Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need new lighting (another which LED question)

Jono

44 minutes ago, Jono said:

The one thing I'm worried about with the Primes are the braces on my tank. I feel like they are right where I would want to put the lights for an even spread, which I'm guessing would effect the lights some....but then again I guess that would effect any light I use. 

I use the flex arm on my IM Lagoon 25. Very sturdy haven’t had an issue with it. Overall great light and mount

17 minutes ago, KW NANOREEF said:

I use the flex arm on my IM Lagoon 25. Very sturdy haven’t had an issue with it. Overall great light and mount

My concern isn't so much with mounting the light, its that the brace that goes across the tank will block some light from the tank, and they are evenly spaced brace, 3 of them. So if I did two lights, they would both be over braces if I wanted them symmetrical  on the tank, and if I did 3 lights they would all be over a brace too. You can see what I'm talking about in this picture. Maybe I'm over thinking it like I tend to do. IMG_5341.thumb.JPG.e279f569d7f19081ddf49653b76bd952.JPG

46 minutes ago, Jono said:

My concern isn't so much with mounting the light, its that the brace that goes across the tank will block some light from the tank, and they are evenly spaced brace, 3 of them. So if I did two lights, they would both be over braces if I wanted them symmetrical  on the tank, and if I did 3 lights they would all be over a brace too. You can see what I'm talking about in this picture. Maybe I'm over thinking it like I tend to do. IMG_5341.thumb.JPG.e279f569d7f19081ddf49653b76bd952.JPG

Flex arm especially won’t block enough light as it produces. Great setup! But I might be Misunderstanding

13 hours ago, Jono said:

The one thing I'm worried about with the Primes are the braces on my tank. I feel like they are right where I would want to put the lights for an even spread, which I'm guessing would effect the lights some....but then again I guess that would effect any light I use. 

You mean the support braces?

They will effect lighting with any light.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

You mean the support braces?

They will effect lighting with any light.

When I do my 75 i'm going to use two prime hds and play the support brace. I'm going to make two islands and have the sand bed open in the middle where the brace is. Go for a nice clean look. This way I can have low light corals up the middle.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

When I do my 75 i'm going to use two prime hds and play the support brace. I'm going to make two islands and have the sand bed open in the middle where the brace is. Go for a nice clean look. This way I can have low light corals up the middle.

That's exactly what has to be done with tanks with the support bars. You just gotta work around it, it's not impossible, it's being creative and thinking outside the box😁

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

That's exactly what has to be done with tanks with the support bars. You just gotta work around it, it's not impossible, it's being creative and thinking outside the box😁

I'm really excited to get this tank done. Its a long way away but I have an idea that should be fun. :-)