ReefCleaners.org

Huge Drs. Foster and Smith clearance sale

seabass

A Little Blue
6 hours ago, Sancho said:

I blame @StevieT :lol:....I keep trying to order the Tunze stuff and it’s either not available or the web page errors out. I was under the impression Tunze had MAP pricing seeing their stuff below cost seemed to good to be true. 

I don’t blame him for trying. Trying is all that he accomplished. Lol 

It was worth a try tho. My order went through.  

Thanks for posting that.  I was assuming that was the case.  No complaints from me.          Yet. :wink:

I'm just hoping the test kits won't expire soon.  That was my biggest concern about ordering test kits on clearance.

• Like 2

Yea when I called they acted like nothing was wrong with my order and they said they haven't heard about orders getting canceled lol

Fyi I ordered the blue bucket salt and all 10 buckets just shipped yesterday.. I also ordered a skimmer that was half off a couple days later , but that has yet to ship..

• Like 3
A Little Blue
5 hours ago, seabass said:

Thanks for posting that.  I was assuming that was the case.  No complaints from me.          Yet. :wink:

I'm just hoping the test kits won't expire soon.  That was my biggest concern about ordering test kits on clearance.

That would be my ONLY concern and the only reason I didn’t pull a trigger on RS regents. 

HarryPotter
2 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Got the confirmation that my salt order shipped! What a deal!

How many?! 

3 hours ago, Weikel said:

Yea when I called they acted like nothing was wrong with my order and they said they haven't heard about orders getting canceled lol

Fyi I ordered the blue bucket salt and all 10 buckets just shipped yesterday.. I also ordered a skimmer that was half off a couple days later , but that has yet to ship..

Just 10?? Noob! 

• Haha 2
On July 13, 2018 at 7:42 PM, A Little Blue said:

What was the price on Al Prime? I don’t think those were on clearance sale? 

$109ish ,It's was the white model 

A Little Blue
12 minutes ago, Narzyzz_12 said:

$109ish ,It's was the white model 

Reef or for fresh water? 

$109ish is quite a deal. 

I wouldn't mind getting it for my upcoming frag/quarantine tank. 

• Like 1
On 7/14/2018 at 2:16 PM, Sancho said:

I blame @StevieT :lol:....I keep trying to order the Tunze stuff and it’s either not available or the web page errors out. I was under the impression Tunze had MAP pricing seeing their stuff below cost seemed to good to be true. 

I did try to buy all of their Tunze stock

Petco is no longer carrying the line. We sold more in a quarter than they did in a year. 

We did snag a few pumps but nothing like I was hoping with the 9001s and 9004s

Those web errors started Friday night.  Their systems are not well synced.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

After thinking my order was cancelled I get a shipping confirmation email late yesterday. lol

I guess they just got swamped and had to go back and review orders where they couldn't honor the price or was out of stock on.

HarryPotter

Unbelievably bad shipping. Equally broken items to working items- tho none remaining in their box. They had no packaging whatsoever, just tossed buckets of salt with test kits, pumps, acrylics, etc. sending them an email now. Also bunch of stuff missing, although perhaps that has not arrived yet.

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
A Little Blue
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Unbelievably bad shipping. Equally broken items to working items- tho none remaining in their box. They had no packaging whatsoever, just tossed buckets of salt with test kits, pumps, acrylics, etc. sending them an email now. Also bunch of stuff missing, although perhaps that has not arrived yet.

Fortunately for me all items I’ve ordered are fragile and made out of glass. 🤣

• Haha 3
HarryPotter
36 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Fortunately for me all items I’ve ordered are fragile and made out of glass. 🤣

Update: Although their shipping was absolute trash, DrFosterSmith customer service was great. Like remarkably great. A nice representative picked up within seconds. The first time they picked up, I was so surprised that I hung up trying to take it off speakerphone. 😆

6 buckets of salt were thrown away by UPS- Ive never seen tracking like this.  Another 5 were damaged beyond my definition of acceptable- bags and buckets broken and missing a significant amount of salt. They refunded for 11 buckets (because they no longer have them in stock) and reshipped a test kit that got crushed with the salt. 

Remarkably terrible shipping- I dont think it could be done worse. 

This is literally how a box looked like when I opened it. Vials in test kits broken, everything out of its box. No protection at all. That bucket of salt was fine. 

RMruRWj.jpg

Two buckets were in here. Both were spilled, I managed to get a bucket worth into an old bucket of mine. 

Notice the single two "bubble" wrapping. WTH. 

rsYS0m6.jpg

5YkWn6r.jpg

• Wow 3
A Little Blue

Packaging was horrible. Pallets/shrink wrap are the only options for such a weight and product to ship safely. It’s a JOKE!!! I have been in shipping business for years and I can tell you that heavier items, more fragile items and items of extremely odd shape can be ship safely if shipper/seller knows what they’re doing and if they care about their reputation. Unless they are counting on refund/credit from shipping carrier and tax write offs for losses....

HarryPotter
3 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Packaging was horrible. Pallets/shrink wrap are the only options for such a weight and product to ship safely. It’s a JOKE!!! I have been years in shipping and I can tell you that heavier, more fragile and items of extremely odd shape can be ship safely if shipper/seller knows what they’re doing and if they care about their reputation. Unless they are counting on refund/credit from shipping carrier and tax write offs for losses....

Your package too? Was anything broken? 

The agent was nice. She said that DrFosterSmith had never had NEAR this amount of traffic and the place was just overwhelmed. Her understand of what happened was "Someone shared our sale to facebook and then thousands of people who had never even heard of us placed orders that day".  

HarryPotter
3 minutes ago, seabass said:

Now I'm worried about the salt mix I ordered.  Will it be packed with my T5 tubes? :lol:

Lol, lucky for you T5s will probably be shipped separate in a cardboard tube. Too long to shove in the same box with no packaging 🙂 

But overall, I still got some awesome deals. No regrets at all. The 10g ATO container with built in float switch was a great deal, as were the salt buckets and variety of supplements and smaller items.  

• Like 1
A Little Blue

It’s on the way. Presently in Secaucus NJ, about 12 miles from my house in one of the largest UPS hubs in this part of the county. I know that facility and keep my fingers crossed that manufacturer’s packaging will survive “gentle” handling of UPS employees. Lmao

Should arrive tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Your package too? Was anything broken? 

The agent was nice. She said that DrFosterSmith had never had NEAR this amount of traffic and the place was just overwhelmed. Her understand of what happened was "Someone shared our sale to facebook and then thousands of people who had never even heard of us placed orders that day".  

Haven't got my package yet but I can second the quick phone call to customer service.. 

They got a bunch of orders... hmmm is like someone posted about this unbelievable sale on a reef forum.. lmao

• Haha 1
A Little Blue
5 minutes ago, seabass said:

Now I'm worried about the salt mix I ordered.  Will it be packed with my T5 tubes? :lol:

If they ship it together, they deserve some sort of an award for making this far as a business. 

• Haha 2