Pod Your Reef

black ocellaris clownfish

dheine44

I have a 30 gallon biocube with live rock, some coral, crabs and shrimp. I also have a mating pair of black and white ocellaris clownfish that have been together for at least 5 years. They have become extremely territorial and aggressive, making it hard for me to add any other livestock including shrimp. I'd like to change my tank up a bit, but these clowns have made it difficult.

I'm considering selling them as a pair so that I can add different things to my tank. What is a fair asking price for these fish?

Any suggestions on other options?

Thanks in advance.

Floundering_Around

If you rescape the tank, they're likely to tone down the aggression as their environment has changed and with it their established territory. If you still want to sell them $100+ is generally the pricing point for a mated pair of clowns. Price rises with the rarity of the color morph

If they’re still spawning they’ll be worth quite a lot, might have to look around marketplaces of forums to see previous asking prices