of salt bucket is 48.5

Check next time I am cursious.  Most of red sea stuff has a msp.  I dunno if that is the same with their salt though

3 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

So after 400 gallons of fritz salt I'm switching back to red sea🤙

@mitten_reef so I got this little monti.. how quick/slow should I move this guy up to the top of my tank??

20200117_164052.jpg

Monti looks good. They can take a little light. I would go ahead and put it wherever you want it to be, mid-tank should be fine. I’ve never owned Jedi mind trick before. But looks like a fun one to watch growing.  

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Check next time I am cursious.  Most of red sea stuff has a msp.  I dunno if that is the same with their salt though

Check which part? 

3 minutes ago, spectra said:

I know my local guy has sales all the time on there salt............way less than 72 a bucket............

Hmmm I will have to do more research then...  maybe i will start a thread and see where others get their red seas salt at

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Hmmm I will have to do more research then...  maybe i will start a thread and see where others get their red seas salt at

I know red sea does have map pricing on things........not sure if salt is one of them though.........

if your having it shipped to you well expect to pay for it as the shipping kills it........

I know mine gets it by the pallet load so that helps some......he also gets it in when tanks show up so its just a big load of stuff......

• Like 1
3 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Just double check the prices and sizes if you think about it next time🤙

Okay. They can't really be price matched though because of shipping...

3 hours ago, spectra said:

I know red sea does have map pricing on things........not sure if salt is one of them though.........

if your having it shipped to you well expect to pay for it as the shipping kills it........

I know mine gets it by the pallet load so that helps some......he also gets it in when tanks show up so its just a big load of stuff......

That must be how mine keeps the price down to around $70-something per bag. He buys it in bulk, there's always about 100 bags there at a time.

On 8/26/2018 at 7:05 AM, FISHnChix said:

U know I love those little clear cup/shelf deals on your doors. I have no idea what you would call them so I can’t find anything like them haha. Do you happen to remember where you got them? If you don’t mind me asking how did you attach them too?

I just went to walmart and bought a cabinet to stash next to the tank stand, drilled both stand and cabinet to run wires through.  Now I don't worry about leaks or drips into my electrical lines and outlets.

20200108_001804.jpg

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Txplicit said:

I just went to walmart and bought a cabinet to stash next to the tank stand, drilled both stand and cabinet to run wires through.  Now I don't worry about leaks or drips into my electrical lines and outlets.

20200108_001804.jpg

Looks nice🤙.. always appreciated a clean controller setup.. so nice being able to hide all those cords and little power inverters..😎

• Like 1

Damn sps .. why do I even try lol.. so these little monti I got is starting to brown out.. so that usually means not enough light right?? Well I dunno I have a narrow kessil 360 right above it (8 inches below the water line)turned up to about 70 percent .. should I just leave these sucker and see what happens?? Do sps sometimes brown out when getting acclimated??

20200127_143223.jpg

27 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Damn sps .. why do I even try lol.. so these little monti I got is starting to brown out.. so that usually means not enough light right?? Well I dunno I have a narrow kessil 360 right above it (8 inches below the water line)turned up to about 70 percent .. should I just leave these sucker and see what happens?? Do sps sometimes brown out when getting acclimated??

20200127_143223.jpg

I have a purple monti that’s being a jerk too- it looks a little bleachy around the bottom but not the tops? Where there’s still good polyp extension. Explain that riddle to me. I have a sunrise monti that I keep having to move around the sand bed or bottom half of the tank because it seems to not like light. Short story- montis seem to be jerks, like my old boss, named Monty. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

20200127_143223.jpg

Is it just the base? Both of my Montipora's have gone from a green base to an almost tan coloured under my A360W, the polyps do look good though