Pod Your Reef

What’s Your Favorite Coral - Let’s See Some Pics

banasophia

17 hours ago, uwdanno said:

Current fav is my Gold Torch. I got it as a single head and it’s splitting it’s fourth now. 

6DD2828B-5426-4A5C-99B7-4B8B8352B9D6.jpeg

D06E763E-6009-431B-B75C-22893E98AC12.jpeg

Wow, beautiful! Does it host your clownfish?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, jambon said:

This war coral favia is one of my favorites. It grew onto the live rock piece from a frag and when I removed the frag it remained and is spreading. The picture does not do it justice. It is quite nice under the actinic lighting.

I have piece of the orange plate above.. It is doing some wierd growth lately.

20180713_065932.jpg

I’d love to see a picture of it under your blues. Any problems with long sweepers at night? I would like to have a favia but I thought the sweepers could be an issue....

Gonipora.. I love them.. adds so much movement to my tank.. and my clown fish sucks he never hosts anything besides the wall but yesterday he was playing in the goni it was super rad... 

20180707_212611.jpg

• Like 3
Just now, Weikel said:

Gonipora.. I love them.. adds so much movement to my tank.. and my clown fish sucks he never hosts anything besides the wall but yesterday he was playing in the goni it was super rad... 

20180707_212611.jpg

Ah beautiful... I’ve been looking for a new goniopora, hoping to find one today. That’s cool that your clown was playing in it! The coral didn’t mind?

1 hour ago, banasophia said:

Ah beautiful... I’ve been looking for a new goniopora, hoping to find one today. That’s cool that your clown was playing in it! The coral didn’t mind?

Nan not when I saw him do it. But ever now and then when I glance at the tank the goni will be sucked up for a few mins so who knows haha

• Like 1
On 7/14/2018 at 2:27 AM, banasophia said:

Wow, beautiful! Does it host your clownfish?

I wish. Clown pays almost no attention to it 😞

5 hours ago, uwdanno said:

Awww, I thought maybe from your second pic the clownfish was in it. I have tentacles all over my tank now (torches, long tentacle plate, and now a BTA for the past week) and so far my clowns won’t have anything to do with them. Trying the to “train” them by playing YouTube videos of clowns in nems, but it hasn’t worked yet... 

• Haha 1
A Little Blue
5 hours ago, uwdanno said:

Gonipora + clownfish isn't a good fit imo (as far as hosting is concerned). Gonipora doesn't like to be agitated like that in my experience. 

3 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Gonipora + clownfish isn't a good fit imo (as far as hosting is concerned). Gonipora doesn't like to be agitated like that in my experience. 

It’s a torch not a goni 😉

A Little Blue
10 minutes ago, uwdanno said:

It’s a torch not a goni 😉

I wasn't paying attention. Thought you're talking about goniporas. Torches don't care about clowns at all. My male clown is using Euphillias to hide from moody female. 

• Like 2

Definitely my Reverse Bleeding Apple Bowerbankii - got it back in 2014 as a single small head and now it's bigger than my fist.

20180717_112916.jpg.c1c7906d68d2c2de942b534a9c88ae15.jpg

Here it is way back in 2014 when I got it:

small-acan.jpg.187f753e24caa343b01d4030009bfd4e.jpg

And for fun, here is it devouring a hermit that fell on it back in 2015:

hermit_feast_side.jpg.3d818bc0c314a5473c3ee6fd7a365ac5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On 7/12/2018 at 6:01 PM, Clown79 said:

Lol. I can't keep gsp. 

I love my gsp. Its been fun to watch it spread across a long stick like rock I have. In 3 months it has almost taken up the 8 in stick it's on. 

• Like 1