SaltCritters.com

Every Day Something New

James33

Alright if anyone can help...I know I already have 2 kinds of snails, a peanut worm, some feathers, a sponge that now seems to be spreading?

And now this....is this a fireworm? I really hope it's a no...also are these copapods?

20180709_212002.jpg

20180709_211558.jpg

20180709_211636.jpg

• Like 1

1. almost looks like a stomatella snail spawning or a maybe just a sponge -- does it move? need a better pic

2. standard bristleworm

3. amphipod

where's the live rock from? looks like it came with a lot of life 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Justind823 said:

1. almost looks like a stomatella snail spawning or a maybe just a sponge -- does it move? need a better pic

2. standard bristleworm

3. amphipod

where's the live rock from? looks like it came with a lot of life 

It doesn't move, I think it is a sponge with a runner at this point? No, it does not move. Sorry about the pics, I haven't mastered taking tank pics haha. The live rock is just from my LFS. I got it on sale because I think the delivery man mixed up the Indonesian and Fiji rock, so it was on sale? I am not exactly sure which rock is which, but I believe those were the two options. There is a TON of life coming from these rocks and it has been blowing my mind honestly.

This is the 3rd bristle worm I have found, the other 2 are more grey in color and a lot larger. There are also 3 tiny snails I see around, and the sponge. I'm sure I am forgetting some things, but bound to be more at this point! They seem to all love the one rock, which is the smallest in the tank so I am even more surprised by that fact!

15 hours ago, James33 said:

Alright if anyone can help...I know I already have 2 kinds of snails, a peanut worm, some feathers, a sponge that now seems to be spreading?

And now this....is this a fireworm? I really hope it's a no...also are these copapods?

20180709_212002.jpg

20180709_211558.jpg

20180709_211636.jpg

Agree with the others:

sponge

bristleworm

amphipod

.....some sponges send out runners. If you like the sponge just clip off the stray strands to control it. 

• Like 1