Pod Your Reef

IM fusion 20 with double mighty jet (desktop)

Laffyy

Hi All, 

My wife and I will be setting up an IM Fusion 20 next weekend after taking a long hiatus from the hobby. Those clownfish sucked us right back into the hobby somehow.... I filled up the tank this morning and the stock AC pump is ummmmm, less than desirable to remain PC. I'm wondering if anybody has tried to fit 2 of the mighty jet desktops in the back pump compartment? The math works but practicality and feasibility are an entire different game. The idea is to use 2 pumps and 2 random flow generators from Vivid instead of adding a power head in the display for circulation. Thoughts on the madness? 

Cheers, 

Laffyy

A Little Blue

Interesting idea. Definitely not madness. 

I use RFG and they do require extra flow to compensate for flow restriction they are known for. If you can fit two Mighty pumps in there, I say go for it. 

7 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Interesting idea. Definitely not madness. 

I use RFG and they do require extra flow to compensate for flow restriction they are known for. If you can fit two Mighty pumps in there, I say go for it. 

which RP are you running on your RFG? The desktop version of the mightjet is rated at 326 gph. I'd be going with the 1/2" version. 

A Little Blue
5 hours ago, Laffyy said:

which RP are you running on your RFG? The desktop version of the mightjet is rated at 326 gph. I'd be going with the 1/2" version. 

I use single Jebao 2000 DC pump (2018 model) at full power. 1/2” is the one that fits my IM30L as well.