kups

Biocube stock cfl to nano box

I'm going from stock lighting on a 29 biocube to my new nano box retro.  Should I go right into the LPS preset or start the levels/percentages a bit lower to allow corals to acclimate?  

Thanks 🙂

17 hours ago, kups said:

I'm going from stock lighting on a 29 biocube to my new nano box retro.  Should I go right into the LPS preset or start the levels/percentages a bit lower to allow corals to acclimate?  

Thanks 🙂

Stick with the preset schedule.

To further your knowledge the NanoBox series does not use secondary optics. Making the transition much less harsh. 

-Dave

Let me know how this goes. Looking to upgrade my biocube 32 shortly. LPS us using me as the tester to see how things go. lol. Heard great things and excited to make the leap.

• Like 1

Thanks!

• Like 1

Corals looking really good so far.  Some zoas that had been closed for about a week opened up today with the new lighting.

1 hour ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

That’s awesome to hear! Looking forward to getting my lights upgraded. 

Did you decide between Steve's and Nanobox yet?

I’m going with Steve’s LEDs. It’s a really tough choice but had to chose one way or another. They should be here soon and I’ll be posting some before and after photos. Really stoked about taking things to the next level. 

• Like 1

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now