Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mounting macro

toddrparr

Any advice on attaching macros to rock work? I pickup up a sprig of devils beard? at my lfs yesterday. My first one 😋. 

12F88573-BE7B-44C2-BA95-6CE5A3435400.jpeg

• Like 3
Snow_Phoenix

That looks pretty neat! I usually just slot my macro into a crevice in the LR and let it take root from there. Provided you don't have an urchin or overbearing hermit running around your tank, then it should grow.

• Like 1

i do have an, or multiple, overbearing hermits in the tank. The little turds have been dragging it all over the tank. Hopefully a dab of superglue will solve that problem.

• 3 weeks later...
johnmaloney
On 7/22/2018 at 10:31 AM, toddrparr said:

Any advice on attaching macros to rock work? I pickup up a sprig of devils beard? at my lfs yesterday. My first one 😋. 

12F88573-BE7B-44C2-BA95-6CE5A3435400.jpeg

THat codium will grow like that, it takes awhile but it will eventually form a holdfast on the rock. 

I love macros—very nice codium you got there! You can drape a thin sliver of glue over one of the main growths, let it harden, it will hold it there albeit temporarily until it sticks. 

This macro is easily manipulated tho. You can try to just wedge some ends in that rock perhaps, just be careful not to accidentally frag it lol.

HarryPotter

Pretty! 

Tank looks pretty clean, make sure there is something for the macro to eat! 

(Based off my experience killing any macro I try to put in my 'zero NO3/P04 tank)

@ReefWeeds is the macro legend around these parts xD

On 8/8/2018 at 7:52 PM, HarryPotter said:

Pretty! 

Tank looks pretty clean, make sure there is something for the macro to eat! 

(Based off my experience killing any macro I try to put in my 'zero NO3/P04 tank)

@ReefWeeds is the macro legend around these parts xD

She killed all hers...........yes she did have some good stuff. I picked up some stuff from her a long time ago and it is doing great.

• Like 1