SaltCritters.com

Steve’s LED

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Nano Nano Boo Boo

Finally took the plunge today for my Biocube 32. Here is the before.  I’ll post pictures as I receive, install, and the corals react. 

Im pumped! 

image.jpg

Nano Nano Boo Boo

These lights are simply amazing. What a change! Does anyone have experience programming the hurricane? Controller still says “Day” but should be ramping down around 11:00 tonight. May be perfect, just not sure. Don’t want the lights on all night and worried to fall asleep! Haha. 

If if you’re thinking of taking the plunge, do it. Installation is simple and my corals already look fuller and happier. Literally everything in my tank looks better. 

Woukd also love to hear where everyone else keeps their lights. Mine are on acclimation now, but as I rank up I’m curious. 

57 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

These lights are simply amazing. What a change! Does anyone have experience programming the hurricane? Controller still says “Day” but should be ramping down around 11:00 tonight. May be perfect, just not sure. Don’t want the lights on all night and worried to fall asleep! Haha. 

If if you’re thinking of taking the plunge, do it. Installation is simple and my corals already look fuller and happier. Literally everything in my tank looks better. 

Woukd also love to hear where everyone else keeps their lights. Mine are on acclimation now, but as I rank up I’m curious. 

Let’s see some pictures!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a biocube 29 and am considering the Steve's LED retro kit.  Would love to hear more about your experience after the change out and some pics.  My biggest fear is loss or damage to corals from the switch.

Nano Nano Boo Boo

I can tell you that you won’t lose anything. I was able to install in about 45 minutes. I took my time and read through the instructions online several times prior to installing. 

Ive slowly increased the lighting over the last few weeks. Incredible difference in my cube. Corals are loving it and look better than ever. Really a fan of these lights. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

I can tell you that you won’t lose anything. I was able to install in about 45 minutes. I took my time and read through the instructions online several times prior to installing. 

Ive slowly increased the lighting over the last few weeks. Incredible difference in my cube. Corals are loving it and look better than ever. Really a fan of these lights. 

Thanks for the feedback.  Appreciate it

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

When I did my upgrade 10 years ago I had to glue each led to the heatsink and then daisy chain the leds together. Probably took a full day for me to do it 🙂 

• Like 1
Nano Nano Boo Boo

That sounds crazy! I was surprised at how easy installation was. Really enjoying the lights. Now I’m working on getting the flow together. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, specore said:

When I did my upgrade 10 years ago I had to glue each led to the heatsink and then daisy chain the leds together. Probably took a full day for me to do it 🙂 

46 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

That sounds crazy! I was surprised at how easy installation was. Really enjoying the lights. Now I’m working on getting the flow together. 

I'm noticing that prior to 2016, there were a lot of challenges with the DIY aspect of the Steve's kit and their customer service was bad.  Since that point it seems they've really improved the design and gotten a lot better at business in general.  Someone suggested Nano Box Reef.  I tried looking at the kits, but the Shop section isn't working for me.  Fortunately I'm a few months out from making a purchase, so I have time to sort out what I want to do and plan for it.

Nanobox is top notch.  If you are upgrading to the Bluefish controller then Nanobox may even be cheaper.  You can also check inTank's sire, they sell the Nanobox kits as well. 

8 minutes ago, Lognor said:

I'm noticing that prior to 2016, there were a lot of challenges with the DIY aspect of the Steve's kit and their customer service was bad.  Since that point it seems they've really improved the design and gotten a lot better at business in general.  Someone suggested Nano Box Reef.  I tried looking at the kits, but the Shop section isn't working for me.  Fortunately I'm a few months out from making a purchase, so I have time to sort out what I want to do and plan for it.

StinkyBunny

All we use now is Steve's LED systems. We've had 7 of their systems and have nothing but good to say about them. Their customer service is top notch as well as their systems. I'm getting ready to start setting up my lights for the 80. On M's tank, the blues are at 60% and the white and other colours on 40% or there abouts. I had to change the time to 12h ahead to set them up to come on at night and off during the day. Our systems are on at night and off during the day.

Here's a pic of the 4' retrofit system we're using on the 80s.

O1YaZUw.jpg

bSZ3Zoi.jpg