ReefCleaners.org

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25- NEW Cornbred Blue Monster Tort

KW NANOREEF

KW NANOREEF
6 hours ago, xthunt said:

Have you already fitted the skimmer in the back of the tank? I was always curious if the 115 would fit

It fits perfectly in the back but there is no room for the suction cups or hang on clamp

• Thanks 1
KW NANOREEF
8 minutes ago, nicholc2 said:

Another thing to add is even though those are both powerful neither are anywhere near full blast and the way they are positioned they are almost completely opposing forces so the actual in tank flow isn’t insane and creates a nice random flow. It’s cool watching different coral polyps change direction like that. 🙂

That’s what I am looking to do. Face them at each other so the glow bounces off and generates a wave

On 7/25/2018 at 8:13 AM, KW NANOREEF said:

It fits perfectly in the back but there is no room for the suction cups or hang on clamp

Mind showing a picture? Trying to get an idea of the orientation and show much of the chamber space it takes up. 

KW NANOREEF
On 7/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, xthunt said:

Mind showing a picture? Trying to get an idea of the orientation and show much of the chamber space it takes up. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

KW NANOREEF

Just got a new powerhead! Now I am running a Jebao rw8 + the koralia 425. Might be getting the Jebao rw4 and replace the koralia. Flow is now fixed! I’m excited to get this tank rolling. Clown going in tomorrow with constant water monitoring. Looking to then add a coral beauty there after. Then goes my coral from my old tank and a must is a torch. If anyone has a torch frag that they are willing to sell I will DEFINITELY look into it. Might have to get a deal on shipping from @Nano Nano Boo Boo

• Like 1
10 hours ago, KW NANOREEF said:

If anyone has a torch frag that they are willing to sell I will DEFINITELY look into it.

Aqua SD typically has really nice torches in their live sales. Id also recommend Vivid Aquariums as well.

KW NANOREEF
1 hour ago, dvs1986 said:

Aqua SD typically has really nice torches in their live sales. Id also recommend Vivid Aquariums as well.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just tested water about an hour ago. Levels still at 0. First signs of diatom appearing and just added my clownfish from my previous tank! I’m super stoked.

KW NANOREEF
5 minutes ago, specore said:

Greentree usually has a few Euphyllia frags.  May be worth a call to see if they have torches at the moment. 

Will do. If everything check starts out I should have corals in the tank by Monday!

KW NANOREEF

Just picked up a few frags today and put all my Corals from my old tank in the tank as well. First picture is a jack-o-lantern lepto, second is a yellow tipped torch, and the third is a blasto merletti. I also added a coral Beauty today but he has been hiding in between the rocks for the past 10 hours. Is this normal behavior for them?

EF5FE045-4DC6-4697-8B1A-0F2452FB1756.jpeg

AEC66448-ABDD-49B7-BD07-27204DA26A4C.jpeg

DDB26D76-D063-4126-8245-4CA75F47E941.jpeg

• Like 3
KW NANOREEF
On 8/4/2018 at 11:18 PM, KW NANOREEF said:

Just picked up a few frags today and put all my Corals from my old tank in the tank as well. First picture is a jack-o-lantern lepto, second is a yellow tipped torch, and the third is a blasto merletti. I also added a coral Beauty today but he has been hiding in between the rocks for the past 10 hours. Is this normal behavior for them?

EF5FE045-4DC6-4697-8B1A-0F2452FB1756.jpeg

AEC66448-ABDD-49B7-BD07-27204DA26A4C.jpeg

DDB26D76-D063-4126-8245-4CA75F47E941.jpeg

I will also post plenty more pictures on this thread! Any suggestions on more corals to put in this tank. Looking for something cool but fairly inexpensive considering I am not old enough to drive and work. Just to update this thread I now have 1 Jebao rw-8 and 1 Jebao rw-4 with an AI Prime light. Also looking to put a single acro in this tank later on. Leave your suggestions, I love hearing what you guys think!

8 hours ago, KW NANOREEF said:

I will also post plenty more pictures on this thread! Any suggestions on more corals to put in this tank. Looking for something cool but fairly inexpensive considering I am not old enough to drive and work. Just to update this thread I now have 1 Jebao rw-8 and 1 Jebao rw-4 with an AI Prime light. Also looking to put a single acro in this tank later on. Leave your suggestions, I love hearing what you guys think!

The great thing about knowing other reefers in your area is you can split mail orders.  You, @Nano Nano Boo Boo and I can have coral shipped and split the $4 shipping 3 ways.  @HarryPotter has some really nice frags he sells for like $15 and I would be happy to split a shipment with you guys.  

KW NANOREEF
8 minutes ago, specore said:

The great thing about knowing other reefers in your area is you can split mail orders.  You, @Nano Nano Boo Boo and I can have coral shipped and split the $4 shipping 3 ways.  @HarryPotter has some really nice frags he sells for like $15 and I would be happy to split a shipment with you guys.  

True true! @Nano Nano Boo Boo has some shipping tricks up hid sleeve to make shipping even cheaper!

KW NANOREEF

Just did my first water change yesterday! I’m so surprised by the fact that my corals stayed open during the whole process. My alk is pretty high though, around 13. Any thoughts?

A Little Blue
54 minutes ago, KW NANOREEF said:

Just did my first water change yesterday! I’m so surprised by the fact that my corals stayed open during the whole process. My alk is pretty high though, around 13. Any thoughts?

A little high. You can try small water change with lower Dkh (say 25% at 8-9DKH) or let it drop on its own. 

KW NANOREEF
19 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

A little high. You can try small water change with lower Dkh (say 25% at 8-9DKH) or let it drop on its own. 

I use coral pro salt and it says that it will raise you alk to 12 for a mixed reef. How would I go about lowering it to 8-9

A Little Blue
25 minutes ago, KW NANOREEF said:

I use coral pro salt and it says that it will raise you alk to 12 for a mixed reef. How would I go about lowering it to 8-9

Get Red Sea Blue bucket salt. It’s more manageable as far as DKH is concern. Same salt just lower in Mg, Ca and Alk. 

KW NANOREEF
10 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Get Red Sea Blue bucket salt. It’s more manageable as far as DKH is concern. Same salt just lower in Mg, Ca and Alk. 

I’ll see if I can just get a couple cup stuff if it from my lfs

Nano Nano Boo Boo
17 minutes ago, KW NANOREEF said:

I’ll see if I can just get a couple cup stuff if it from my lfs

Isn’t that what I have? Red Sea?

KW NANOREEF
47 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

Isn’t that what I have? Red Sea?

No. We have the same salt. I might just use reef crystals for one water change and see if that helps.