Coral Vue Hydros

PH Test - I can't determine level

TheDeltaFlight

According to that video seabass he says it is ready to use as soon as it dissolves and becomes clear.

I've personally never seen my salt precipitate like his demo and it's always been clear when I add it. He also said the loss of elements through precipitation is only 2% and that it is fine to add the cloudy mix anyways. So I don't think my mixing is a problem. 

A Little Blue
12 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

According to that video seabass he says it is ready to use as soon as it dissolves and becomes clear.

I've personally never seen my salt precipitate like his demo and it's always been clear when I add it. He also said the loss of elements through precipitation is only 2% and that it is fine to add the cloudy mix anyways. So I don't think my mixing is a problem. 

I highly doubt it. Recalibrate your refractometer and test new batch of salt b4 use. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

(Red Sea Blue Bucket) 

RO water with running pump, no heater> add enough salt to get salinity of 1.026> turn off circulation pump after an hour> add to tank after 3-4hrs. Never had any problems while doing exactly that. 

I love this salt. No restrictions on mixing, storing, and consistent parameters.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Rscp is meant to be used with a heavily populated stony coral tank.

It's very important to follow red seas instructions on mixing this salt.

The instructions I provided were given to me by red sea when I had used rscp.

I much prefer blue bucket to the coral pro.

I tested my new batch and it is good to go. But my tank definitely has low magnesium levels at 1200ppm. I have a lot of new macroalgae which is probably eating it up faster than I thought. Alk is up to 7 though and pH is 8 which is good. 

What do you recommend I dose along with the two part for mag?