Jump to content
seabass

Huge Drs. Foster and Smith clearance sale

Recommended Posts

So I ordered 80 pounds of sand from some site called chewy and today it showed in this box!! Luckily everything was in perfect condition lol

20180731_153428.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm... interesting.  They must be selling overstock (clearance items) to other retailers.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post

One of these boxes contains salt + test kits + food, the other contains a glass ATO reservoir. But which is which....fingers crossed!

 

boxes.thumb.JPG.938b7c11b290c09808d7c989aee45436.JPG

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, shoonjai said:

One of these boxes contains salt + test kits + food, the other contains a glass ATO reservoir. But which is which....fingers crossed!

 

boxes.thumb.JPG.938b7c11b290c09808d7c989aee45436.JPG

You should feel lucky. I bet ATO is perfectly fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, A Little Blue said:

You should feel lucky. I bet ATO is perfectly fine. 

After seeing the different experiences from other reefers in this thread, I do feel pretty lucky! The ATO reservoir came in perfect shape (the undamaged, well packaged box), and the 3 buckets of salt all ended up being fine as well. One bucket has a dent in around the lid area so it won't seal properly, but the bag of salt remains sealed and unopened. The other 2 buckets are in good shape, just scratched up. The dry foods I ordered are also fine, and the only damage are two of the test kits I ordered. Boxes flattened, vials broken, contents spewed throughout the box. I consider this to be very minimal though compared to others' experiences.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, shoonjai said:

After seeing the different experiences from other reefers in this thread, I do feel pretty lucky! The ATO reservoir came in perfect shape (the undamaged, well packaged box), and the 3 buckets of salt all ended up being fine as well. One bucket has a dent in around the lid area so it won't seal properly, but the bag of salt remains sealed and unopened. The other 2 buckets are in good shape, just scratched up. The dry foods I ordered are also fine, and the only damage are two of the test kits I ordered. Boxes flattened, vials broken, contents spewed throughout the box. I consider this to be very minimal though compared to others' experiences.

 

Have them reship the test kits, and you have some extra reagent 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/31/2018 at 3:40 PM, Weikel said:

So I ordered 80 pounds of sand from some site called chewy and today it showed in this box!! Luckily everything was in perfect condition lol

20180731_153428.jpg

Interesting, especially so since Chewy is owned by Petsmart and Dr Foster and Smith owned by Petco....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Well dang, they have completely blocked Canadian's from even accessing the website anymore. They used to, and they even used to ship to Canada. I guess big changes are happening over there. 

 

Thank you for visiting!

At this time we do not accept orders shipping to Canada or International destinations.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service team.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I've noticed that Live Aquaria seems to be stocking more "aquarium supplies".  Maybe Drs. Foster & Smith will eventually be divided up between Petco and Live Aquaria.  I don't really know, just speculating.

Share this post


Link to post

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions

×