Top Shelf Aquatics

Huge Drs. Foster and Smith clearance sale

seabass

25 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Harry - I am well aware what the website states, however my first order was cancelled because of “damaged stock shipment” - that is when I inquired about additional stock. This is what it used to say.

IDK, I just added one to my cart, and it said it was in stock and ready to ship.  I'd try again if I were you.

dfs.jpg.fba0de7547eebfd3b09f6a1020d4b25e.jpg

2 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

They did? Sucks.

I'm hearing about many cancellations. 

My order went through about 7am. Perhaps they shipped it b4 they realized what a goof that was. 

Same thing happened to me. My AI Prime order got cancelled smh.

A Little Blue
1 minute ago, Narzyzz_12 said:

Same thing happened to me. My AI Prime order got cancelled smh.

What was the price on Al Prime? I don’t think those were on clearance sale? 

HarryPotter
2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

What was the price on Al Prime? I don’t think those were on clearance sale? 

They weren’t lol. Silly people.

45 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Harry - I am well aware what the website states, however my first order was cancelled because of “damaged stock shipment” - that is when I inquired about additional stock. This is what it used to say.D3B98AD0-2DF2-4374-85A3-AAA8B262D208.thumb.png.c48d154555cab7650b8e98a1a8ec8dcd.png

Try again! Back in stock 😉 

A Little Blue
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

They weren’t lol. Silly people.

They have Kessil lights at full retail price in clearance section if anyone is interested. 

• Like 1
MainelyReefer

Both orders disappeared off my bank account so I guess they cancelled my 38$ of heaters and magcleaners.  Pretty disappointed, plus I didn't even get an email explaining that was going to happen.

HarryPotter
7 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

They have Kessil lights at full retail price in clearance section if anyone is interested. 

I like how some RODI systems say 50-70% off, but you open it and it’s just the $6 carbon block 😂

A Little Blue
4 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I like how some RODI systems say 50-70% off, but you open it and it’s just the $6 carbon block 😂

Lol I have not seen those beauties. 🤣 

Perhaps it is time to find the most ridiculous items on this infamous clearance sale......🧐

• Like 2
HarryPotter
52 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Lol I have not seen those beauties. 🤣 

Perhaps it is time to find the most ridiculous items on this infamous clearance sale......🧐

Or make fun of people who are upset their MSRP lighting got cancelled :haha:

• Like 1
A Little Blue
9 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Or make fun of people who are upset their MSRP lighting got cancelled :haha:

No reason to get upset. BRS and others are running the same amazing special everyday, 7 days a week. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, Kellie in CA said:

My Tunze 6040 order got cancelled. Womp Womp. 

Yeah, those little pumps were tempting. 

I was also looking at $50 Tunze 9001 skimmer for my quarantine tank but gave it a rest. It’s a shame they gave so much joy for so many and then..... poof, all gone. 

HarryPotter
10 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

No reason to get upset. BRS and others are running the same amazing special everyday, 7 days a week. 

I have tracking on 300lbs of stuff, and although I got a call that they ran out of the Gyres, they still have not updated the order or payment... 

A Little Blue
2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I have tracking on 300lbs of stuff, and although I got a call that they ran out of the Gyres, they still have not updated the order or payment... 

Free shipping on that 300lbs???

hahahahahaha Crazy!

HarryPotter
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

hahahahahaha Crazy!

Twas mostly salt. I have a 300 gallon display (plus sump) filling, along with my 70 gallon reefer. 20 55g buckets of salt will last 20 water changes- a year? Saved a lot. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Twas mostly salt. I have a 300 gallon display (plus sump) filling, along with my 70 gallon reefer. 20 55g buckets of salt will last 20 water changes- a year? Saved a lot. 

You sure did. My WC are minimal at 3g every 3-4 weeks. 

Have you considered other methods to reduce WC? 

HarryPotter
7 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

You sure did. My WC are minimal at 3g every 3-4 weeks. 

Have you considered other methods to reduce WC? 

Dosing the big three, Ca, Alk, Mg. I just do water changes because I am too lazy to test my water..... Its pretty easy to turn my RODI on overnight, mix it with 6 lbs of salt, drain, and refill. Like 12 minutes. I do it more to recover trace elements than for actual nutrient export. 

A Little Blue
4 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Dosing the big three, Ca, Alk, Mg. I just do water changes because I am too lazy to test my water..... Its pretty easy to turn my RODI on overnight, mix it with 6 lbs of salt, drain, and refill. Like 12 minutes. I do it more to recover trace elements than for actual nutrient export. 

I’m also not big on WC. It’s more of a “muscle memory” than a need. But I do test Alk religiously. Mg and Ca not so much.  

Price for that Blue bucket salt is going to make WC just a bit sweeter. 👍

HarryPotter
15 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

hahahahahaha Crazy!

And blue bucket was below their cost— they ate some $$ with my order xD

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

And blue bucket was below their cost— they ate some $$ with my order xD

Still haven’t gotten any confirmation on my blue bucket order. Credit card is still charged as well.

1 minute ago, SeaFurn said:

Still haven’t gotten any confirmation on my blue bucket order. Credit card is still charged as well.

Same here.  I think the sale bogged them down a little.  I expect to see shipping confirmations on Monday.  It would have been nice to wait until shipping to charge your account, but whatever.  It was an unexpected sale.  Even if they don't ship a few things, I won't feel ripped off (just as long as they reverse the charges).

LOL they can't ship 90% of my order

Apparently they do not have a real time inventory system, which doesn't make much sense.  Whatevs little less jet fuel in the budget for Q3 😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
HarryPotter
1 hour ago, SeaFurn said:

1 hour ago, seabass said:

Same here.  I think the sale bogged them down a little.  I expect to see shipping confirmations on Monday.  It would have been nice to wait until shipping to charge your account, but whatever.  It was an unexpected sale.  Even if they don't ship a few things, I won't feel ripped off (just as long as they reverse the charges).

Luckily, I have shipping from the day I made my purchase, the 11th. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Yeah, those little pumps were tempting. 

I was also looking at $50 Tunze 9001 skimmer for my quarantine tank but gave it a rest. It’s a shame they gave so much joy for so many and then..... poof, all gone. 

I blame @StevieT :lol:....I keep trying to order the Tunze stuff and it’s either not available or the web page errors out. I was under the impression Tunze had MAP pricing seeing their stuff below cost seemed to good to be true.