Coral Vue Hydros

Krish87

A better, zoomed-in version of the PURPLE STYLO

I'm absolutely thrilled to see that this SPS is happy with the flow and the lighting (stock LEDs). I'm sure I've seen a little growth as well.

147793513_StylophoraGrowth.thumb.jpg.14e23e614ca6e1fecf7c8e735daaaef4.jpg

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Krish87 said:

@banasophia Can you tell me what is the size of the mount you have for the AI Prime?

I have heard that the Flex arm is good, but the 18 inch. is too long and people have had bad experience. The 12" one is better one.

I’m not sure... got my light and the arm for it used from someone upgrading to a new AI Prime HD...

But I just measured it and it looks like 14”??? 

B755781D-746A-4F71-95B8-BAD0DB572197.jpeg

31DE69C3-9357-49A8-97F4-362F8D68BB59.jpeg

11 hours ago, Krish87 said:

@banasophia I recently removed my skimmer from the 1st chamber and a put a heater in, since it's getting colder. Well, the days of fighting the crazy temperatures are gone! 🙂

You think you can make do with no skimmer? 

I have my Cobalt Neotherm 50 W heater in chamber 3... though the rep at Coralife did say they thats a VERY BAD idea, and they do not recommend that since chamber 3 is affected by evaporation and the heater could potentially run dry causing a disaster.. I don’t seem to get any significant evap in my tank though, so it works well for me.

13 hours ago, banasophia said:

You think you can make do with no skimmer? 

I have my Cobalt Neotherm 50 W heater in chamber 3... though the rep at Coralife did say they thats a VERY BAD idea, and they do not recommend that since chamber 3 is affected by evaporation and the heater could potentially run dry causing a disaster.. I don’t seem to get any significant evap in my tank though, so it works well for me.

Yes, it's been a week and we are good. I'll follow my regular water change routine and testing of water quality. If the data compels me to get my skimmer back on, I will! 

I have the same heater. This was the idea I followed when I had in the return pump chamber -

• Push it down to the maximum depth possible.
  • If you have an ATO, keep the auto top-off level above the heater
  • Your heater will always be submerged and you will eliminate the risk of running it dry due to evaporation

I did it and it was fine!

We indeed made great progress . . . 

What an amazing journey it has been so far! I would like thank everyone who provided inputs, insights and suggestions during all my tough times. This forum has really been a huge help!

109402584_ProgressRow.thumb.jpg.17c3ad38ee67d8a4d071e74a46726621.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, banasophia said:

Really nice to see the transformation. Planning any new additions or changes In the near future, or just giving everything some time to grow and fill in? 

Hola! 

As of now, just leaving everything to grow. It's slow and steady (I'm curious to see what happens when an AI Prime HD+ comes into play). I actually want to keep some white-space else it would be a real challenge to get cleaning done 🙂 

On 9/7/2018 at 10:11 PM, banasophia said:

I have my Cobalt Neotherm 50 W heater in chamber 3... though the rep at Coralife did say they thats a VERY BAD idea, and they do not recommend that since chamber 3 is affected by evaporation and the heater could potentially run dry causing a disaster.. I don’t seem to get any significant evap in my tank though, so it works well for me

I have the Biocube 16, where do they suggest putting the heater? Funny, I did have a heater fry in there (chamber 3) . Don't know exactly what happened, I was at work.But I still put my new heater in chamber 3.

On 9/12/2018 at 12:18 PM, SingingSiren said:

I have the Biocube 16, where do they suggest putting the heater? Funny, I did have a heater fry in there (chamber 3) . Don't know exactly what happened, I was at work.But I still put my new heater in chamber 3.

Ah sorry I missed your post before. The woman from Coralife said people typically put the heater in chamber 1, but she did say that as long as you keep the water level consistently up in chamber 3 it should be fine.

11 hours ago, Krish87 said:

Someone want's to play Peekaboo 🙂 

Peekaboo.thumb.jpg.d82427b10ae98c7eee9a042f24d055f7.jpg

Looking nice, Krish! 

• Like 1
On 9/12/2018 at 12:18 PM, SingingSiren said:

@SingingSiren I use it the same way. My heater is now in Chamber 3 w/ the return pump. I've my ATO setup there so the water level stays consistent.

I’d like to give a big shout out to you, Krish, for helping me troubleshoot my pump issue this morning!!! Seems I must have lost one of the small pieces when cleaning my pump and putting it back together last night. Back up pump is now up and running, and replacement pump is on order from Amazon. Many thanks, Krish!!!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, banasophia said:

I’d like to give a big shout out to you, Krish, for helping me troubleshoot my pump issue this morning!!! Seems I must have lost one of the small pieces when cleaning my pump and putting it back together last night. Back up pump is now up and running, and replacement pump is on order from Amazon. Many thanks, Krish!!!

Always here to help! 🙂 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Krish87 said:

And . . . that moment when you see that you are getting an extra polyp on your Candy Cane coral 🙂

1959014785_CandyCaneGrowth.thumb.jpg.3d1f0bffb822b532c3a517655fb80bb5.jpg

Slow and steady wins the race - so apt for this hobby!

Nice! New lights doing their thing already!!!

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Krish87 said:

Yeah, now the only nasty thing in the tank are diatoms 😞 

Well not sure about the diatom situation, but I do find everything seems to grow faster with the AI Prime, including algae.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/15/2019 at 7:47 AM, banasophia said:

Hey @Krish87, haven’t seen you lately. How’s the Biocube? Don’t make me come stalk you on FB haha... 😂😜 I hardly ever go on there lately.

Hi @banasophia : Will be updating this thread soon 🙂 Stay tune for some updates...

• Like 1

Hello All,

I was MIA past few months. Traveling for work, family commitments and some other responsibilities took priority, hence the sabbatical. I honestly couldn't get time to keep updating this thread. I tried with all dedication but clearly wasn't successful. 

Nevertheless, now things have settled, and my update is long due. Thank you @banasophia for checking-in whenever you found time. That meant a lot 🙂That being said, my BioCube went through a lot of significant upgrades and changes for the good which I will update as a part of the opening post on this thread.

Thanks to everyone again for all the help, guidance and support from the very beginning!

• Like 1

Here is a teaser of the new coral additions to the tank.

@banasophia - as promised! #BioCubers 😛 

BRANCHING GREEN STAR

986202441_BranchingGreenStarPolyps.thumb.jpg.2241dc49aaa081d7ea4683fee8057e1f.jpg

HYDNOPHORA (SIDE)

1241767554_HydnoSide.thumb.jpg.27cb54c4a53542efd099efd852f0c2e3.jpg

HYDNOPHORA (FRONT)

1714427800_HydnoFront.thumb.jpg.6dceb4c7fe352a737f469cecb1c11299.jpg

GREEN STAR POLYPS

1356477142_GSPNew.thumb.jpg.c7b621f7ba0c934189f2fdbaa13a767f.jpg

TOADSTOOL LEATHER

1477162457_ToadstoolLeather.thumb.jpg.8d341526c4287860eccaff9808663194.jpg

TRACHYPHYLLIA 1

647526364_Trachy1.thumb.jpg.8eeb0b37c7d0ec2f6ae6556a64c7958b.jpg

TRACHYPHYLLIA 2

1633509256_Trachy2.thumb.jpg.45b2441be961e5236af51e9fab7410fc.jpg

In the following posts, I shall share the modifications (i.e. the changes and upgrades that I have done to my system).

• Like 3

Ahhhh, wow Krish!! Your corals are gorgeous! You’ve definitely been holding out on us haha... glad you’re back! Especially love your trachy and the branching GSP. I’ve been keeping an eye out for branching GSP myself, but I haven’t come across any yet.  Keep the pics and updates coming!!

• Like 1