Top Shelf Aquatics

How to officially preemptively treat new fish?

Dgameman1

Hello!

I currently have a 10 gallon reef tank where my Tailspot Blenny and Small clownfish passed away.

I saw the last fish I had, the other clownfish, have white stringy poop and so I read online and found out it could be internal parasites.

I moved the other clownfish into a quarantine tank and treated with API General Cure, then API E.M. ERYTHROMYCIN.

While these treatments were happening, I saw a bagillion white dots on the clownfish and then found out it could be velvet or ich?

I ordered stuff online and it was supposed to come tomorrow but the other clownfish has now passed away.

I'm pretty upset because I really really loved them but it's also my fault for not preemptively treating them.

Now that I have a QT tank and all that stuff, what is the process of actually treating fish in the QT tank?

I read online that people first dose Ich-X, then API E.M. ERYTHROMYCIN, and then API General Cure?

But I don't even think that Ich-X has copper and I don't think any of these even help velvet?

What should I dose and in what order?

Thank you guys so so so much!

Picture of Betsy enjoying her Quarantine Pineapple 😞

ldgzWuy[1].jpg

A Little Blue

Or use Safety Stop (treats external parasites only) after getting your fish and b4 introduction to main (minimal) or quarantine tank (better). And then watch. 

• Like 1