Top Shelf Aquatics

[Review] Cultivated Reef: My excellent experience!

shoonjai

I recently made my first online livestock purchase through @Cultivated Reef and couldn't be happier. I normally don't post too many reviews, but I had an exceptional experience purchasing through them and thought they deserve one.

I purchased two clown fish, a Wyoming White and a Grade A DaVinci. I placed the order early on a Monday morning requesting for a Wednesday delivery. I received an email from Holly at Cultivated Reef shortly after placing my order, and she confirmed that everything was all set to be shipped out Tuesday to be received on Wednesday. I received another email from her on Tuesday with a tracking number once the fish had shipped. She promptly kept me updated and made me feel very good about dealing with Cultivated Reef. I don't know of too many companies who will send the buyer much more than an automated "your order is confirmed" email and leave it at that.

Wednesday arrived, and I heard a knock on my door before noon. My new fish were here! The box was in great condition and seemed to be treated well during the shipping process. It was also labeled and marked quite well as any box containing live tropical fish or coral should be. More points for Cultivated Reef. Upon opening the box, I found a perfectly sized styrofoam/insulated cooler with a sealed lid that contained my fish inside. Each fish was triple bagged and individually labeled. Nothing leaked and the fish didn't seem to have been bothered by the shipping. I did my usual sniff test of the water before floating the bags and acclimating the fish and was pleasantly surprised to find no odor at all. I was more than happy with the whole shipping and packaging process and the water quality Cultivated Reef keeps in their systems.

Now about the fish themselves. The first thought that came to mind after taking them out of the box was how perfect I thought they were. Their markings and coloration were exactly as I was hoping for. I honestly couldn't have hand-picked better looking fish if I were given the opportunity. I am more than satisfied with the fish that I received. Their colors are very bright and vibrant, and they have both been extremely healthy since the moment I got them. Once in my tank they paired up within minutes and they never really leave each other's side for more than a minute or two. It only took 2 days before their eating went back to normal, and man these guys sure do like to eat. I use a mini syringe type turkey baster lookin thing to squirt food in the tank, and after the first time I used that they knew exactly what it meant. Now they'll come up and start nipping the end of it before I even get any food squirted out. Tomorrow (7/18/18) marks a week that these guys will have been in my tank, and they seem to have settled in quite nicely. They eat like pigs and explore all over the tank. They love swimming in the current too which is always fun to watch.

Before and after my purchase I had some questions that I emailed to Cultivated Reef, and Holly responded quickly to my emails and was very helpful in answering any question that I had. This has been my first ever online purchase of livestock, and I can only hope that the companies I may purchase from in the future make my experience as pleasant as this one has been. Aside from their great prices (shipping prices too!), Cultivated Reef also has great customer service and cares about their customer's satisfaction. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again and would highly recommend them.

Thanks again Holly and everyone else at Cultivated Reef!

fish.thumb.JPG.36a540da682728c22fc6082406fe8e36.JPG   fish2.thumb.JPG.887306f0e06dfb7f85dcb937aa111fdb.JPG   fish3.thumb.JPG.e883b389163881d54a865539664fbfef.JPG 

• Like 4