Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What temp is safe to cycle dry rock?

FISHnChix

So I am about ready ro start curing some dry rock for a new build.  The thing is this will be a bigger build than normal and I want to cure my rock in a trash can not in the tank. Needless to say my wife is not a big fan of having trash cans full of water in the house so I will have to do it in the garage  and that's my problem/question. I live in an area that is 100 degrees in the day time and only cools to 75 at night.. it will be hard to regulate temperature unless I had a chiller or something . 

So what is a safe range to cure dry rock? I am hoping to cure this 100 percent and then add it to the tank and live stock quickly..

120... it would probably still die in my garage, lol.

I mix my SW in a bin and pull from it twice a week for my office pico. When I take the lid off I can feel the steam. I have to grab the water the night before I need it because if I take it in the morning, its still not cool enough by lunch when I do my WC.

• Wow 1
10 minutes ago, xtra0t said:

120... it would probably still die in my garage, lol.

I mix my SW in a bin and pull from it twice a week for my office pico. When I take the lid off I can feel the steam. I have to grab the water the night before I need it because if I take it in the morning, its still not cool enough by lunch when I do my WC.

Yea might not be cool enough in my garage either but i have a can full of rodi that I am planning on checking temp tonight.. if not I can do it on the back patio and should be fine