ReefCleaners.org

What are they? Mysterious creatures in my tank.

MK1623

Hi,

I am getting mysterious creatures in my tank.

The first one is one of my snails.  Brown things.  They look like soft coral.   The second one that I would like to ask you is like a bubbly seaweed thing.  What are they?  Should I keep them or get rid of them? 

Thirdly, a more worrying problem.  After having introduced coral frags from an eBay seller, I have got tiny white/brown creatures in my tank! They are like dust and sometimes come onto glasses and moves.  They are too tiny to take photos.   It can be anything and I know you could not say anything but if something emerges like this, should I try to get rid of them and how can I prevent a similar instance in the future?   I should have been more careful when I introduced them into my tank.  I cured them about an hour and I thought they did not have any pests but actually, they were full of tiny creatures. 

IMG_5546.JPG

IMG_5547.JPG

IMG_5549.JPG

IMG_5551.JPG

33 minutes ago, MK1623 said:

I was able to take videos of the third creatures.  These moving creatures on the live rocks.  

What are they?  Are they pests?  If so, how can I get rid of them?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d19xtcmkx40xwsl/IMG_5556.TRIM2.MOV?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktb6b6nhyqvhfhy/IMG_5556.TRIM.MOV?dl=0

Yep, Amphipods it is. I saw a couple during the earlier stages of my tank and freaked out. They would be crawling over the live rock. But turns out they are indeed good for the tank 🙂 

Ah... you also got the bubble algae mess. Good that you were able to spot it soon and hopefully got rid of it successfully. It can become nasty in no time if unattended.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, kattick87 said:

Yep, Amphipods it is. I saw a couple during the earlier stages of my tank and freaked out. They would be crawling over the live rock. But turns out they are indeed good for the tank 🙂 

Ah... you also got the bubble algae mess. Good that you were able to spot it soon and hopefully got rid of it successfully. It can become nasty in no time if unattended.

Thank you very much for your reply.  

I was freaked out as well and am really glad to hear that they are good for the tank.  

I have removed the bubble algae already.  Thank you!