Coral Vue Hydros

Using fritz 9 with dr.tims ammonia

C2 da fish

So I’m currently doing a fishless cycle with fritz 9 and dr Tim’s  ammonia after watching YouTube so my nitrites have been spiked for about a week now there 5ppm or more after testing with api should I do a water changed ? It’s been 2 weeks since I started my cycle is it stalled , ? Also I added more ammonia and more of fritz 9 , 16 more ounces and 2 ppm of ammonia after my reading where 0 ppm ammonia and 0 ppm nitrite and 0 nitrite 0nitrates , now my readings are on day 14  after adding 1ppm ammonia day before on day 13” my ammonia is 0.25 nitrites 5ppm and nitrates 20ppm what should I do next as nitrites seem spiked for awhile as I was reading people say to do water change to bring nitrites down to 2ppm and let them get to 0 then dose ammonia at 1ppm and see how that goes 

You may have stalled the cycle -

Similar thing happend to me: Nitrites just wouldn’t go down. Then one afternoon, poof - zeroed out.

Don’t add anything or do a water change. Let the cycle work itself and hopefully fairly soon it will go zero.

Patience.

• Thanks 1

What will the next step be after my nitrites are 0 do I dose ammonia like 1 ppm and see if nitrite and ammonia are 0? After 24 hours test  Thanks 

2 minutes ago, C2 da fish said:

That was a cool article why would I have to do a 100% water change ? Can I just do 30% or 50?

Surprised you got through all of it that fast seeing as it answered your question. 

You can change as much as you want at the end. The more you change the lower the nitrates at the end of cycle. You don’t want to start off with 30 (or whatever number) of nitrates, get your first frag with a spot of problem algae that you plopped into a tank with everything it needs to take off and take over. The point of a full waterchange is to start stocking with very very low nitrates because soon you’ll be adding them indirectly through fish respirating and food for the critters. It’s your tank so it’s your call. 

• Like 1

It says “clean out your tank and then refill  it”I wasn’t sure on how much to take it out but I’ll keep all this in mind thank you for the advice 

45 minutes ago, C2 da fish said:

It says “clean out your tank and then refill  it”I wasn’t sure on how much to take it out but I’ll keep all this in mind thank you for the advice 

There’s a lot more than just the first post. 

• Thanks 1