Cultivated Reef

Teenycoral Clearance!

teenyreef

My frag tank has gotten way too full and it's time to get rid of a bunch of frags! I have mostly acros and montipora, plus a couple zoas. All frags are healthy and encrusting, but of varying sizes. The eggcrate squares in the pictures are 1/2" so you can judge the size of the frags.

Shipping is actual cost overnight via USPS plus an $8 box charge. In my area, USPS overnight delivers 4-6 hours earlier than UPS or Fedex and is very reliable. But if you are concerned about USPS delivery, in which case I can ship UPS or Fedex, your choice. You can look up shipping costs online, or PM me for a quote. I usually estimate for a 3 pound box.

All frags are guaranteed to arrive alive. If anything is in bad shape or dead on arrival, send a picture of the coral within three hours of delivery for a refund or credit towards something else (shipping is not refundable, sorry). 

The monticaps and zoas are pretty tough and will likely survive two day shipping if you want to take a chance. But I can't guarantee live arrival with two day shipping.

If  you order multiple frags, I usually include a freebie 🙂

All frags are WYSIWYG, and I can provide pictures of individual frags or mother colonies on request.

First up: Idaho Grape and red monticaps: 

A-F: $15 each

G-I: $10 each

Red and Idaho Grape Monticaps

Green Apple monticaps. These are an incredible vivid green with good lighting and parameters, but grow under almost all conditions. A great beginner sps.

"A" also has a red monticap growing around and underneath the green. The brown spots on the edge of the green is where the red is starting to break out from underneath.

A: $25

B-: $20 (SOLD)

😄 $20

Sour Apple Montipora

This green monticap is huge, all growing from one frag plug. I need to either sell it or break it apart into smaller frags. Caution: I will pack it as well as I can, but it's at high risk of breaking in shipment because its so big. If it breaks, I will refund $10 of the $40 cost.

Sour Apple Montipora

Green star polyps, $10 each. These are big chunks that have been growing for a while. (ONE OF THE TWO IS SOLD)

Green Star Polyps

Green Star Polyps

Blue Kenya Tree leathers. There are three in this picture, all pretty much the same size and shape. These grow much more slowly than the regular kenya tree, and have a beautiful blue color. $20 each (haknose fish not included 🙂)

Blue Kenya Tree Leather

Green Elkhorn montipora, $10 each: (C IS SOLD)

Green Elkhorn Montipora

Blue/green palys. I'm sure they have a cool name but I got them as unidentified palys. $10. (SOLD)

Palys

Sunny Delight Palys: $20 (SOLD)

Sunny Delight Palys

Acros and digis:

A-H: Sold to me as ORA Pearlberry. but they look more like torts to me. I've posted a picture of the mother colony below. Whatever they are, they're pretty, $20 each.

I-K, O, T: not for sale yet, these are too young/small.

L, P: Cultivated Reef Electric Miyagi tort. $25 each.

M: Bird of Paradise birdsnest: $20.

N, R: red/orange montipora setosa. Some of these are from a Jason Fox Red Hot Setosa frag, but they've morphed color to more of an orange. Their colors change quite a bit depending on lighting. $20 each.

Q: pink(ish) acro. This one might be pink lemonade but I'm not sure. It's not very pink right now bit it get pinker under higher lighting. $15.

S: Blue German montipora digitata. It's mostly brown right now, and needs a lot of light to turn blue (you can see a little blue on the very tips). I have more frags of these if anyone wants them, $10 each.

20180704-untitled-018.jpg

Here is the ORA Pearlberry mother colony:

20180430-untitled-011-Edit.jpg

And here is the CR Electric Miyagi Tort mother colony. You can also see the red/orange setosa in the background.

Katropora, Blue Stylo, CR Electric Miyagi Tort

If you have any questions, just let me know!

• Like 1

I forgot to mention - my zip is 23322 for anyone that would like to check on shipping costs. 

I wanted to note: the ORA pearlberry mother colony looks more like a tort. It was sold to me as a pearlberry, so that's how I listed it. But I've had at least one other member confirm that it looks like a tort, so I want anyone interested in these frags to know that I can't say for sure what they are.

The vendor I bought it from was a reputable vendor, but it was at a frag show, and they could have misidentified it when it was sold to me. My second guess would be a cali tort. If anyone who sucks less than I do at coral ID wants to help out, let me know :rolleyes:

I still think $20 per frag is a reasonable price since it's a very pretty coral anyway. But I'm updating the original post to change the description.

I’m still mad at USPS for denying me “teeny” goodies  🤬 

F’n podunk State!  I can send a letter to California faster than to my moms house 20 minutes from me.  

*** rant over. 😂

• Like 1
mitten_reef
20 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I wanted to note: the ORA pearlberry mother colony looks more like a tort. It was sold to me as a pearlberry, so that's how I listed it. But I've had at least one other member confirm that it looks like a tort, so I want anyone interested in these frags to know that I can't say for sure what they are.

The vendor I bought it from was a reputable vendor, but it was at a frag show, and they could have misidentified it when it was sold to me. My second guess would be a cali tort. If anyone who sucks less than I do at coral ID wants to help out, let me know :rolleyes:

I still think $20 per frag is a reasonable price since it's a very pretty coral anyway. But I'm updating the original post to change the description.

Look up the pearlberry on @urbaneks's 250 thread. I think that should give u an idea for id. 

1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

F’n podunk State!  I can send a letter to California faster than to my moms house 20 minutes from me.  

*** rant over. 😂

I agree! It's not even like you live in some tiny hamlet in the middle of nowhere, you're in one of the biggest cities in WV, and I'm in the next state over. I could drive it over to you between breakfast and dinner, but USPS wants two days? I just don't get it.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Look up the pearlberry on @urbaneks's 250 thread. I think that should give u an idea for id. 

I've looked at a bunch of pictures, and the color does morph between more of a pure blue to a greenish blue depending on the individual coral. And of course @urbaneks had one of the best examples of one. But the hard part for me is the light in my 10g tank isn't as high as it could be, and I don't think the colors of mine are "right" - the mother colony has a lot more green and a lot less blue than the frags have in the frag tank. So until some of the frags grow out in higher light, I'm not sure what the colors will look like in the long run.

I'm just going to settle for "Maybe but probably not ORA pearlberry or some kind of tort maybe but it's pretty either way" and sell them for $20 each in any case. Maybe some day someone will grow out one of the frags in great conditions and can tell me what it really is :lol:

On 7/12/2018 at 10:02 PM, RobsNanoLagoon said:

Are you dragging the monti caps or you are selling The big cap colony ? 

Sorry @RobsNanoLagoon, I missed your post until just now!

The big one is $40. But I can't guarantee it won't break in shipping because it's so big and it breaks easily. But if it does break, I'll refund $10, and you get multiple frags. Personally I think that's a win-win :biggrin:

On 7/6/2018 at 6:41 PM, teenyreef said:

I agree! It's not even like you live in some tiny hamlet in the middle of nowhere, you're in one of the biggest cities in WV, and I'm in the next state over. I could drive it over to you between breakfast and dinner, but USPS wants two days? I just don't get it.

Well now, we all know every last square acre in WV is podunk.  That being said, any of this still available?

• Haha 1

Ah, I’d be interested in small frags of your Idaho grape and green apple, if you still have some available. 

8 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

Well now, we all know every last square acre in WV is podunk.  That being said, any of this still available?

Yes, there's plenty left. I have a few pieces that are "spoken for" but not paid yet, though.

7 hours ago, banasophia said:

Ah, I’d be interested in small frags of your Idaho grape and green apple, if you still have some available. 

Sure! Please message me with your address and which frags you'd like, and we can make arrangements.

I've had many inquiries for pricing for specific pieces and shipping, but so far no one has actually sent any money :rolleyes:

So if anyone is interested, pretty much everything is still available and growing fast!

14 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I've had many inquiries for pricing for specific pieces and shipping, but so far no one has actually sent any money :rolleyes:

So if anyone is interested, pretty much everything is still available and growing fast!

Oh I’m so sorry... I totally forgot to get back to you to let you know I decided I should wait until after my summer vacation so I can provide total TLC for the new additions. I’m still interested, but no worries if you find another taker in the meantime.

• Like 1
On 7/6/2018 at 9:34 PM, WV Reefer said:

*** rant over. 😂

Out of curiosity what city?  I’m from WV originally. My parents still live in Charleston. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, nicholc2 said:

Out of curiosity what city?  I’m from WV originally. My parents still live in Charleston. 

My dads family is from Charleston. He went to DuPont High School. (when there still was a DuPont High). 

I currently live in Parkersburg. 

28 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

My dads family is from Charleston. He went to DuPont High School. (when there still was a DuPont High). 

I currently live in Parkersburg. 

I grew up in Clay but went to college at WV Tech when before it was WVU Tech and was in Montgomery so I’m very familiar with DuPont. I’m in Columbus now. Small world!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, nicholc2 said:

I grew up in Clay but went to college at WV Tech when before it was WVU Tech and was in Montgomery so I’m very familiar with DuPont. I’m in Columbus now. Small world!

So true!  We’ll keep in touch since we are so close! 🙂

19 hours ago, banasophia said:

Oh I’m so sorry... I totally forgot to get back to you to let you know I decided I should wait until after my summer vacation so I can provide total TLC for the new additions. I’m still interested, but no worries if you find another taker in the meantime.

That's no problem! I'll keep this post updated as they sell. And I may have more frags ready by the end of the summer.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi Teeny, are you doing a refresh post/sale anytime in the next couple of months?

I would rather throw my money your way instead of an unknown online retailer. 🙂

• Like 1

I'm sure I will! Spare frags are a little low right now but they seem to multiply on their own somehow. Are you looking for anything in particular? 

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions