Coral Vue Hydros

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

7 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

What sized tank is that again? The RedSea numerical labels mean nothing compared to actual gallon size.

Lol kinda stupid huh.. 55 gallon display. 

16 minutes ago, mcarroll said:

Aren't their labels the whole system volume in Liters?

Nan... not now.. but the do show their volumes in liters first and gallons secondary..😅

11 minutes ago, Tired said:

According to Google, 250 liters is 66 gallons or so, which seems like a reasonable measurement. 

Lol I'm a dork yea thats exactly it😁 for some reason I was thinking the sump was 20 gallons but I looked it up and yea your spot on

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mcarroll said:

Aren't their labels the whole system volume in Liters?

Hey this ‘Murica where we do gallons. I only think in milliliters most of the time, and liters only when I’m trying to resuscitate someone. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Oh so it’s not much bigger than mine! I don’t feel so inadequate now next to @spectra

No one feels inadequate against the old timer😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Oh so it’s not much bigger than mine! I don’t feel so inadequate now next to @spectra

59 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

No one feels inadequate against the old timer😂

Well am probably a foot taller at least............

• Like 2

Well this guy is more resilient than I thought.. ignore the white flat worms on that glass again, but most of the ich looking spots are gone. Here is a washed out photo..  hard to get a picture bc he is still pretty shy..

On another note corals are looking pale.. for some reason my alk is going up from 8 to 9.2.  Havent done a wc in 3 weeks so I think my doser is set to high..  pretty sure I'm going to lose a favia which totally sucks. Wc tomorrow and I will turn off the doser and monitor alk daily🤦‍♂️..

LRM_EXPORT_1881194473914_20191025_170905453.jpeg

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

On another note corals are looking pale.. for some reason my alk is going up from 8 to 9.2.  Havent done a wc in 3 weeks so I think my doser is set to high..  pretty sure I'm going to lose a favia which totally sucks. Wc tomorrow and I will turn off the doser and monitor alk daily🤦‍♂️..

Did I already ask what your NO3 and PO4 are testing?

Pale corals are usually due to these being low or zero.  (Likewise for sensitivity to alk changes....it all relates to photosynthesis and phosphates.)

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, mcarroll said:

Did I already ask what your NO3 and PO4 are testing?

Pale corals are usually due to these being low or zero.  (Likewise for sensitivity to alk changes....it all relates to photosynthesis and phosphates.)

So yea I have been worried out that.  I have been running a uln system for a year.  2 weeks ago I started daily reef roids and feeding more to bring up my levels. I had undetectable po4 and 3 no3 forever . Now I'm a little over 8 no3 and .1 p04.. I also skipped wc for 3 weeks to achieve this..

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mcarroll said:

Are you still running any components of the system that led to "ULNS"?   Or maybe better to ask what did you use to achieve ULNS?

Honestly it was just a new tank.  Low levels came from minimal feedings and weekly 20 percent wc.. in my old tank I ran chemical filtration and a fuge which wasnt ideal. Now I run rox carbon changed every 2 months and a skimmer that's it..

• Like 1

IMO changes in a tank's nutrient trends seem to take a month or so to "trickle down" through the whole system. 

Also IMO you're heading in the right direction....just a matter of time for the current conditions to "take" as normal.

How long have you been running the doser?  Whole time?   Just wondering if it was ever "right" for a period of time (making this deviation noteworthy for some other* reason) or if it's been a little up and down since you installed it/while you get it dialed in?

*if it was "right" for a while, then the question is why did alkalinity usage go down?  Nevermind this point if you're still just in the tweaking phase to get it dialed in....but get it there soon.  😉

• Like 1
17 hours ago, mcarroll said:

*if it was "right" for a while, then the question is why did alkalinity usage go down?  Nevermind this point if you're still just in the tweaking phase to get it dialed in....but get it there soon. 

Yea I had switched over my corals from my biocube and started dosing 2 part within a month of adding the coral. Took a little tweaking here and there but over the year the doser has been working well every other month or so I normally had to increase the ml slightly due to growth and adding coral..

Your right though the sudden decline in usage is what concerns me. Also  I noticed this when I didnt do my 20 percent weekly wc for 3 weeks.. I dont check my wc alk everytime , normally just when I get a new batch of salt.. I'm guessing my doser might have been set a little too high and the weekly wc water has a slightly lower alk than my tank water and just kinda balanced out...

• Like 2

So @WV Reefer now that i have this tang I finally bought that seaweed holder like you have.. holds the nori way better than a clip , but now it's just a snail feeder.. I have these turbos and they will put away some nori with the quickness 😡

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

So @WV Reefer now that i have this tang I finally bought that seaweed holder like you have.. holds the nori way better than a clip , but now it's just a snail feeder.. I have these turbos and they will put away some nori with the quickness 😡

Mine do that too sometimes. Last night mine had two cowries on it. 😄 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Mine do that too sometimes. Last night mine had two cowries on it. 😄 

Which one is it? The mesh bag? Or the ring thing?