inTank Media Baskets

How to take GSP out of ball form?

Phill2222

My gsp has grown very odd, and is over lapping it’s self on the back side, any way to take it out of this weird position and flatten it? Thanks!

image.jpg

Not sure what you mean by overlapping itself but it grows in a mat.  As long as you have surface area suitable for it, it will grow outwards. May just take some time to bridge any small gaps. 

• Thanks 1

Probably not without injuring the coral. It encrusts itself to whatever surface is suitable. On a rock it will eventually cover the whole rock and anything in contact with that rock. On like the back wall it'll spread and look like a carpet.

• Thanks 1

The coral will encrust and form a shape to the surface.

These are living creatures, we can only manipulate them to an extent, otherwise they do what they want

• Thanks 1

When this stuff has covered all the flat surface it will send out "arms" that will extend out over what's already there. I had it do the same thing. I just took a razor blade and cut it off where it meets the original mat. I took those pieces and glued them to a new rock: (see "How doth your garden grow" on this forum) and took the original rock to my LFS for store credit. The original was even starting to grow over the sand.

• Wow 1