inTank Media Baskets

Changing live rock arrangement?

toddrparr

Wow I have a lot of questions...

Today's installment: how bad is it to change my rock arrangement? I still have not added fish to the tank just CUC, tank has been cycling about 4 weeks and levels are OK.

thanks!

Might actually be good, do it with a water change...you can lift rocks and vacuum detritus that has accumulated on and under them. Be careful not to let more fragile CUC like shrimp that can be sensitive to nitrates too near tho.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 hours ago, toddrparr said:

thanks for the feedback, its almost "there", just needs a few tweaks.

I actually did a rescape not too long ago with no I'll affects. I was super nervous that I'd crash the tank and everything turned out fine. Only thing that happened was a small diatom bloom but it cleared up in a couple weeks. I had a bunch of corals and a couple clownfish so I had some live stock to worry about. Doing it during a water change would be good but I'd wear some gloves handling the rocks. Just in case you happen to have some bristle worms hiding in the rocks and don't want to get tagged by one. Good luck with the scape :smilie:

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, toddrparr said:

Tanks for the input, reshape completed. Before and after pictures attached. BF1B666F-D567-48C7-8402-E30B8B558250.thumb.jpeg.1a57ee2fd8902ca4cdb66fbbed88b9c2.jpeg8B35165B-78A9-4EB6-A577-C804823BC502.thumb.jpeg.07366829e6c355df9f45e48aa5f9af16.jpeg

I like it :-) Good job with it