Innovative Marine Aquariums

FISHnChix REEFER 250 BUILD *! New SPS🤞🤞🤙 *🍻

FISHnChix

6 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So at the store he was out. Never came out in the bag.. as I set him in the tank he was coming out.. serously the second I set it down it was all the way out.  Kinda crazy..

That sounds like such dirty talk 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So I just realized my tank hit the one year mark last week!!!! Super excited , but doesnt seem like it's been a year already... feeling pretty good about advancing my limited reefing skills🤣. Learned a lot over the last year, managed not to crash the tank,  and tank is alage free!! Maybe some day I will be able to fill up my right side of the tank. It was meant to have some sps , but I still havent figured them out lol...

HAPPY 1 YEAR BIRTHDAY TANK!!😉.  Not sure who even reads these this, but to those of you that help me along I really appreciate the NR community 🍻🤙

LRM_EXPORT_1080215273827973_20190908_132844895.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_1080054848454805_20190908_132604470.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_1080118129689208_20190908_132707751.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
6 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So I just realized my tank hit the one year mark last week!!!! Super excited , but doesnt seem like it's been a year already... feeling pretty good about advancing my limited reefing skills🤣. Learned a lot over the last year, managed not to crash the tank,  and tank is alage free!! Maybe some day I will be able to fill up my right side of the tank. It was meant to have some sps , but I still havent figured them out lol...

HAPPY 1 YEAR BIRTHDAY TANK!!😉.  Not sure who even reads these thread, but to those of you that help me along I really appreciate the NR community 🍻🤙

Yay!!!!!!! 🎉

Happy Birthday reef!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well get some sticks going...................:wink:

Lol I tried 3 of them and they just die... I am in the process of ramping up my kessils , I dont think I had enough par before.. might actually need a 3rd kessil to get the par and coverage I want...

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

HAPPY 1 YEAR BIRTHDAY TANK!!😉.  Not sure who even reads these this, but to those of you that help me along I really appreciate the NR community 🍻🤙

Looks good my friend 👍. Here's to another year 🍻

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Happy birthday reef!!! Mine hits 6 months this coming weekend. Milestones!

1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Looks good my friend 👍. Here's to another year 🍻

Thanks guys!!!!😁  few small battles but all in all good year!!

• Like 4

Just posting this for a reference.. been bumping up my Kessils slowing . Finally got them to 85 percent with 35 percent color... not horrible par for leds... crazy how much of a difference there is between the kessil wide version and the narrow version.. on the right in the narrow and left is the wide.. I will probably look for another narrow and add it to the left , then move the wide to the middle for a total of 3

the bottom pic is when I had the lights at like 45

BF21AE89-6952-4469-BCCA-2985C721FA58.jpeg

A52EC225-6152-4362-AE8A-0154860BEB05.jpeg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Happy 1st tank anniversary @FISHnChix, glad you're sharing the journey with us!

When did you start ramping up the intensity on your lights? Has everything been responding well so far?

Thanks buddy!!! Think I might finally be getting the hang of this stuff.. well kinda sorta😉...  learned a lot from this community you have created here.. 🍻

Started ramping the lights up 7.9.19 according to my notes... so far nothing has bleached but I feel like I have been taking it pretty slow...  in all honesty I havent seen any difference in coral growth 🤣... hoping to try some sps again.. tried about 3 so far and it hasnt turned out well for me haha..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 9/15/2019 at 12:39 PM, FISHnChix said:

crazy how much of a difference there is between the kessil wide version and the narrow version.. on the right in the narrow and left is the wide.. I will probably look for another narrow and add it to the left , then move the wide to the middle for a total of 3

As long as the WIDE light is low enough to the tank that NO light is "wasting" over the front, back or side, and all of the light is hitting the water vs hitting the dry glass above it....your corals will be receiving that "PAR differential" you have recorded as side-lighting, reflectance.   

To them, there's no less light.  Just light from more angles, as it would be at greater depth. 

"Low PAR" is a coincidence of how you're measuring...or rather the instrument you're using.  Apogee actually makes a sensor that can measure PAR all-around (I think called "scalar irradiance"), but it's use isn't the norm, so there would be no "normal" numbers out there for you to compare with.

You could take horizontal measurements with your sensor and try to simulate what those readings might tell you though.  It would not describe the whole effect, but simply measuring the light reflecting off the side glass with your sensor 6" down from the surface and 6" away from the side-glass (or whatever makes sense) could be enough to illustrate the difference between lights.  Compare the side-glass measurement on the left to the right same as measurements you've taken of the surface irradiance on the left and right. 

My 360X's are not quite 4" off the water on my standard 125 Gallon and I've thought about dropping them another inch...they definitely could be closer....just to give my example.  And for what it's worth I only have three units over a six foot tank.  The manual does recommend running the lights at a 90% peak tho...and I do.  It looks bright.  🙂 (I do almost no color....can't recall my exact settings tho.)

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Ahh ok got it. 🙃

Haha I did actually get a couple new little fish .. they are floating right now .. post pics when they get in there 😉

• Like 2

Hey grandpa @spectra how is the new tang doing?? Eating yet???🤔...  that beautiful girl inspired me to get a little one for myself(not as cool as the one you got🤦‍♂️🤩). Damn fish has been hiding all day hahaha..

• Like 2
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Hey grandpa @spectra how is the new tang doing?? Eating yet???🤔...  that beautiful girl inspired me to get a little one for myself(not as cool as the one you got🤦‍♂️🤩). Damn fish has been hiding all day hahaha..

What one ? I got 2....................

What did you buy ?

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

that thing eats like a pig :lol:

so what did you buy ?

UPDATE!!! its bedtime! Lol

Jk well not really I got a little yellow kole eye tang.. tanks too small for anything else... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

UPDATE!!! its bedtime! Lol

Jk well not really I got a little yellow kole eye tang.. tanks too small for anything else... 

I have one of those to................when it comes to tangs the Tomini is one of my favorites................

Here is what I brought home friday................... I posted pics already but................

IMG_7810.jpg

• Like 6

Anyone else still test all their params?? Been awhile since I tested everything and I had some free time so I got after it.. everything seems good. Alk is drifting higher so i had to cut the doser back a little.. been feeding reefroids daily to bring up the phos a bit.. got it up from .05 to .1 so we will see if things look or grow better..

20191020_153700.jpg

• Like 4

Oh and this little sissy has been hard to take a photo of , so this is the best I got.. ignore those little flat worms all over the glass🤦‍♂️(looks like it's on the fish huh haha) .. got to get rid of those things...

LRM_EXPORT_756314664624270_20191020_163513437.jpeg

• Like 3