Coral Vue Hydros

New Hammer Coral shriveling??

anniebanana267

anniebanana267

i bought a small little Hammer Coral from my lfs about 3-4 days ago and it's been doing great. it even opened within a few hours of the same day I bought it. it's been doing great up to now when I got home it looks shriveled. a couple of its "tentacles" (I can't remember what they're called 😕 ) seem to be all dried up and they have a little black dot at the end. and I can see its "mouth" in the middle is open. I'll add a picture as soon as I can get a good one. 

parameters are :

ammonia and nitrite 0

nitrate 20

salinity 1.026 

pH 8.0

temp 78°F

i don't have any other test kits but nothing else is out of wack because I took a sample of water to my lfs and he said everything is fine.

please let me know! thank you 🙂

banasophia

Sometimes my torch does that if it’s pooping, or just randomly... it usually opens back up within an hour.

Looks like your nitrate is on the high side though... are you due for a water change?

• Like 1

Euphyllia close up from time to time and it's for no know reason.

It could be in too much flow or too much light as well.

I'd give it a couple of days.

Nitrates are on the higher side but I don't think its the cause.

You will want to get your own test kits when owning corals. 

• Like 1
anniebanana267
13 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Euphyllia close up from time to time and it's for no know reason.

It could be in too much flow or too much light as well.

I'd give it a couple of days.

Nitrates are on the higher side but I don't think its the cause.

You will want to get your own test kits when owning corals. 

My flow is actually on the lower side, which is something I'm monitoring. The light is around 90-150 par where the coral is standing. Do you think I should lower it further down the tank a bit?

As far as test kits go, I own an API saltwater kit and a salifert nitrate. As soon as I get some money I'm going to get one for kh and the other coral stuff. Are there any brands that you suggest?

Thanks 🙂

(also here are some pictures this is the best I could get. and she looks maybe 20% better this morning)

This was yesterday

IMG_20180707_183648.jpg

IMG_20180707_183724.jpg

anniebanana267
17 hours ago, banasophia said:

Sometimes my torch does that if it’s pooping, or just randomly... it usually opens back up within an hour.

Looks like your nitrate is on the high side though... are you due for a water change?

That's so interesting ! Yes it's been 3 weeks and i will be doing one on Wednesday. I know a long time. 😕

• Like 1
banasophia
1 hour ago, anniebanana267 said:

That's so interesting ! Yes it's been 3 weeks and i will be doing one on Wednesday. I know a long time. 😕

That’s a pretty torch! Maybe try to increase frequency of your water changes? 

• Like 1
anniebanana267
On 7/8/2018 at 2:50 PM, banasophia said:

That’s a pretty torch! Maybe try to increase frequency of your water changes? 

thank you! i agree. didn't even look as nice as it does here, when I bought it. yes I usually do them every 2 weeks but was having some car trouble and couldn't get to my lfs to buy my water. (still working on buying my own rodi filter) 😄

• Like 1