Pod Your Reef

Huge Drs. Foster and Smith clearance sale

seabass

A Little Blue

That Clearance sale is all over the place. 

I checked items I purchased earlier and prices went up to full retail. 😂

ATO reservoir was $49.99 several hrs ago, now ....

CD5A61BA-F650-48F4-B17F-532D4598625C.thumb.jpeg.5939daaa2e5b29cf216b952aee3332e0.jpeg

A Little Blue
3 minutes ago, Kellie in CA said:

I've heard a lot of orders are being cancelled. I don't think they  know what they're doing. 

Really? That would suck. I got pretty sweat deals. 😡 losers!!!!!!

• Haha 1
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

Really? That would suck. I got pretty sweat deals. 😡 losers!!!!!!

I take it back. 🤫 Just checked my email and my purchase just shipped. 😘😘😘 🤣🤣🤣🤣

A Little Blue
Just now, Kellie in CA said:

Yeah, on another forum someone called customer service to complain and they were told that over 800 orders were cancelled. Crazy!

Perhaps they run out of inventory or realized what a goof that was. 

I dunno about canceled orders but my order didn't process I tried using PayPal and somehow it didn't go through.  I called their customer service and placed the same order. They didn't mention any orders getting canceled . Also they where super nice and the second I pressed a button to talk about a recent purchase someone was on the line helping me .. no wait at all

I fell asleep when I got home before putting my order in and the one thing I wanted, the aquaforest af90 reactor is completely gone, and not even on the website anymore. 

😭

I am one of the Drs. Foster and Smith victims. I placed an order for 2 white AI prime HDs and 2 mounting brackets Tuesday morning. I received an email confirmation and they charged my credit card. I expected my order to arrive within 5-7 business days. I was really excited (think Christmas in July). I have been using a used nano box over my IM 20. I really like the light, but I wanted to get my hands on a couple of new pucks. Over the past couple of days, I have been watching videos about the AI Primes and their par readings. I was really excited and couldn't wait to get them over my tank. Fast forward to today and I am sitting at my desk and I get this call from a 1-800 number. It was a rep from Drs. Foster and Smith. They told me that they were not going to honor my order because they ran out of stock. The rep gave me a weak apology and stated that there was nothing that they can do. Talk about horrible customer service. I immediately hung up the phone and went to twitter. I mentioned Drs Foster and Smith and PETCO in my online complaint. Petco responded and told me they were looking into it. Well after 6 hours and no response I called Drs. Foster and Smith's customer support. The first rep told me that all that they could do was offer me a $20 gift card...problem is...I didn't want the gift card. I want my order honored. My call was escalated to a supervisor. I told him my story and how upset I was at the fact that they are selling inventory that they don't have. He told me that Drs. Foster and Smith does not have  real-time inventory control! Excuse me??? It is 2018! How does a retailer of this size not have inventory control???? What type of ERP system are they using? I want them to honor the deal....oh...and the charges are still posted on my credit card!!!!!

If this issue is not addressed properly...I will never buy anything from Live Aquaria, Drs. Foster and Smith, or PETCO. I don't need their sloppy deals, customer service or inventory control.

Sincerely, 

Less than thrilled consumer who might not ever return to your sloppy madness and you can keep your $20 gift card offer. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I notice the IM NUVO 14 tank is $100 more now.  Luckily, my three orders appear to have all gone through.  However, I can't say that I'd be that upset if something didn't.

Some of the new items don't seem as deeply discounted (like a few dollars off Instant Ocean salt).  Luckily, I was able to pass on all the new stuff.

7 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

That Clearance sale is all over the place. 

I checked items I purchased earlier and prices went up to full retail. 😂

ATO reservoir was $49.99 several hrs ago, now ....

CD5A61BA-F650-48F4-B17F-532D4598625C.thumb.jpeg.5939daaa2e5b29cf216b952aee3332e0.jpeg

Niiice, I got mine ordered last night while they were still on sale too 😎

4 hours ago, seabass said:

I notice the IM NUVO 14 tank is $100 more now.  Luckily, my three orders appear to have all gone through.  However, I can't say that I'd be that upset if something didn't.

Some of the new items don't seem as deeply discounted (like a few dollars off Instant Ocean salt).  Luckily, I was able to pass on all the new stuff.

I'm honestly in the same boat, if my order got canceled I wouldn't be too upset either 🤣

A Little Blue
55 minutes ago, shoonjai said:

Niiice, I got mine ordered last night while they were still on sale too 😎

I'm honestly in the same boat, if my order got canceled I wouldn't be too upset either 🤣

All IM products went back to retail prices. However, both IM 14g tank and ATO reservoir have shipped. Lucky I guess.......

• Like 1
1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

All IM products went back to retail prices.

Someone made a boo boo.  I wish they'd just remove them from the sale instead.

HarryPotter
10 hours ago, vaughnking said:

I am one of the Drs. Foster and Smith victims. I placed an order for 2 white AI prime HDs and 2 mounting brackets Tuesday morning. I received an email confirmation and they charged my credit card. I expected my order to arrive within 5-7 business days. I was really excited (think Christmas in July). I have been using a used nano box over my IM 20. I really like the light, but I wanted to get my hands on a couple of new pucks. Over the past couple of days, I have been watching videos about the AI Primes and their par readings. I was really excited and couldn't wait to get them over my tank. Fast forward to today and I am sitting at my desk and I get this call from a 1-800 number. It was a rep from Drs. Foster and Smith. They told me that they were not going to honor my order because they ran out of stock. The rep gave me a weak apology and stated that there was nothing that they can do. Talk about horrible customer service. I immediately hung up the phone and went to twitter. I mentioned Drs Foster and Smith and PETCO in my online complaint. Petco responded and told me they were looking into it. Well after 6 hours and no response I called Drs. Foster and Smith's customer support. The first rep told me that all that they could do was offer me a $20 gift card...problem is...I didn't want the gift card. I want my order honored. My call was escalated to a supervisor. I told him my story and how upset I was at the fact that they are selling inventory that they don't have. He told me that Drs. Foster and Smith does not have  real-time inventory control! Excuse me??? It is 2018! How does a retailer of this size not have inventory control???? What type of ERP system are they using? I want them to honor the deal....oh...and the charges are still posted on my credit card!!!!!

If this issue is not addressed properly...I will never buy anything from Live Aquaria, Drs. Foster and Smith, or PETCO. I don't need their sloppy deals, customer service or inventory control.

Sincerely, 

Less than thrilled consumer who might not ever return to your sloppy madness and you can keep your $20 gift card offer. 

You realize the AI Primes were not on sale right 

A Little Blue
5 hours ago, seabass said:

Someone made a boo boo.  I wish they'd just remove them from the sale instead.

They were %50 off when I have placed my order. And I did get it at discount price. At this moment, there are several dozens of products at their clearance section that are being sold at retail value. There’s definitely some confusion going on there. I hope for %75 OFF on Kessil lights goof over the weekend. 😉

• Haha 2

Looks like my order got cancelled. Used my order number to track and it found no active invoice or tracking number. I only ordered $60 worth of small stuff too. Bummer.

13 minutes ago, AquaVaj said:

Looks like my order got cancelled. Used my order number to track and it found no active invoice or tracking number. I only ordered $60 worth of small stuff too. Bummer.

IDK, I'm assuming that you can't track the order until they ship it.  My orders don't track either, but I haven't received shipping confirmations yet.

But it doesn't pull up any info on the order at all. I'm assuming it should show when and what was ordered and current status (processing, packing, shipped..etc) but nothing.

I went and checked all items I ordered and only 3 changed prices. A jar of bio cubes and phosphate remover cubes and a bottle of iodine. I guess it's possible they'll keep the order and just remove the error items and that'll take additional time.

A Little Blue
5 hours ago, seabass said:

IDK, I'm assuming that you can't track the order until they ship it.  My orders don't track either, but I haven't received shipping confirmations yet.

They emailed me confirmation of shipping and tracking number. Order was in fact shipped and is in transit. Expected delivery by UPS on Wednesday. 

• Like 1
HarryPotter
18 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

They emailed me confirmation of shipping and tracking number. Order was in fact shipped and is in transit. Expected delivery by UPS on Wednesday. 

Mine also emailed order confirmation,  shipping confirmation with tracking number. I was bummed they canceled my Gyres though 😞 

A Little Blue
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Mine also emailed order confirmation,  shipping confirmation with tracking number. I was bummed they canceled my Gyres though 😞 

They did? Sucks.

I'm hearing about many cancellations. 

My order went through about 7am. Perhaps they shipped it b4 they realized what a goof that was. 

When I inquired about additional stock of the Tunze 3155 ATO, the rep stated that they most likely would not be receiving stock again due to it not being a big seller and plan on no longer carrying it. What????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Harry - I am well aware what the website states, however my first order was cancelled because of “damaged stock shipment” - that is when I inquired about additional stock. This is what it used to say.D3B98AD0-2DF2-4374-85A3-AAA8B262D208.thumb.png.c48d154555cab7650b8e98a1a8ec8dcd.png