Innovative Marine Aquariums

Huge Drs. Foster and Smith clearance sale

seabass

A Little Blue

When I was getting salt from Am@zon, story was more or less the same. I don’t do a lot of WC so I mostly buy from LFS as needed. 

7 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Salt everywhere... 😡

I don't get it.  It's like they've never shipped salt before.  Weird.

Just now, seabass said:

I’m not sure how much is salvageable. Inside bags are torn. Edges of the buckets crushed so that they won’t seal. 

And what’s with the couple of small air bags in a box with 2 buckets. Like that was going to do any good. Ridic. 

Guess I’m making a phone call tomorrow. 

• Wow 1
A Little Blue
5 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

I’m not sure how much is salvageable. Inside bags are torn. Edges of the buckets crushed so that they won’t seal. 

And what’s with the couple of small air bags in a box with 2 buckets. Like that was going to do any good. Ridic. 

Guess I’m making a phone call tomorrow. 

Keep the salt and ask for refund. You can probably use most of it without issues. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Can short term exposure have an ill effect on salt? 

Most salts on the market are hydrous so should not be a problem. If you ordered Neomarine any exposure to air makes it slush because it is anhydrous.

Items are still on clearance - DFS is totally phasing out their aquatic division - the term going out of business has been thrown about - it looks more like restructuring. I believe DFS will go back to selling dog and cat products which is what they were known for. And Live Aquaria will carry everything aquatic. The was no "sharing" on facebook of their super secret sale. As soon as they decided to offload their aquatic division it was discussed by vendors - items are listed below MAP which made everybody angry. Vendors are concerned because DFS was a major retailer. Live Aquaria is not going to carry that much inventory or sku's - you can see that already on their site - maybe it will change.

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
HarryPotter
2 hours ago, seabass said:

Marine depot just ships me the bucket, no box. It works. 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
2 hours ago, metrokat said:

Items are still on clearance - DFS is totally phasing out their aquatic division - the term going out of business has been thrown about - it looks more like restructuring. I believe DFS will go back to selling dog and cat products which is what they were known for. And Live Aquaria will carry everything aquatic. The was no "sharing" on facebook of their super secret sale. As soon as they decided to offload their aquatic division it was discussed by vendors - items are listed below MAP which made everybody angry. Vendors are concerned because DFS was a major retailer. Live Aquaria is not going to carry that much inventory or sku's - you can see that already on their site - maybe it will change.

Interesting scoop @metrokat. Perhaps this will create some new opportunities for other retailers in light of the change. I'm glad to hear Live Aquaria is continuing forward.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Marine depot just ships me the bucket, no box. It works. 

But that's the 175 gallon bucket; right?  I'm wondering if it's the smaller size that's making them box it.  Still, it seems like a rookie mistake.

Am I wrong, or is carrying those 175 gallon buckets (with one hand) uncomfortable?  I've started wishing that some company would ditch these standard sizes and start packaging four 25 gallon bags into a box.  Most people could comfortably carry the whole box around (only around 33 lbs).  You're welcome, IPS drivers.

Plus you could mix a single 25 gallon bag in a typical 32 gallon Brute container (which would be nice for people with larger tanks).  It would also prevent settling during shipping, and prevent clumping due to humidity.  Yeah I've managed to turn a bucket of salt mix into a brick by leaving the top off at night in the summer.

And while those buckets are super handy to have around, eventually you have enough of them.  Yeah I know they offer 200 gallon boxes.  But those are even heavier and you can't mix a whole bag in a typical Brute can.

:rolleyes:

OK, enough of my rantings about salt mix.

• Like 1
MainelyReefer
4 hours ago, seabass said:

Am I wrong, or is carrying those 175 gallon buckets (with one hand) uncomfortable? 

Your not wrong, your either old or a woman

on a serious note I have both tracking numbers now so should get my useless junk

• Haha 1

Well shit.. dfs sticks again.. man i was really wanting to try this salt too.. pretty disappointed in all parties involved.  First dfs suck at shipping. The ups guys did not help my boxes where beat to shit ! And the small red sea buckets suck they are so thin and the salt barely fits in the bucket..

20180720_170059.jpg

20180720_170139.jpg

20180720_170639.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Man, that blows.  I'm glad my shipment didn't look like that.  I blame Harry for pissing off the entire shipping department.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, seabass said:

Man, that blows.  I'm glad my shipment didn't look like that.  I blame Harry for pissing off the entire shipping department.

POTTER!!!!!

Harry_Potter_voldemort_scream.jpg

• Haha 3
A Little Blue
16 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Well shit.. dfs sticks again.. man i was really wanting to try this salt too.. pretty disappointed in all parties involved.  First dfs suck at shipping. The ups guys did not help my boxes where beat to shit ! And the small red sea buckets suck they are so thin and the salt barely fits in the bucket..

20180720_170059.jpg

20180720_170139.jpg

20180720_170639.jpg

Shipping is clearly their Achilles heel. 

I was truly shocked when my order arrived in pristine condition. 

Perhaps RS should put their salt in thicker plastic bag and just a cardboard box? 

5 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Shipping is clearly their Achilles heel. 

I was truly shocked when my order arrived in pristine condition. 

Perhaps RS should put their salt in thicker plastic bag and just a cardboard box? 

Yep I think they should use a better bucket for their normal price or a box.. is what it is .. I will get my money back or Visa will handle it.. I might try and salvage some of it. Anyone ever dump the salt into a differant bucket ? I might try and vacuum seal it  I dunno seems like a waste

A Little Blue
5 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Yep I think they should use a better bucket for their normal price or a box.. is what it is .. I will get my money back or Visa will handle it.. I might try and salvage some of it. Anyone ever dump the salt into a differant bucket ? I might try and vacuum seal it  I dunno seems like a waste

I would try to salvage what you can. It happened to me once or twice. I didn’t have any issues with using that salt. 

• Like 1
HarryPotter
12 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Yeah for sure you can salvage it. One call to DFS- they immediately pick up and refund/replace no questions asked. 10/10 customer service, 2/10 shipping. 

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Weikel said:

20180720_170059.jpg

20180720_170139.jpg

20180720_170639.jpg

Exactly how mine looked. 😡

Get an additional 10% off - Including sale & clearance items, using code: SVG10JUL

Promo valid through Wednesday, July 25, 2018 @ 11:59 pm [CT].

Pickings are getting a little slim, but there are still some good deals available (especially with another 10% off).  Remember, there's free shipping for orders over $19.

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/fish-supplies/clearance-center---up-to-75-off-/ps/c/3578/7971?cmpid=E-_-FS-_-072218REACT-_-CLR&count=327

HarryPotter

I might pick up a round of additives then. Like 70% off good brands. 

PS: 

My soon-to-be brother in law received his tank shattered, skimmer cracked, and salt broken. 

They have great CS; he called and they reshipped. He’s not too upset as now he has spare parts. It seems like DFS is not too concerned with profit now that they are being bought out lol.