Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

new nano box duo light beens years since I posted a picture

debbeach13

• debbeach13 changed the title to new nano box duo light beens years since I posted a picture

I have had several restarts over the last couple years due to health issues. Then moving the tank to a bedroom to paint and move back to the living room which did cause a small cycle. I am hoping with the new light I will see some growth on the corals I have. Which might encourage me to get some new ones. Thanks everyone for checking in.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I know your going to love it. Which tank is it going on? Is it for the 45?

Yeah, the 45. And upgrade is an understatement considering what I’m using now!! (But it works  believe it or not - considering it’s just an RFA tank.)

41617104660_36be7b8f4e_b.jpg

The tank is 3ft long so the quad should be perfect for it. I got the hanging kit with it. 

Do RFA's have high light requirements like other anemones? I had a carpet anemone for 21 years. First it was under old style HO, then metal halide which it doubled in size in just a few months after the switch, then after moving to Florida I had to switch to T5's because of heat issue's, Unfortunately it died when I was back up North and the tank sitter did not remove an uneaten scallop and the tank crashed. I have also had mini's but not RFA's.

Most recommend LPS lighting but I’ve seen them under Radion G4s at 100%!  

Mine did great under the Current Orbit Marine Pros that came with contest tank (blues at 80%; white at 24%). And now they are great under the two PAR 38s. They’ll definitely be fine under your new duo!