SaltCritters.com

What’s wrong with my acan!!!

Amandaew

Hello, 

my acan has been doing really well for about 5 months now. I had 4 new growths. The last few days it hasn’t puffed up and tenticals haven’t come out except for one head just a little. I did do a big water change/vacuum and moved my live rocks around. The acan was closer to the light and now it’s lower but in the same area. Any idea what could be wrong? Is this normal?

i did try target feeding. I feed it frozen food.(thawed it out to target feed) I also use a/b coral nutrition by Red Sea. 

B559DEDE-FDCE-43F2-9857-93C00E867F13.jpeg

E53B7FD4-C37D-43FB-A55F-C91B4C9505CD.jpeg

One thing I forgot to mention is the temperature. I’ve noticed that my temperature has gone up since it’s been really hot here. My tank has been a steady 79 since December when I started the tank. Now it sitting at 82. I e ready they should be at 72-79. I was thinking this may be an issue? All my coral is doing fine. Here is a photo of the other side. I’ve noticed since target feeding about a half hour ago that the white hairs are coming out a bit. 

7065237F-E273-4651-9FF4-07CA88C087CD.jpeg

Floundering_Around

It might take it a little while to open back up. I did a big rescape in Wednesday (today being Sunday) and ended up moving my acan over. It was still on the sand bed but the flow must have changed a bit so it was grumpy and didn't properly open for two days. My gorgonian which was also on the sand bed has opened a few polyps in the last two days and is a grumpy baby as well. My Duncan took the worst hit and still looks worse for wear. 

What I'm saying is, give it a few days and they should open back up, given stable water parameters. Try to keep your tank cool and it should be fine.

• Thanks 1

82 shouldn't hurt it, but could be enough to further aggravate it.  I agree it's just pissed about the changes, either the relocation or temp, or both. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for the replies! I’m still learning.

It’s the first time I had done a rescape and I didn’t know that the acan would react  like that or for that long. But, after five days it finally coming back! Yay!