SaltCritters.com

Bluefish Controller Not Connecting

Newtybar

My power went down for about 12 hours the other day.  Since that time my lights have stopped turning on.  I have narrowed it down to the BlueFish mini as I can no longer connect to it.  I have tried re-doing the setup with BlinkUp, but it still says that it cannot connect.  I unplugged and replugged in the Digital Imp chip and it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions or do you think it just sh*t the bed.

24 minutes ago, Newtybar said:

My power went down for about 12 hours the other day.  Since that time my lights have stopped turning on.  I have narrowed it down to the BlueFish mini as I can no longer connect to it.  I have tried re-doing the setup with BlinkUp, but it still says that it cannot connect.  I unplugged and replugged in the Digital Imp chip and it still doesn't work.

All seems to be working. It should be one of these.  

• Clear WiFi signal and connect again. 
  • Make sure you are using the 2.4 ghz signal. 
  • If you received a new router, make sure to update the password. 
On 7/18/2018 at 3:40 PM, Newtybar said:

Following back up with you. All set?

• 2 weeks later...

I wasnt able to log in for a few days to the app.  Now I am able to log in to the bluefish app, but now it is saying "device offline."   I tried clearing all the wireless settings and re-doing the blink up, but it says "connection time out"

I am using the same route and equipment  on 2.4ghz.  Max brightness.

Not sure what to do at this point.  Other than buying a new bluefish mini.

10 hours ago, Newtybar said:

I wasnt able to log in for a few days to the app.  Now I am able to log in to the bluefish app, but now it is saying "device offline."   I tried clearing all the wireless settings and re-doing the blink up, but it says "connection time out"

I am using the same route and equipment  on 2.4ghz.  Max brightness.

Not sure what to do at this point.  Other than buying a new bluefish mini.

If you are not able to login that is a username or password ( the only thing is could be ). 

No need for a new Bluefish from what you are saying. If possible can you send a email to support@aquarium-led-controller.com and CC david@nanoboxreef.com

Please send you login info as well as a photo of the MAC # on the back on the Imp card ( SD looking card on Bluefish ). 

You are using the Bluefish 2.0 app, correct? 

I can log in now, it wasnt logging in for a few days, but it works now.

However, now when I log in, it says "login success" but then says my device is offline.

I'll go ahead and email support and cc you as well though.

Thanks Dave.

• Like 1
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, Newtybar said:

However, now when I log in, it says "login success" but then says my device is offline.

Thanks Dave.

I don't know if you got an answer for your problem but I'll share my experience. I recently had the same problem you were having.... I could log in, but I got the device off line message. I tried everything, made sure my connection was 2.4 ghz and I even uninstalled and reinstalled the Bluefish app, but I still got the same message. I tried doing the blink-up, still no go. So I had an idea. I used my wifes iphone and installed the bluefish app on her phone. Once installed I re-entered my user name and password. Then I did another blink up, again using her phone, and Voila!! It works. Something you might want to try. Good Luck!

On 7/31/2018 at 10:03 PM, Newtybar said:

Thanks Dave.

7 hours ago, basser1 said:

I don't know if you got an answer for your problem but I'll share my experience. I recently had the same problem you were having.... I could log in, but I got the device off line message. I tried everything, made sure my connection was 2.4 ghz and I even uninstalled and reinstalled the Bluefish app, but I still got the same message. I tried doing the blink-up, still no go. So I had an idea. I used my wifes iphone and installed the bluefish app on her phone. Once installed I re-entered my user name and password. Then I did another blink up, again using her phone, and Voila!! It works. Something you might want to try. Good Luck!

Thanks for chiming in @basser1! @Newtybar this just sparked something that I remembered from another customer a while back. Do you have an Android phone? You need to clear the history with the app. It is a bit different than iOS. Once this info is cleared it should work right away. 

I did not see a support email yet. 

-Dave

Ahhhh ok  thanks all for the help.  I've been totally lagging at the detriment of my poor coral.  Just have been so busy at work.  Will give it a shot.  I do have an android.

• Like 1