Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

3.7 pico reef - Mermaids Key

Lostandfound

• 2 weeks later...
Lostandfound

New tank started. March 30th. Pretty sure this JBJ picotope would not qualify for the oldschool competition as the tank dimensions are 1" larger in height than the requirements so I never entered it. Using a aquaclear 30 set up as a refugium with crushed live rock in a media bag, stole some sand and water from my current tank to seed it well. Tried de-rimming a 2.5 terta and that glass is PAPER thin... think the bandaids will hold? 🤣

IMG_20190405_201121.jpg

20190401_183829.jpg

20190328_194706.jpg

• Haha 2

Haha nice bandaids.

You are allowed variance in dimensions. I think the picotope would have fit.

Are those mojano nems? Does your mandarin eat frozen?

Lostandfound
5 hours ago, asting said:

Are those mojano nems? Does your mandarin eat frozen? 

On the top back of the tank are small frogspawn. On the bottom with the photo of the Mandarin, those are recovering zoanthids. I dont have nems in the tank. Believe it or not I had TOO MANY pods and they were all over my zoanthids. This was the reason I got the mandarin. After the mandarins introduction to the tank, within a week the zoanthids began to open again. When I feed mysis shrimp he cleans up anything that falls. He's proven to be very hearty. 

Can anyone chime in on the best way to trap bristle worms? My Arrow crab is a failed hunter.... and more of shrimp thief.

Lostandfound
4 hours ago, asting said:

the 5th photo definitely looks like anemones, not zoas or palys.

If it's the orange guys. Dendrophyllia, dendro, or sun coral

• 1 month later...
Lostandfound

Cranked the AI Prime HD up and growth is booming!

I was very surprised to see everything enjoy the new light settings but I am afraid of running out of real estate.

- A bleached/fractured goniporia frag came back from the dead and is forming x3 new heads

- A red mystery mushroom appeared inside my rocks swimthrough and is quite large.

-duncan has sprouted 3 or more new heads 

- Moved the dendro/sun coral inside the swimthrough and upside down as a result of the duncan growth 

-Favia is overtaking the rock on the left side

-Relocated a frogspawn head to another tank because of proximity to the lord coral

WHO is going to win this battle.... dont want to find out. Please advise in long term positioning for the lord coral which has just sprouted a new head.

20190507_174403.jpg

IMG_20190507_174109.jpg

IMG_20190505_075448.jpg

• Like 3