SaltCritters.com

I want to start feeding my corals

AquaVaj

I see these mentioned often. I'd like to get maybe 2 and alternate for a more varied diet or just 1 if they're pretty much all the same thing. I have mostly softies, lps and a few easy sps.

Marine Snow

Reef Chili

Reef Roids

Coral Frenzy

Coral Smoothie

my LFS tells me Benepets benereef is better for LPS then Reef roids.     I just started trying it, but the corals seem to like it a lot.  all of them grab it and close up or open their mouths to absorb it.   I'm also trying it alongside red sea Reef energy A and B.  I'm currently trying 1ml of each A & B, daily, with Benereef twice weekly.      my tank is a 40b, with trigger systems crystal 30elite sump.   so around 50-55 gallons of water. 

You don' want to over feed. If you have fish, 1 - 2 weekly feedings is enough.

I feed

Aquaforest powder for lps and sps and vitalis lps pellets 1 time a week.

Reef roids is good but for sps and filter feeders.

My corals love frozen cyclops

I spot feed my LPS twice a week alternating frozen foods, just started broadcasting zooplankton twice a week for SPS, and have to feed my balano everyday a piece of krill, except on water change day.  

I rotate between broadcasting benepets, reef roids, and reef chili for my SPS (sometimes a little bit of each).  The LPS also grab that when they get the chance.  I feed my fish mysis, roe, and some pellet food which the LPS also grab.  Every once in a while I'll spot feed, but they usually get some during the broadcast so I don't usually.

MainelyReefer

Coralific delight by Hikari is one of my go to coral feeds, Reef roids is another favorite along with frozen for my scolymias.  Try adding just enough water to the powder foods to make it a super thick slurry so it's a paste that just barely sucks up into a pipette, then it comes out in little chunks like sausages that acans and blastos and trumpets really like.

• Like 2